Coumadin and Osteonecrosis of jaw - from FDA reports
Osteonecrosis of jaw is found among people who take Coumadin, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for 5 - 10 years, also take medication Zometa, and have Multiple myeloma. This study is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 112,498 people who have side effects when taking Coumadin from FDA, and is updated regularly.
How to use this study: bring a copy to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Who is eHealthMe: we are a data analysis company who specializes in health care industry. Our original studies have been referenced on 500+ peer-reviewed medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and EANO. On eHealthMe, you can research drugs and monitor them (see testimonials). If you find eHealthMe useful, please help us to spread the words below or leave us a testimonial.
112,498 people reported to have side effects when taking Coumadin.
Among them, 1,567 people (1.39%) have Osteonecrosis of jaw
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Coumadin when people have Osteonecrosis of jaw *:
- < 1 month: 0.0 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 100 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Osteonecrosis of jaw when taking Coumadin *:
- female: 62 %
- male: 38 %
Age of people who have Osteonecrosis of jaw when taking Coumadin *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.08 %
- 10-19: 0.5 %
- 20-29: 1.16 %
- 30-39: 1.49 %
- 40-49: 14.43 %
- 50-59: 37.4 %
- 60+: 44.94 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Multiple Myeloma (cancer of the plasma cells): 407 people, 25.97%
- Metastases To Bone (cancer spreads to bone): 239 people, 15.25%
- Breast Cancer: 197 people, 12.57%
- Osteoporosis (bones weak and more likely to break): 170 people, 10.85%
- Depression: 125 people, 7.98%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Zometa: 1,374 people, 87.68%
- Aredia: 1,071 people, 68.35%
- Lasix: 512 people, 32.67%
- Decadron: 454 people, 28.97%
- Prilosec: 441 people, 28.14%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Pain: 1,225 people, 78.17%
- Stress And Anxiety: 1,116 people, 71.22%
- Anaemia (lack of blood): 803 people, 51.24%
- Breathing Difficulty: 761 people, 48.56%
- Osteomyelitis (infection of bone): 747 people, 47.67%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
FDA reports used in this study
- Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have Osteonecrosis of jaw while taking Coumadin?
- Check whether a drug or a condition causes Osteonecrosis of jaw
- Subscribe to monitor Osteonecrosis of jaw in Coumadin
You are not alone:
Coumadin has active ingredients of warfarin sodium. It is often used in blood clots. (latest outcomes from Coumadin 116,666 users)
Osteonecrosis of jaw
Osteonecrosis of jaw (death of bone of jaw) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, metastases to bone, multiple myeloma, breast cancer, osteopenia (latest reports from 27,884 Osteonecrosis of jaw patients).
Drugs that are associated with Osteonecrosis of jawOsteonecrosis of jaw (1,565 drugs)
Could your condition cause Osteonecrosis of jawOsteonecrosis of jaw (818 conditions)
Coumadin side effects
- Coumadin side effects (112,558 reports)
Browse all side effects of Coumadina b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Henien M, Carey B, Hullah E, Sproat C, Patel V, "methotrexate-associated osteonecrosis of the jaw: A report of two cases", Oral Surgery, Oral Medicine, Oral Pathology and Oral Radiology, 2017 Dec .
What would happen?
Recent general studies
- Will you have Hyperglycaemia with Accupril? - now
- Will you have High Blood Glucose Level with Accupril? - now
- Will you have High Blood Glucose with Accupril? - now
- Will you have High Blood Sugar with Accupril? - now
- Will you have Early Localized Lyme Infection with Quercus Alba? - now
Recent personal studies
- A study for a 74 year old woman who takes Trazodone Hydrochloride, Oxybutynin, Singulair, Lipitor, Amlodipine, Hctz, Pantoprazole - an hour ago
- A study for a 64 year old woman who takes Keflex - 2 hours ago
- A study for a 65 year old woman who takes Omeprazole - 3 hours ago
- Drug comparison of Xeljanz Xr, Coumadin, Methylprednisolone for a 52 year old woman - 3 hours ago
- A study for a 52 year old man who takes Bystolic, Irbesartan - 3 hours ago
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.