Coumadin and Osteonecrosis of jaw - from FDA reports
Osteonecrosis of jaw is found among people who take Coumadin, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for 5 - 10 years, also take medication Zometa, and have Multiple myeloma. This review analyzes which people have Osteonecrosis of jaw with Coumadin. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 105,023 people who have side effects when taking Coumadin from FDA , and is updated regularly.
105,023 people reported to have side effects when taking Coumadin.
Among them, 1,562 people (1.49%) have Osteonecrosis of jaw
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Coumadin when people have Osteonecrosis of jaw *:
- < 1 month: 0.0 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 100 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Osteonecrosis of jaw when taking Coumadin *:
- female: 61.94 %
- male: 38.06 %
Age of people who have Osteonecrosis of jaw when taking Coumadin *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.08 %
- 10-19: 0.5 %
- 20-29: 1.16 %
- 30-39: 1.5 %
- 40-49: 14.48 %
- 50-59: 37.44 %
- 60+: 44.84 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Multiple Myeloma (cancer of the plasma cells): 406 people, 25.99%
- Metastases To Bone (cancer spreads to bone): 238 people, 15.24%
- Breast Cancer: 197 people, 12.61%
- Osteoporosis (bones weak and more likely to break): 169 people, 10.82%
- Depression: 125 people, 8.00%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Zometa: 1,374 people, 87.96%
- Aredia: 1,071 people, 68.57%
- Lasix: 512 people, 32.78%
- Decadron: 454 people, 29.07%
- Prilosec: 441 people, 28.23%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Pain: 1,225 people, 78.43%
- Stress And Anxiety: 1,116 people, 71.45%
- Anaemia (lack of blood): 803 people, 51.41%
- Breathing Difficulty: 761 people, 48.72%
- Osteomyelitis (infection of bone): 747 people, 47.82%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Coumadin and have Osteonecrosis of jaw?
- Check whether a drug or a condition causes Osteonecrosis of jaw
- Predict new side effects and undetected conditions
- Connect with people like you, or share your experience to help people like you
- Print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
- Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Coumadin has active ingredients of warfarin sodium. It is often used in blood clots. (latest outcomes from Coumadin 109,191 users)
Osteonecrosis of jaw
Osteonecrosis of jaw (death of bone of jaw) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, metastases to bone, multiple myeloma, breast cancer, osteopenia (latest reports from 24,543 Osteonecrosis of jaw patients).
Drugs that are associated with Osteonecrosis of jawOsteonecrosis of jaw (1,541 drugs)
Could your condition cause Osteonecrosis of jawOsteonecrosis of jaw (817 conditions)
Coumadin side effects
- Coumadin side effects (105,083 reports)
Browse all side effects of Coumadina b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Henien M, Carey B, Hullah E, Sproat C, Patel V, "methotrexate-associated osteonecrosis of the jaw: A report of two cases", Oral Surgery, Oral Medicine, Oral Pathology and Oral Radiology, 2017 Dec .
What would happen?
You are not alone. Join our personalized support groups:
- Support group for people who take Coumadin and have Osteonecrosis Of Jaw
- Support group for people who have Osteonecrosis Of Jaw
- Support group for people who take Coumadin
Can you answer these questions
- I used Coumadin for 12 years my face is red. I also take amiadorone.
- Anybody on this site or I’m a alone!!!!
- Can Coumadin cause a false decrease in the ESR test? I have Lupus. My ESR was always in the 40s and up until I was put in Coumadin. Now, even though my symptoms have increased profoundly, my ESR remains in normal range.
- can mucinex be taken while on coumadin?
- Female age 68, heart disease and will be on Coumadin for the rest of my life, when I started using Neosporin ointment as prescribed by my dermatologist I got a bad rash and irritation to my skin and my INR blood count has been irregular and I now have scarring on areas where I applied the...
You may be interested in these posts
- I just started on finasteride about a month ago. I have been on warafin since 2013 when I was initially diagnosed with bi lateral DVT I am trying to find out if finasteride affects INR
- My name Is Elisa I had a heart attack in May 2016, I was put on Coumadin before that I have never felt a lump in my breast now I have a sore lump in my right breast, I can feel it good but when I raise my arm up I still can feel it but not as much when I check it without raising my arm. I will...
- is it ok to take hemp oil and warfarin
- Can I hide some redness on my nose and cheeks I have been taking Coumadin for 12 years.Tired of people teasing me
- I have recently started using colloidal silverwith miraculous results however I take Coumadin for factor V Leiden Mutation . I would like to know if anyone other than myself has similar condition or use both items and have INR testing for I have recently found while using both in combination...
- Will you have Dental Caries with Sertraline?
- Will you have Cystic Acne with Cyproheptadine Hydrochloride?
- Will you have Lupoid Hepatitis with Multiple Sclerosis Relapse?
- Will you have Autoimmune Hepatitis with Multiple Sclerosis Relapse?
- Will you have Idiopathic Fibrous Hyperplasia with Tendinitis Of The Heel?
Active Support Groups
- Support group for people who take Sertraline and have Dental Caries?
- Support group for people who take Cyproheptadine Hydrochloride and have Cystic Acne?
- Support group for people who have Multiple Sclerosis Relapse and Lupoid Hepatitis?
- Support group for people who have Multiple Sclerosis Relapse and Autoimmune Hepatitis?
- Support group for people who have Tendinitis Of The Heel and Idiopathic Fibrous Hyperplasia?
- What to expect when you take Sertraline and have Dental Caries?
- What to expect when you take Cyproheptadine Hydrochloride and have Cystic Acne?
- What to expect when you have Multiple Sclerosis Relapse and Lupoid Hepatitis?
- What to expect when you have Multiple Sclerosis Relapse and Autoimmune Hepatitis?
- What to expect when you have Tendinitis Of The Heel and Idiopathic Fibrous Hyperplasia?
- A study for a 76 year old woman who takes Afinitor
- A study for a 69 year old woman who takes Potassium, Calan, Escitalopram, Lexapro, Valsartan
- A study for a 46 year old woman who takes Lasix
- A study for a 36 year old woman who takes Dyazide
- A study for a 22 year old woman who takes Xenical, Lexapro
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.