Cozaar and Mania aggravated - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
We study 42,942 people who have side effects when taking Cozaar. Mania aggravated is found, especially among people who are male, 50-59 old, also take Depakote and have Bipolar disorder.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Cozaar and have Mania aggravated. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You may use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 700+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
42,942 people reported to have side effects when taking Cozaar.
Among them, 51 people (0.12%) have Mania aggravated.
What is Cozaar?
Cozaar has active ingredients of losartan potassium. It is used in high blood pressure. Currently, eHealthMe is studying from 44,472 Cozaar users.
What is Mania aggravated?
Mania aggravated (worse irritable mood) is found to be associated with 1,064 drugs and 338 conditions by eHealthMe. Currently, we are studying 161 people who have Mania aggravated.
Number of Cozaar and Mania aggravated reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Mania aggravated when taking Cozaar *:
- female: 47.06 %
- male: 52.94 %
Age of people who have Mania aggravated when taking Cozaar *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 2.38 %
- 30-39: 2.38 %
- 40-49: 19.05 %
- 50-59: 47.62 %
- 60+: 28.57 %
Common drugs people take besides Cozaar *:
- Depakote: 11 people, 21.57%
- Risperdal: 10 people, 19.61%
- Zyprexa: 9 people, 17.65%
- Ibuprofen: 9 people, 17.65%
- Lipitor: 9 people, 17.65%
- Lunesta: 8 people, 15.69%
- Haldol: 8 people, 15.69%
- Cymbalta: 8 people, 15.69%
- Simvastatin: 8 people, 15.69%
- Restoril: 7 people, 13.73%
Common side effects people have besides Mania aggravated *:
- Agitation (state of anxiety or nervous excitement): 18 people, 35.29%
- Drowsiness: 16 people, 31.37%
- Weakness: 15 people, 29.41%
- Confusion: 15 people, 29.41%
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 13 people, 25.49%
- Memory Loss: 13 people, 25.49%
- Stress And Anxiety: 13 people, 25.49%
- Insomnia (sleeplessness): 13 people, 25.49%
- Headache (pain in head): 13 people, 25.49%
- Tremor (trembling or shaking movements in one or more parts of your body): 12 people, 23.53%
Common conditions people have *:
- Bipolar Disorder (mood disorder): 14 people, 27.45%
- High Blood Cholesterol: 8 people, 15.69%
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (a condition in which stomach contents leak backward from the stomach into the oesophagus): 5 people, 9.80%
- Gout (uric acid crystals building up in the body): 5 people, 9.80%
- Schizophrenia (a mental disorder characterized by a breakdown of thought processes): 5 people, 9.80%
- Asthma: 5 people, 9.80%
- Headache (pain in head): 5 people, 9.80%
- Bipolar I Disorder (mood disorder that is characterized by at least one manic or mixed episode): 3 people, 5.88%
- Depression: 3 people, 5.88%
- Hypothyroidism (abnormally low activity of the thyroid gland, resulting in retardation of growth and mental development): 3 people, 5.88%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Cozaar and have Mania aggravated?Check whether Mania aggravated is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Lai SW, Lin HF, Lin CL, Liao KF, "No association between losartan use and acute pancreatitis in hypertensive patients", Eur J Hosp Pharm, 2017 Mar .
Cozaar side effects by duration, gender and age:
- Cozaar side effects (44,472 reports)
Mania aggravated treatments and more:
- Mania aggravated (161 reports)
Common drugs associated with Mania aggravated:
- Seroquel: 1,385 reports
- Abilify: 1,364 reports
- Lamictal: 913 reports
- Zyprexa: 900 reports
- Depakote: 863 reports
- Paxil: 733 reports
- Olanzapine: 732 reports
- Loraz: 693 reports
- Lorazepam: 645 reports
- Effexor: 640 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Mania aggravated:
- Mania aggravated (1,064 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Mania aggravated:
- Bipolar disorder: 2,521 reports
- Depression: 2,239 reports
- Stress and anxiety: 728 reports
- Bipolar i disorder: 663 reports
- Pain: 481 reports
- Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder: 480 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Mania aggravated:
- Mania aggravated (338 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on losartan potassium (the active ingredients of Cozaar) and Cozaar (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 700+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Bydureon and Sustiva drug interaction - 9 seconds ago
- Etodolac and Eplerenone drug interaction - 13 seconds ago
- Nitrol and Xgeva drug interaction - 15 seconds ago
- Uroxatral and Hyperparathyroidism Secondary - 17 seconds ago
- Cubicin and Etomidate drug interaction - 26 seconds ago
- Descovy and Zolpidem drug interaction - 27 seconds ago
- Tylenol and Wixela Inhub drug interaction - 28 seconds ago
- Losartan Potassium and Humulin R drug interaction - 49 seconds ago
- Voriconazole and Human Herpesvirus 6 Infection - 50 seconds ago
- Ranitidine Hydrochloride and High Blood Cholesterol - 51 seconds ago