Cozaar and Dupuytren's contracture - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Dupuytren's contracture is reported only by a few people who take Cozaar.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Cozaar and have Dupuytren's contracture. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 41,761 people who have side effects while taking Cozaar from the FDA, and is updated regularly.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
41,761 people reported to have side effects when taking Cozaar.
Among them, 2 people (0.0%) have Dupuytren's contracture.
What is Cozaar?
Cozaar has active ingredients of losartan potassium. It is often used in high blood pressure. eHealthMe is studying from 42,226 Cozaar users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Dupuytren's contracture?
Dupuytren's contracture (thickening of the fibrous tissue layer underneath the skin of the palm and fingers) is found to be associated with 445 drugs and 208 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Cozaar and Dupuytren's contracture reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Dupuytren's contracture when taking Cozaar *:
- female: 100 %
- male: 0.0 %
Age of people who have Dupuytren's contracture when taking Cozaar *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 100 %
Common drugs people take besides Cozaar *:
- Zantac: 1 person, 50.00%
- Vioxx: 1 person, 50.00%
- Prempro: 1 person, 50.00%
- Metoprolol Tartrate: 1 person, 50.00%
- Lipitor: 1 person, 50.00%
- Coreg: 1 person, 50.00%
- Colace: 1 person, 50.00%
- Claritin: 1 person, 50.00%
- Arimidex: 1 person, 50.00%
- Aleve: 1 person, 50.00%
Common side effects people have besides Dupuytren's contracture *:
- Vitiligo (pigment is lost from areas of the skin): 1 person, 50.00%
- Coronary Heart Disease (narrowing or blockage of the coronary arteries): 1 person, 50.00%
- Hair Loss: 1 person, 50.00%
- Gait Disturbance: 1 person, 50.00%
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 1 person, 50.00%
- Fainting (loss of consciousness and postural tone): 1 person, 50.00%
- Ejection Fraction Decreased (systolic heart failure): 1 person, 50.00%
- Dizziness: 1 person, 50.00%
- Diastolic Dysfunction: 1 person, 50.00%
- Depression: 1 person, 50.00%
Common conditions people have *:
- Breast Cancer: 1 person, 50.00%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Cozaar and have Dupuytren's contracture?Check whether Dupuytren's contracture is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Lai SW, Lin HF, Lin CL, Liao KF, "No association between losartan use and acute pancreatitis in hypertensive patients", Eur J Hosp Pharm, 2017 Mar .
How severe was Dupuytren's contracture and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of losartan potassium:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Cozaar:
- Cozaar (42,226 reports)
Common Cozaar side effects:
Browse all side effects of Cozaar:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Dupuytren's contracture treatments and more:
- Dupuytren's contracture (2,031 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Dupuytren's contracture:
- Dupuytren's contracture in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Dupuytren's contracture in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Dupuytren's contracture in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Dupuytren's contracture:
- Xiaflex: 137 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Dupuytren's contracture:
- Dupuytren's contracture (445 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Dupuytren's contracture:
- Ra: 104 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Dupuytren's contracture:
- Dupuytren's contracture (208 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on losartan potassium (the active ingredients of Cozaar) and Cozaar (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Ditropan Xl and Enlarged Heart - 6 seconds ago
- Trileptal and Eczema - 15 seconds ago
- Trileptal and Dermatitis - Atopic - 15 seconds ago
- Byetta and Normochromic Normocytic Anaemia - 25 seconds ago
- Dostinex and Lymph Follicular Hypertrophy - 29 seconds ago
- Indocin and Oral Candidiasis - 43 seconds ago
- Lopurin and Formication - 46 seconds ago
- Northera and Provigil drug interaction - 53 seconds ago
- Hysterectomy and Injection Site Reaction - 54 seconds ago
- Limbitrol and Rales - 57 seconds ago