Cotrim and Maternal exposure during pregnancy - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Maternal exposure during pregnancy is found among people who take Cotrim, especially for people who are 20-29 old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 2 years.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Cotrim and have Maternal exposure during pregnancy. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 8,580 people who have side effects when taking Cotrim from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
8,580 people reported to have side effects when taking Cotrim.
Among them, 13 people (0.15%) have Maternal exposure during pregnancy.
What is Cotrim?
Cotrim has active ingredients of sulfamethoxazole; trimethoprim. eHealthMe is studying from 8,589 Cotrim users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Maternal exposure during pregnancy?
Maternal exposure during pregnancy (use of substance during pregnancy) is found to be associated with 1,589 drugs and 1,311 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Cotrim and Maternal exposure during pregnancy reports submitted per year:
Time on Cotrim when people have Maternal exposure during pregnancy *:
- < 1 month: 25 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 75 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Age of people who have Maternal exposure during pregnancy when taking Cotrim *:
- 0-1: 9.09 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 54.55 %
- 30-39: 27.27 %
- 40-49: 9.09 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 0.0 %
Common drugs people take besides Cotrim *:
- Candesartan Cilexetil: 4 people, 30.77%
- Foscavir: 3 people, 23.08%
- Prograf: 3 people, 23.08%
- Acetaminophen: 2 people, 15.38%
- Acyclovir: 2 people, 15.38%
- Mirtazapine: 2 people, 15.38%
- Baraclude: 2 people, 15.38%
- Tacrolimus: 2 people, 15.38%
- Eliquis: 1 person, 7.69%
- Folic Acid: 1 person, 7.69%
Common side effects people have besides Maternal exposure during pregnancy *:
- Renal Impairment (severely reduced kidney function): 4 people, 30.77%
- Abortion Induced (medically referred abortion): 3 people, 23.08%
- Oligohydramnios (a condition in pregnancy characterized by a deficiency of amniotic fluid): 3 people, 23.08%
- Hypospadias (an abnormal condition in males in which the urethra opens on the under surface of the penis): 2 people, 15.38%
- Thrombocytosis: 1 person, 7.69%
- Bronchitis (inflammation of the mucous membrane in the bronchial tubes): 1 person, 7.69%
- Abortion Missed (delayed or silent miscarriage): 1 person, 7.69%
- Abortion Spontaneous (naturally occurring miscarriage): 1 person, 7.69%
- Anaemia (lack of blood): 1 person, 7.69%
- Arrhythmias (irregular heartbeat): 1 person, 7.69%
Common conditions people have *:
- Renal Impairment (severely reduced kidney function): 3 people, 23.08%
- Renal Disorder (kidney disease): 3 people, 23.08%
- Epstein-Barr Virus Infection: 3 people, 23.08%
- Cytomegalovirus Enterocolitis (virus infection of intestine and colon): 3 people, 23.08%
- Hiv Infection: 2 people, 15.38%
- Urinary Tract Infection: 1 person, 7.69%
- Renal Failure Chronic (long lasting kidney dysfunction): 1 person, 7.69%
- Primary Pulmonary Hypertension (primary high blood pressure that affects the arteries in the lungs and the right side of your heart): 1 person, 7.69%
- Maternal Therapy To Enhance Foetal Lung Maturity: 1 person, 7.69%
- Hypothyroidism (abnormally low activity of the thyroid gland, resulting in retardation of growth and mental development): 1 person, 7.69%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Cotrim and have Maternal exposure during pregnancy?Check whether Maternal exposure during pregnancy is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Maternal exposure during pregnancy and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of sulfamethoxazole; trimethoprim:
- Maternal exposure during pregnancy and drugs with ingredients of sulfamethoxazole; trimethoprim (320 reports)
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Cotrim:
- Cotrim (8,589 reports)
Common Cotrim side effects:
- Fever: 1,049 reports
- Thrombocytopenia (decrease of platelets in blood): 660 reports
- Diarrhea: 542 reports
- Pneumonia: 508 reports
- Sepsis (a severe blood infection that can lead to organ failure and death): 395 reports
- Indigestion: 389 reports
Browse all side effects of Cotrim:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Maternal exposure during pregnancy treatments and more:
- Maternal exposure during pregnancy (70,040 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Maternal exposure during pregnancy:
- Maternal exposure during pregnancy in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Maternal exposure during pregnancy in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Maternal exposure during pregnancy in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Maternal exposure during pregnancy:
- Prednisone: 6,390 reports
- Cimzia: 5,633 reports
- Humira: 5,364 reports
- Methotrexate: 5,355 reports
- Enbrel: 5,037 reports
- Remicade: 4,940 reports
- Orencia: 4,547 reports
- Arava: 4,267 reports
- Actemra: 4,156 reports
- Sulfasalazine: 4,081 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Maternal exposure during pregnancy:
- Maternal exposure during pregnancy (1,589 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Maternal exposure during pregnancy:
- Rheumatoid arthritis: 6,257 reports
- Multiple sclerosis: 5,750 reports
- Epilepsy: 2,842 reports
- Hiv infection: 2,479 reports
- Depression: 2,404 reports
- Birth control: 2,259 reports
- Psoriasis: 1,726 reports
- Crohn's disease: 1,497 reports
- High blood pressure: 1,478 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Maternal exposure during pregnancy:
- Maternal exposure during pregnancy (1,311 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on sulfamethoxazole; trimethoprim (the active ingredients of Cotrim) and Cotrim (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Vicodin vs. Frova - a second ago
- Lisinopril And Hydrochlorothiazide vs. Aldomet - 4 seconds ago
- Symproic and Lyrica drug interaction - 5 seconds ago
- Fentanyl Transdermal System vs. Tylenol W/ Codeine No. 3 - 8 seconds ago
- Advil Congestion Relief and Fioricet drug interaction - 14 seconds ago
- Lyrica and Cozaar drug interaction - 16 seconds ago
- Lyrica and Renagel drug interaction - 21 seconds ago
- Dymista vs. Phenergan - 22 seconds ago
- Lyrica and Oxybutynin Chloride drug interaction - 25 seconds ago
- Lyrica and Humulin R drug interaction - 27 seconds ago