Creatine and Dementia - from FDA reports
Dementia is reported only by a few people who take Creatine. We study 256 people who have side effects while taking Creatine from FDA. Among them, 1 have Dementia. Find out below who they are, when they have Dementia and more.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Nov, 29, 2017
256 people reported to have side effects when taking Creatine.
Among them, 1 person (0.39%) has Dementia
Number of reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Dementia when taking Creatine *:
- female: 0.0 %
- male: 100 %
Age of people who have Dementia when taking Creatine *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 100 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Sedation (1 person, 100.00%)
- Huntington's Disease (1 person, 100.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Xenazine (1 person, 100.00%)
- Valium (1 person, 100.00%)
- Mirtazapine (1 person, 100.00%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Weight Decreased (1 person, 100.00%)
- Stroke (1 person, 100.00%)
- Neoplasm Malignant (1 person, 100.00%)
- Diarrhea Haemorrhagic (1 person, 100.00%)
- Dehydration (1 person, 100.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have Dementia when taking Creatine?
- Check symptoms - is dementia caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsDementia and drugs with ingredients of creatine.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeDementia and Creatine from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Creatine has active ingredients of creatine. It is often used in muscle mass. (latest outcomes from Creatine 370 users)
Dementia (madness) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, high blood pressure, multiple sclerosis, depression, rheumatoid arthritis (latest reports from 20,158 Dementia patients).
Browse all side effects of Creatinea b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with DementiaDementia
Could your condition cause DementiaDementia
What would happen?
Questions to the study
I'd be very grateful if anyone could help me find explanations / descriptions / summaries of overstimulating sensory effects in the frontotemporal dementia patient. I've been researching online but have seen nothing pertaining to FTD, though there are numerous examples of flooding in ADHD and ...
My husband is in the early stages of what is probably Lewy Body Dementia (he has had REM sleep disorder for several years and is starting to show Parkinsonian type muscle tremors, trouble swallowing, etc.). There are interesting studies out there about the potential mitigative impacts of ...