Cozaar and Acne - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Acne is found among people who take Cozaar, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 6 - 12 months.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Cozaar and have Acne. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 41,761 people who have side effects when taking Cozaar from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
41,761 people reported to have side effects when taking Cozaar.
Among them, 50 people (0.12%) have Acne.
What is Cozaar?
Cozaar has active ingredients of losartan potassium. It is often used in high blood pressure. eHealthMe is studying from 43,279 Cozaar users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Acne?
Acne (skin problems that cause pimples) is found to be associated with 2,753 drugs and 2,147 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Cozaar and Acne reports submitted per year:
Time on Cozaar when people have Acne *:
- < 1 month: 0.0 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 100 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Acne when taking Cozaar *:
- female: 50 %
- male: 50 %
Age of people who have Acne when taking Cozaar *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 2.56 %
- 30-39: 10.26 %
- 40-49: 10.26 %
- 50-59: 15.38 %
- 60+: 61.54 %
Common drugs people take besides Cozaar *:
- Amlodipine: 6 people, 12.00%
- Calcium: 6 people, 12.00%
- Lipitor: 5 people, 10.00%
- Sutent: 5 people, 10.00%
- Zocor: 5 people, 10.00%
- Tarceva: 5 people, 10.00%
- Atarax: 5 people, 10.00%
- Lasix: 4 people, 8.00%
- Iressa: 4 people, 8.00%
- Prilosec: 4 people, 8.00%
Common side effects people have besides Acne *:
- Rashes (redness): 13 people, 26.00%
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 12 people, 24.00%
- Diarrhea: 11 people, 22.00%
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 11 people, 22.00%
- Itching: 11 people, 22.00%
- Appetite - Decreased (decreased appetite occurs when you have a reduced desire to eat): 9 people, 18.00%
- Weight Decreased: 8 people, 16.00%
- Pain: 8 people, 16.00%
- Anaemia (lack of blood): 6 people, 12.00%
- Hair Loss: 6 people, 12.00%
Common conditions people have *:
- Lung Neoplasm Malignant (cancer tumour of lung): 5 people, 10.00%
- Multiple Sclerosis (a nervous system disease that affects your brain and spinal cord. it damages the myelin sheath): 5 people, 10.00%
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (a chronic progressive disease causing inflammation in the joints): 3 people, 6.00%
- Blood Glucose Abnormal: 3 people, 6.00%
- High Blood Cholesterol: 3 people, 6.00%
- Lung Cancer Metastatic (lung cancer spreads to other parts): 2 people, 4.00%
- Pain: 2 people, 4.00%
- Neck Pain: 2 people, 4.00%
- Drug Specific Antibody Present: 2 people, 4.00%
- Osteoporosis (bones weak and more likely to break): 2 people, 4.00%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Cozaar and have Acne?Check whether Acne is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Lai SW, Lin HF, Lin CL, Liao KF, "No association between losartan use and acute pancreatitis in hypertensive patients", Eur J Hosp Pharm, 2017 Mar .
How severe was Acne and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of losartan potassium:
- Acne and drugs with ingredients of losartan potassium (280 reports)
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Cozaar:
- Cozaar (43,279 reports)
Common Cozaar side effects:
- High blood pressure: 2,818 reports
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 2,682 reports
- Breathing difficulty: 2,401 reports
- Weakness: 2,349 reports
- Diarrhea: 2,278 reports
- Dizziness: 2,208 reports
Browse all side effects of Cozaar:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Acne treatments and more:
- Acne (164,623 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Acne:
- Acne in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Acne in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Acne in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Acne:
- Adapalene: 37,063 reports
- Green tea: 16,709 reports
- Prednisone: 1,974 reports
- Mirena: 1,856 reports
- Humira: 1,786 reports
- Enbrel: 1,555 reports
- Methotrexate: 1,338 reports
- Vitamins: 1,267 reports
- Xeljanz: 1,138 reports
- Accutane: 1,045 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Acne:
- Acne (2,753 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Acne:
- Birth control: 2,621 reports
- Rheumatoid arthritis: 2,294 reports
- Crohn's disease: 1,440 reports
- Multiple sclerosis: 1,113 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Acne:
- Acne (2,147 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on losartan potassium (the active ingredients of Cozaar) and Cozaar (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Amlodipine Besylate and Therapeutic Response Unexpected - 2 seconds ago
- Pristiq and Hallucinations - 13 seconds ago
- Stable Angina and Toxic Skin Eruption - 30 seconds ago
- Chlorpromazine Hydrochloride vs. Nortriptyline Hydrochloride - 48 seconds ago
- Betapace Af and Bleeding Disorders - 50 seconds ago
- Calan vs. Metolazone - 59 seconds ago
- Betapace Af and Ventricular Fibrillation - 59 seconds ago
- Armour Thyroid and Mitral Valve Incompetence - a minute ago
- Armour Thyroid and Maculopathy - a minute ago
- Armour Thyroid and Haemorrhoids - a minute ago