Coumadin and Fatigue - from FDA reports
Fatigue is found among people who take Coumadin, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Lasix, and have Primary pulmonary hypertension. This review analyzes which people have Fatigue with Coumadin. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 105,023 people who have side effects when taking Coumadin from FDA , and is updated regularly.
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our original studies have been referenced on 400+ peer-reviewed medical publications, including: The Lancet, and Mayo Clinic Proceedings.
105,023 people reported to have side effects when taking Coumadin.
Among them, 6,687 people (6.37%) have Fatigue
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Coumadin when people have Fatigue *:
- < 1 month: 19.86 %
- 1 - 6 months: 36.3 %
- 6 - 12 months: 14.38 %
- 1 - 2 years: 5.48 %
- 2 - 5 years: 15.07 %
- 5 - 10 years: 8.22 %
- 10+ years: 0.68 %
Gender of people who have Fatigue when taking Coumadin *:
- female: 58.96 %
- male: 41.04 %
Age of people who have Fatigue when taking Coumadin *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.09 %
- 10-19: 0.87 %
- 20-29: 1.6 %
- 30-39: 4.26 %
- 40-49: 9.86 %
- 50-59: 18.65 %
- 60+: 64.66 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Primary Pulmonary Hypertension (primary high blood pressure that affects the arteries in the lungs and the right side of your heart): 764 people, 11.43%
- Multiple Myeloma (cancer of the plasma cells): 520 people, 7.78%
- Pulmonary Hypertension (increase in blood pressure in the lung artery): 326 people, 4.88%
- Pain: 291 people, 4.35%
- High Blood Pressure: 270 people, 4.04%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Lasix: 1,483 people, 22.18%
- Zometa: 803 people, 12.01%
- Digoxin: 784 people, 11.72%
- Aspirin: 760 people, 11.37%
- Lipitor: 676 people, 10.11%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Weakness: 1,976 people, 29.55%
- Breathing Difficulty: 1,855 people, 27.74%
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 1,557 people, 23.28%
- Pain: 1,343 people, 20.08%
- Dizziness: 1,293 people, 19.34%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you take Coumadin and have Fatigue?
- Check whether a drug or a condition causes Fatigue
- Predict new side effects and undetected conditions
- Share you experience to help people like you
Coumadin has active ingredients of warfarin sodium. It is often used in blood clots. (latest outcomes from Coumadin 109,191 users)
Fatigue (feeling of tiredness) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis, hepatitis c, high blood pressure, depression (latest reports from 406,378 Fatigue patients).
Drugs that are associated with FatigueFatigue (4,338 drugs)
Could your condition cause FatigueFatigue (5,395 conditions)
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsFatigue and drugs with ingredients of warfarin sodium. (11,299 reports)
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeFatigue and Coumadin from FDA and eHealthMe reports (6,739 reports)
Coumadin side effects
- Coumadin side effects (105,083 reports)
Browse all side effects of Coumadina b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Peel MM, Cooke M, Lewis-Peel HJ, Lea RA, Moyle W, "A randomized controlled trial of coenzyme Q 10 for fatigue in the late-onset sequelae of poliomyelitis", Complementary therapies in medicine, 2015 Dec .
Analysis tools (to study 684 million drug outcomes from FDA)
- Check symptoms - identify the cause of a symptom: from a drug or from a condition?
- Check drugs - find out common side effects or drug interactions of my drugs.
- Compare drugs - compare the side effects and efficacy of multiple drugs side by side.
What would happen?
You are not alone. Join our personalized support groups:
- Support group for people who take Coumadin and have Fatigue
- Support group for people who have Fatigue
- Support group for people who take Coumadin
Can you answer these questions
- So fatigued-feel like this disease has taken away all interests and stolen who I am-anyone else experiencing that? Any suggestions for how you bring pleasure back in your life? Thanks, L
- I've been taking vivitrol for 2 months now and I have extreme fatigue. I can sleep for 16 hours a day. I cant get motivated to do anything. Does this go away?
- Is there any way to resolve Flecainide-caused fatigue without discontinuing the drug?
- I used Coumadin for 12 years my face is red. I also take amiadorone.
- Anybody on this site or I’m a alone!!!!
You may be interested in these posts
- Have been sick for 4 weeks. When will this end?
- Have been on Jardiance for 3 months supposedly as a test because I take metformin. Could not understand what has happened to me as I am fatigued after doing the most minor chores. I am so happy to find this group.
- Seems more than fatigue, I hope for an antidote , I want my life back.
- I just started on finasteride about a month ago. I have been on warafin since 2013 when I was initially diagnosed with bi lateral DVT I am trying to find out if finasteride affects INR
- Is this for real? I have been on Fosamax for a month and take it on Sundays. By the afternoon, I am so exhausted. I thought it was from working too many hours during the week, but this is crazy fatigue.
- Cialis and Livalo drug interaction
- Viagra and Sirolimus drug interaction
- Will you have Hand-Foot-And-Mouth Disease with Turmeric?
- Mefenamic Acid and Xarelto drug interaction
- Will you have Tongue Haematoma with Idiopathic Thrombocytopenic Purpura?
Active Support Groups
- Support group for people who take Cialis and Livalo
- Support group for people who take Viagra and Sirolimus
- Support group for people who take Turmeric and have Hand-Foot-And-Mouth Disease?
- Support group for people who take Mefenamic Acid and Xarelto
- Support group for people who have Idiopathic Thrombocytopenic Purpura and Tongue Haematoma?
- What to expect when you take Cialis and Livalo
- What to expect when you take Viagra and Sirolimus
- What to expect when you take Turmeric and have Hand-Foot-And-Mouth Disease?
- What to expect when you take Mefenamic Acid and Xarelto
- What to expect when you have Idiopathic Thrombocytopenic Purpura and Tongue Haematoma?
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.