Coumadin and Fatigue - from FDA reports
Fatigue is found among people who take Coumadin, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Lasix, and have Primary pulmonary hypertension. This review analyzes which people have Fatigue with Coumadin. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 105,023 people who have side effects when taking Coumadin from FDA, and is updated regularly.
105,023 people reported to have side effects when taking Coumadin.
Among them, 6,687 people (6.37%) have Fatigue
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Coumadin when people have Fatigue *:
- < 1 month: 20.27 %
- 1 - 6 months: 36.49 %
- 6 - 12 months: 12.84 %
- 1 - 2 years: 5.41 %
- 2 - 5 years: 14.86 %
- 5 - 10 years: 8.11 %
- 10+ years: 2.03 %
Gender of people who have Fatigue when taking Coumadin *:
- female: 58.96 %
- male: 41.04 %
Age of people who have Fatigue when taking Coumadin *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.09 %
- 10-19: 0.87 %
- 20-29: 1.6 %
- 30-39: 4.26 %
- 40-49: 9.86 %
- 50-59: 18.65 %
- 60+: 64.66 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Primary Pulmonary Hypertension (primary high blood pressure that affects the arteries in the lungs and the right side of your heart): 764 people, 11.43%
- Multiple Myeloma (cancer of the plasma cells): 520 people, 7.78%
- Pulmonary Hypertension (increase in blood pressure in the lung artery): 326 people, 4.88%
- Pain: 291 people, 4.35%
- High Blood Pressure: 270 people, 4.04%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Lasix: 1,483 people, 22.18%
- Zometa: 803 people, 12.01%
- Digoxin: 784 people, 11.72%
- Aspirin: 760 people, 11.37%
- Lipitor: 676 people, 10.11%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Weakness: 1,976 people, 29.55%
- Breathing Difficulty: 1,855 people, 27.74%
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 1,557 people, 23.28%
- Pain: 1,343 people, 20.08%
- Dizziness: 1,293 people, 19.34%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
What's next: manage your medications
- Subscribe to monitor Fatigue in Coumadin
- Subscribe to monitor Coumadin
- Volunteer or get paid with your care experience as a Care Guide
- Order discounted lab tests to monitor your medications, no doctor referral required
- Check whether a drug or a condition causes Fatigue
- Connect with people like you, or share your experience to help people like you
- Print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
- Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Coumadin has active ingredients of warfarin sodium. It is often used in blood clots. (latest outcomes from Coumadin 109,191 users)
Fatigue (feeling of tiredness) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis, hepatitis c, high blood pressure, depression (latest reports from 406,378 Fatigue patients).
Drugs that are associated with FatigueFatigue (3,820 drugs)
Could your condition cause FatigueFatigue (5,439 conditions)
Coumadin side effects
- Coumadin side effects (105,083 reports)
Browse all side effects of Coumadina b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Peel MM, Cooke M, Lewis-Peel HJ, Lea RA, Moyle W, "A randomized controlled trial of coenzyme Q 10 for fatigue in the late-onset sequelae of poliomyelitis", Complementary therapies in medicine, 2015 Dec .
What would happen?
You are not alone. Join our personalized support groups:
- Support group for people who take Coumadin and have Fatigue
- Support group for people who have Fatigue
- Support group for people who take Coumadin
You may be interested in these posts
- I am 37 uears old and have been on gabapentin for over 6 years. I noticed hair loss being the first thing. Then i wemt to the doctor's due to not feeling well found out I have an autoimmune disease (still testing) along with a heart murmur I never had till just recently.
- I had phlebitis, the rheumatologist prescribed Xarelto for 90 days. Now it's been 40 days since I stopped, I began to feel an extreme tiredness, to the point of not being able to even take a shower. I consulted my family doctor and for the time being an important anemia was diagnosed. I'm very...
- I've been diagnosed over a year now...always healthy before that...it is a challenge working full time in my field of counselling with dry mouth and fatique from time to time.
- Hi. I am Dave 67 year old caucasian male on Coumadin for more than 5 years because of 2 DVTs and 1 bilateral PE. I have venous stasis in both lower legs.
- Hi, my husband has chrones, has been on Remicade, Humira, Cimzia, and now on Entyvio for 11/2 yrs. His chrones seems really good, but the chronic fatigue is killing him. Been really tired exhausted for weeks upon weeks after infusion. Seems to ease up right before next one, and on we...
- Celexa and Lucentis drug interaction
- Will you have Excessive Masturbation with Common Peroneal Nerve Dysfunction?
- Will you have Lyme Disease with Hydroxyurea?
- Will you have Tobacco Use with Altace?
- Will you have Hallucinations with Solu-Medrol?
Active Support Groups
- Support group for people who take Celexa and Lucentis
- Support group for people who have Common Peroneal Nerve Dysfunction and Excessive Masturbation?
- Support group for people who take Hydroxyurea and have Lyme Disease?
- Support group for people who take Altace and have Tobacco Use?
- Support group for people who take Solu-Medrol and have Hallucinations?
- I have exactly the same problem and am now using a walker. I am on furosemide and xerallto which I...
- Major muscle weakness since starting furosemide. Now using a walker
- Hello, my name is Dick (Richard). I started taking Furosemide daily about a year ago after I was...
- Hi guys. I am a female living in Byton Bay Australia
- I have psoriatic arthritis and have tried Methotrexate, Razuvo, Otezla, and now Enbrel. Enbrel is...
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.