Crestor and Secondary hypertension - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Secondary hypertension is reported only by a few people who take Crestor.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Crestor and have Secondary hypertension. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 134,298 people who have side effects while taking Crestor from the FDA, and is updated regularly.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
134,298 people reported to have side effects when taking Crestor.
Among them, 4 people (0.0%) have Secondary hypertension.
What is Crestor?
Crestor has active ingredients of rosuvastatin calcium. It is often used in high blood cholesterol. eHealthMe is studying from 140,243 Crestor users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Secondary hypertension?
Secondary hypertension (elevated blood pressure that results from an underlying, identifiable, often correctable cause) is found to be associated with 241 drugs and 99 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Crestor and Secondary hypertension reports submitted per year:
Time on Crestor when people have Secondary hypertension *:
- < 1 month: 0.0 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 100 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Secondary hypertension when taking Crestor *:
- female: 50 %
- male: 50 %
Age of people who have Secondary hypertension when taking Crestor *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 25 %
- 50-59: 25 %
- 60+: 50 %
Common drugs people take besides Crestor *:
- Diovan: 2 people, 50.00%
- Zyloprim: 1 person, 25.00%
- Zantac: 1 person, 25.00%
- Asa: 1 person, 25.00%
- Aspirin: 1 person, 25.00%
- Benicar: 1 person, 25.00%
- Calcium: 1 person, 25.00%
- Carafate: 1 person, 25.00%
- Cozaar: 1 person, 25.00%
- Cymbalta: 1 person, 25.00%
Common side effects people have besides Secondary hypertension *:
- Stress And Anxiety: 1 person, 25.00%
- Stable Angina (a constant chest pain): 1 person, 25.00%
- Inappropriate Antidiuretic Hormone Secretion: 1 person, 25.00%
- Hypotension (abnormally low blood pressure): 1 person, 25.00%
- Heart Disease: 1 person, 25.00%
- Heart Attack: 1 person, 25.00%
- Dyslipidaemia (abnormal amount of lipids): 1 person, 25.00%
- Diabetes: 1 person, 25.00%
- Depression: 1 person, 25.00%
- Cardiac Enzymes Increased: 1 person, 25.00%
Common conditions people have *:
- High Blood Pressure: 2 people, 50.00%
- Type 2 Diabetes: 1 person, 25.00%
- Insomnia (sleeplessness): 1 person, 25.00%
- Infection: 1 person, 25.00%
- Depression: 1 person, 25.00%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Crestor and have Secondary hypertension?Check whether Secondary hypertension is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Secondary hypertension and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of rosuvastatin calcium:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Crestor:
- Crestor (140,243 reports)
Common Crestor side effects:
Browse all side effects of Crestor:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Secondary hypertension treatments and more:
- Secondary hypertension (480 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Secondary hypertension:
- Secondary hypertension in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Secondary hypertension in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Secondary hypertension in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
All the drugs that are associated with Secondary hypertension:
- Secondary hypertension (241 drugs)
All the conditions that are associated with Secondary hypertension:
- Secondary hypertension (99 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on rosuvastatin calcium (the active ingredients of Crestor) and Crestor (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Buscopan and Depression Aggravated - a second ago
- Constipation in Lipoic Acid, how severe and when it was recovered? - 7 seconds ago
- Niaspan and Splenomegaly - 13 seconds ago
- Zevalin and Fall - 18 seconds ago
- Atenolol and Abdominal Tenderness - 25 seconds ago
- Labetalol Hydrocloride vs. Lovastatin - 31 seconds ago
- Exemestane and Glyburide drug interaction - 39 seconds ago
- Calcium Carbonate and Indapamide drug interaction - 39 seconds ago
- Mitoxantrone and Electrocardiogram Abnormal - 45 seconds ago
- Flomax and Effient drug interaction - 47 seconds ago