Coumadin and Edema - from FDA reports
Edema is found among people who take Coumadin, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Zometa, and have Primary pulmonary hypertension. This review analyzes which people have Edema with Coumadin. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 105,023 people who have side effects when taking Coumadin from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Nov, 23, 2017
105,023 people reported to have side effects when taking Coumadin.
Among them, 1,142 people (1.09%) have Edema
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Coumadin when people have Edema *:
- < 1 month: 53.85 %
- 1 - 6 months: 15.38 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 23.08 %
- 5 - 10 years: 7.69 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Edema when taking Coumadin *:
- female: 69.35 %
- male: 30.65 %
Age of people who have Edema when taking Coumadin *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.11 %
- 10-19: 0.33 %
- 20-29: 1.23 %
- 30-39: 2.23 %
- 40-49: 8.58 %
- 50-59: 23.86 %
- 60+: 63.66 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Primary Pulmonary Hypertension (196 people, 17.16%)
- Multiple Myeloma (136 people, 11.91%)
- Metastases To Bone (133 people, 11.65%)
- Breast Cancer (98 people, 8.58%)
- Pain (87 people, 7.62%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Zometa (443 people, 38.79%)
- Aredia (343 people, 30.04%)
- Lasix (320 people, 28.02%)
- Synthroid (182 people, 15.94%)
- Prilosec (175 people, 15.32%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Pain (472 people, 41.33%)
- Breathing Difficulty (404 people, 35.38%)
- Stress And Anxiety (332 people, 29.07%)
- Osteonecrosis Of Jaw (327 people, 28.63%)
- Weakness (325 people, 28.46%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have Edema when taking Coumadin?
- Check symptoms - is edema caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsEdema and drugs with ingredients of warfarin sodium.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeEdema and Coumadin from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Coumadin has active ingredients of warfarin sodium. It is often used in blood clots. (latest outcomes from Coumadin 109,186 users)
Edema (excess of watery fluid collecting in the cavities or tissues of the body) has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, pain, osteoporosis, multiple sclerosis (latest reports from 45,858 Edema patients).
Browse all side effects of Coumadina b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with EdemaEdema
Could your condition cause EdemaEdema
What would happen?
Questions to the study
Diagnosed with Budd Chiari Syndrome 16years ago. Had 2 TIPS procedures in that time to clear occlusion in hepatic vein, last one quite recently. Research says marijuana can help with pain, fatigue and maybe have an effect on cirrhosis. Not keen on smoking so looking for the cleanest way to take ...
Since adding Tamsulosin to my list of drugs I recognized an increasing of impotence which I suppose was caused by medications. I was ALLRIGHT when using Coumadin (Sintron 2mg daily ) and Bisoprolol Fumarate (Corbis 5mg daily)