Cymbalta and Dupuytren's contracture - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Dupuytren's contracture is reported only by a few people who take Cymbalta.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Cymbalta and have Dupuytren's contracture. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 130,189 people who have side effects while taking Cymbalta from the FDA, and is updated regularly.
With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe enables everyone to run phase IV clinical trial to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor effectiveness. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ peer-reviewed medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Most recently, phase IV clinial trails for COVID 19 vaccines have been added, check here.
130,189 people reported to have side effects when taking Cymbalta.
Among them, 4 people (0.0%) have Dupuytren's contracture.
What is Cymbalta?
Cymbalta has active ingredients of duloxetine hydrochloride. It is often used in depression. eHealthMe is studying from 139,229 Cymbalta users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Dupuytren's contracture?
Dupuytren's contracture (thickening of the fibrous tissue layer underneath the skin of the palm and fingers) is found to be associated with 429 drugs and 186 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Cymbalta and Dupuytren's contracture reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Dupuytren's contracture when taking Cymbalta *:
- female: 75 %
- male: 25 %
Age of people who have Dupuytren's contracture when taking Cymbalta *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 50 %
- 50-59: 50 %
- 60+: 0.0 %
Common drugs people take besides Cymbalta *:
- Humira: 2 people, 50.00%
- Topamax: 1 person, 25.00%
- Nexium: 1 person, 25.00%
- Methotrexate: 1 person, 25.00%
- Lyrica: 1 person, 25.00%
- Leucovorin Calcium: 1 person, 25.00%
- Gilenya: 1 person, 25.00%
- Enbrel: 1 person, 25.00%
- Depo-Provera: 1 person, 25.00%
- Crestor: 1 person, 25.00%
Common side effects people have besides Dupuytren's contracture *:
- Joint Swelling: 2 people, 50.00%
- Oedema Peripheral (superficial swelling): 2 people, 50.00%
- Drowsiness: 1 person, 25.00%
- Joint Pain: 1 person, 25.00%
- Injection Site Pain: 1 person, 25.00%
- Hepatic Enzyme Abnormal: 1 person, 25.00%
- Headache (pain in head): 1 person, 25.00%
- Full Blood Count Abnormal: 1 person, 25.00%
- Eye Pain: 1 person, 25.00%
- Dry Eyes (lack of adequate tears): 1 person, 25.00%
Common conditions people have *:
- Pain: 2 people, 50.00%
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (a chronic progressive disease causing inflammation in the joints): 1 person, 25.00%
- Psoriatic Arthropathy (inflammation of the skin and joints with kin condition which typically causes patches (plaques) of red, scaly skin to develop): 1 person, 25.00%
- Neuralgia (pain in one or more nerves): 1 person, 25.00%
- Multiple Sclerosis (a nervous system disease that affects your brain and spinal cord. it damages the myelin sheath): 1 person, 25.00%
- High Blood Pressure: 1 person, 25.00%
- High Blood Cholesterol: 1 person, 25.00%
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (a condition in which stomach contents leak backward from the stomach into the oesophagus): 1 person, 25.00%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Cymbalta and have Dupuytren's contracture?Check whether Dupuytren's contracture is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Cymbalta:
- Cymbalta (139,229 reports)
Dupuytren's contracture treatments and more:
- Dupuytren's contracture (2,023 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Dupuytren's contracture:
- Dupuytren's contracture in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Dupuytren's contracture in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Dupuytren's contracture in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
How severe was Dupuytren's contracture and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of duloxetine hydrochloride:
Common drugs associated with Dupuytren's contracture:
- Xiaflex: 137 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Dupuytren's contracture:
- Dupuytren's contracture (429 drugs)
All the conditions that are associated with Dupuytren's contracture:
- Dupuytren's contracture (186 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on duloxetine hydrochloride (the active ingredients of Cymbalta) and Cymbalta (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ peer-reviewed medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.