Cosentyx and Scleritis - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Scleritis is found among people who take Cosentyx, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 2 years.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Cosentyx and have Scleritis. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 141,444 people who have side effects when taking Cosentyx from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
141,444 people reported to have side effects when taking Cosentyx.
Among them, 13 people (0.01%) have Scleritis.
What is Cosentyx?
Cosentyx has active ingredients of secukinumab. It is often used in psoriatic arthritis. eHealthMe is studying from 141,632 Cosentyx users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Scleritis?
Scleritis (inflammation of sclera) is found to be associated with 568 drugs and 307 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Cosentyx and Scleritis reports submitted per year:
Time on Cosentyx when people have Scleritis *:
- < 1 month: 0.0 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 100 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Scleritis when taking Cosentyx *:
- female: 72.73 %
- male: 27.27 %
Age of people who have Scleritis when taking Cosentyx *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 33.33 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 66.67 %
- 60+: 0.0 %
Common side effects people have besides Scleritis *:
- Drug Ineffective: 5 people, 38.46%
- Uveitis (inflammation of the uvea): 3 people, 23.08%
- Neoplasm Malignant (cancer tumour): 2 people, 15.38%
- Eye Inflammation: 2 people, 15.38%
- Eye Pain: 2 people, 15.38%
- Inflammation: 2 people, 15.38%
- Ankylosing Spondylitis (type of arthritis affecting the spine): 2 people, 15.38%
- Ocular Hyperaemia (an abnormally large amount of blood in eye): 2 people, 15.38%
- Photophobia (extreme sensitivity to light): 2 people, 15.38%
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 1 person, 7.69%
Common conditions people have *:
- Ankylosing Spondylitis (type of arthritis affecting the spine): 5 people, 38.46%
- Psoriatic Arthropathy (inflammation of the skin and joints with kin condition which typically causes patches (plaques) of red, scaly skin to develop): 3 people, 23.08%
- Psoriasis (immune-mediated disease that affects the skin): 2 people, 15.38%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Cosentyx and have Scleritis?Check whether Scleritis is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Scleritis and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of secukinumab:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Cosentyx:
- Cosentyx (141,632 reports)
Common Cosentyx side effects:
- Drug ineffective: 24,399 reports
- Psoriasis (immune-mediated disease that affects the skin): 21,919 reports
- Pain: 14,000 reports
- Joint pain: 12,306 reports
- Rashes (redness): 9,379 reports
- Malaise (a feeling of general discomfort or uneasiness): 7,934 reports
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 7,884 reports
- Itching: 7,536 reports
Browse all side effects of Cosentyx:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Scleritis treatments and more:
- Scleritis (1,992 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Scleritis:
- Scleritis in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Scleritis in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Scleritis in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Scleritis:
- Prednisone: 398 reports
- Methotrexate: 376 reports
- Humira: 341 reports
- Enbrel: 317 reports
- Sulfasalazine: 170 reports
- Xeljanz: 155 reports
- Pantoprazole: 144 reports
- Imuran: 137 reports
- Meloxicam: 136 reports
- Lyrica: 135 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Scleritis:
- Scleritis (568 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Scleritis:
- Rheumatoid arthritis: 466 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Scleritis:
- Scleritis (307 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on secukinumab (the active ingredients of Cosentyx) and Cosentyx (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Keppra and Unisom drug interaction - 7 seconds ago
- Valium and Erythromycin drug interaction - 10 seconds ago
- Rifampin and Azathioprine drug interaction - 11 seconds ago
- Contrave and Lasix drug interaction - 12 seconds ago
- Norco and Mumps - 16 seconds ago
- Lidocaine and Depression - 19 seconds ago
- Bumetanide and Vision Blurred - 25 seconds ago
- Agoraphobia and Depression - 29 seconds ago
- Elidel and Finger Deformity - 29 seconds ago
- Hyzaar and Atrial Fibrillation/Flutter - 30 seconds ago