Coumadin and Dupuytren's contracture - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Dupuytren's contracture is found among people who take Coumadin, especially for people who are male, 50-59 old.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Coumadin and have Dupuytren's contracture. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 127,156 people who have side effects when taking Coumadin from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
127,156 people reported to have side effects when taking Coumadin.
Among them, 15 people (0.01%) have Dupuytren's contracture.
What is Coumadin?
Coumadin has active ingredients of warfarin sodium. It is often used in blood clots. eHealthMe is studying from 130,032 Coumadin users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Dupuytren's contracture?
Dupuytren's contracture (thickening of the fibrous tissue layer underneath the skin of the palm and fingers) is found to be associated with 445 drugs and 208 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Coumadin and Dupuytren's contracture reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Dupuytren's contracture when taking Coumadin *:
- female: 13.33 %
- male: 86.67 %
Age of people who have Dupuytren's contracture when taking Coumadin *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 60 %
- 60+: 40 %
Common drugs people take besides Coumadin *:
- Lisinopril: 9 people, 60.00%
- Plavix: 9 people, 60.00%
- Lopressor: 8 people, 53.33%
- Prednisone: 7 people, 46.67%
- Zometa: 6 people, 40.00%
- Taxotere: 6 people, 40.00%
- Neupogen: 6 people, 40.00%
- Oxycontin: 6 people, 40.00%
- Leuprolide Acetate: 6 people, 40.00%
- Mitoxantrone: 6 people, 40.00%
Common side effects people have besides Dupuytren's contracture *:
- Depression: 11 people, 73.33%
- Pain: 9 people, 60.00%
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (a condition in which stomach contents leak backward from the stomach into the oesophagus): 9 people, 60.00%
- Gait Disturbance: 9 people, 60.00%
- Mental Disorder (a psychological term for a mental or behavioural pattern or anomaly that causes distress or disability): 9 people, 60.00%
- Sepsis (a severe blood infection that can lead to organ failure and death): 7 people, 46.67%
- Constipation: 7 people, 46.67%
- Hypotension (abnormally low blood pressure): 7 people, 46.67%
- Oedema (fluid collection in tissue): 7 people, 46.67%
- Diarrhea: 6 people, 40.00%
Common conditions people have *:
- Bone Density Decreased: 5 people, 33.33%
- Rash Pruritic (redness with itching): 3 people, 20.00%
- Psoriasis (immune-mediated disease that affects the skin): 2 people, 13.33%
- Stress And Anxiety: 1 person, 6.67%
- Pain: 1 person, 6.67%
- Osteoporosis (bones weak and more likely to break): 1 person, 6.67%
- Metastases To Bone (cancer spreads to bone): 1 person, 6.67%
- Infection: 1 person, 6.67%
- Depression: 1 person, 6.67%
- Colon Cancer: 1 person, 6.67%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Coumadin and have Dupuytren's contracture?Check whether Dupuytren's contracture is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Dupuytren's contracture and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of warfarin sodium:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Coumadin:
- Coumadin (130,032 reports)
Common Coumadin side effects:
Browse all side effects of Coumadin:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Dupuytren's contracture treatments and more:
- Dupuytren's contracture (2,031 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Dupuytren's contracture:
- Dupuytren's contracture in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Dupuytren's contracture in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Dupuytren's contracture in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Dupuytren's contracture:
- Xiaflex: 137 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Dupuytren's contracture:
- Dupuytren's contracture (445 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Dupuytren's contracture:
- Ra: 104 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Dupuytren's contracture:
- Dupuytren's contracture (208 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on warfarin sodium (the active ingredients of Coumadin) and Coumadin (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Horse Chestnut and Hepatic Steatosis - 9 seconds ago
- Coumadin and Dupuytren'S Contracture - 11 seconds ago
- Gemcitabine Hydrochloride and Gastric Ulcer Haemorrhage - 18 seconds ago
- Tarceva and Impaired Driving Ability - 20 seconds ago
- Atrioventricular Block Complete and drugs of ingredients of alpha - gpc - 21 seconds ago
- Nystop and Prilosec drug interaction - 23 seconds ago
- Lumigan and Colonic Polyp - 28 seconds ago
- Pseudotumor Cerebri and drugs of ingredients of ethinyl estradiol; norethindrone acetate - 33 seconds ago
- Desloratadine and Cardizem drug interaction - 37 seconds ago
- Colace and Heparin-Induced Thrombocytopenia - 55 seconds ago