Cresemba and Seizures - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
We study 2,347 people who have side effects when taking Cresemba. Seizures is found, especially among people who are female, 10-19 old, also take Lovenox and have Deep venous thrombosis.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Cresemba and have Seizures. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You may use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 700+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
2,347 people reported to have side effects when taking Cresemba.
Among them, 10 people (0.43%) have Seizures.
What is Cresemba?
Cresemba has active ingredients of isavuconazonium sulfate. Currently, eHealthMe is studying from 2,106 Cresemba users.
What is Seizures?
Seizures (abnormal excessive or synchronous neuronal activity in the brain) is found to be associated with 2,994 drugs and 2,169 conditions by eHealthMe. Currently, we are studying 138,499 people who have Seizures.
Number of Cresemba and Seizures reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Seizures when taking Cresemba *:
- female: 55.56 %
- male: 44.44 %
Age of people who have Seizures when taking Cresemba *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 62.5 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 12.5 %
- 60+: 25.0 %
Common drugs people take besides Cresemba *:
- Lovenox: 4 people, 40.00%
- Amlodipine: 3 people, 30.00%
- Aygestin: 3 people, 30.00%
- Morphine: 3 people, 30.00%
- Miralax: 2 people, 20.00%
- Noxafil: 2 people, 20.00%
- Bactrim: 2 people, 20.00%
- Cefazolin: 2 people, 20.00%
- Flagyl: 2 people, 20.00%
- Insulin: 2 people, 20.00%
Common side effects people have besides Seizures *:
- Bacteraemia (presence of bacteria in the blood): 5 people, 50.00%
- Meningitis (inflammation of the protective membranes covering the brain and spinal cord, known collectively as the meninges): 3 people, 30.00%
- Neutrophil Count Decreased (less than normal number of neutrophil a type of blood cell): 3 people, 30.00%
- Urinary Incontinence (inability to control the flow of urine and involuntary urination): 2 people, 20.00%
- Cough: 2 people, 20.00%
- Hepatomegaly (abnormal enlargement of the liver): 2 people, 20.00%
- Haematuria (presence of blood in urine): 2 people, 20.00%
- Fever: 2 people, 20.00%
- Febrile Neutropenia (fever with reduced white blood cells): 2 people, 20.00%
- Facial Paralysis (loss of function of face muscle): 2 people, 20.00%
Common conditions people have *:
- Recurrent Cancer (repeated cancer): 3 people, 30.00%
- Diabetes: 3 people, 30.00%
- Deep Venous Thrombosis (blood clot in a major vein that usually develops in the legs and/or pelvis): 3 people, 30.00%
- Menstruation Irregular: 2 people, 20.00%
- High Blood Pressure: 2 people, 20.00%
- Bronchopulmonary Aspergillosis (lung disorder caused by aspergillus fungi): 2 people, 20.00%
- Acute Lymphocytic Leukaemia Recurrent (cancer in which the bone marrow makes too many lymphocytes-recurrent): 2 people, 20.00%
- Thyroid Diseases: 1 person, 10.00%
- Refractory Cancer (cancer that has not responded to treatment): 1 person, 10.00%
- Prostate Cancer: 1 person, 10.00%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Cresemba and have Seizures?Check whether Seizures is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Cresemba side effects by duration, gender and age:
- Cresemba side effects (2,106 reports)
Seizures treatments and more:
- Seizures (138,499 reports)
Common drugs associated with Seizures:
- Levetiracetam: 7,432 reports
- Keppra: 6,563 reports
- Epidiolex: 4,121 reports
- Lamotrigine: 3,463 reports
- Vimpat: 3,176 reports
- Lacosamide: 2,879 reports
- Humira: 2,628 reports
- Aspirin: 2,575 reports
- Lamictal: 2,547 reports
- Gabapentin: 2,503 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Seizures:
- Seizures (2,994 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Seizures:
- Epilepsy: 10,440 reports
- Multiple sclerosis: 6,059 reports
- Pain: 2,696 reports
- Depression: 2,604 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Seizures:
- Seizures (2,169 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on isavuconazonium sulfate (the active ingredients of Cresemba) and Cresemba (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 700+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Terazosin Hydrochloride and Hydrochlorothiazide drug interaction - 10 seconds ago
- Marijuana and Zyprexa drug interaction - a minute ago
- Faslodex and Zometa drug interaction - a minute ago
- Nebivolol Hydrochloride and Pain - a minute ago
- Viibryd and Methotrexate drug interaction - a minute ago
- Lamictal and Flurbiprofen drug interaction - a minute ago
- Mercaptopurine and Crohn'S Disease - 2 minutes ago
- Rosuvastatin Calcium and Mevacor drug interaction - 2 minutes ago
- Desyrel and Ear Discomfort - 2 minutes ago
- Xifaxan and Sudafed 24 Hour drug interaction - 3 minutes ago