Who have Avascular necrosis with Cytoxan - from FDA reports
Avascular necrosis is found among people who take Cytoxan, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old , have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Zometa, and have Metastases to bone. This study is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 12,365 people who have side effects when taking Cytoxan from FDA, and is updated regularly.
How to use this study: bring a copy to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Peer to Peer mobile support
Peer support for this study is available on our Ginger Health app. It's free, anonymous and secure. The app is ideal for people taking multiple medications or having multiple conditions.
12,365 people reported to have side effects when taking Cytoxan.
Among them, 511 people (4.13%) have Avascular necrosis
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Cytoxan when people have Avascular necrosis *:
- < 1 month: 12.5 %
- 1 - 6 months: 74.17 %
- 6 - 12 months: 8.33 %
- 1 - 2 years: 3.33 %
- 2 - 5 years: 1.67 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Avascular necrosis when taking Cytoxan *:
- female: 76.41 %
- male: 23.59 %
Age of people who have Avascular necrosis when taking Cytoxan *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.64 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 4.5 %
- 40-49: 29.12 %
- 50-59: 38.97 %
- 60+: 26.77 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Metastases To Bone (cancer spreads to bone): 132 people, 25.83%
- Pain: 71 people, 13.89%
- Breast Cancer Metastatic: 65 people, 12.72%
- Depression: 48 people, 9.39%
- Osteoporosis (bones weak and more likely to break): 45 people, 8.81%
- Anaemia (lack of blood): 34 people, 6.65%
- Stress And Anxiety: 32 people, 6.26%
- Chemotherapy: 28 people, 5.48%
- Preventive Health Care: 24 people, 4.70%
- High Blood Pressure: 24 people, 4.70%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Zometa: 436 people, 85.32%
- Aredia: 343 people, 67.12%
- Adriamycin Pfs: 202 people, 39.53%
- Decadron: 136 people, 26.61%
- Prilosec: 128 people, 25.05%
- Prednisone: 127 people, 24.85%
- Dexamethasone: 119 people, 23.29%
- Arimidex: 114 people, 22.31%
- Oxycontin: 114 people, 22.31%
- Taxotere: 107 people, 20.94%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Tooth Extraction: 313 people, 61.25%
- Bone Disorder: 305 people, 59.69%
- Pain: 292 people, 57.14%
- Stress And Anxiety: 225 people, 44.03%
- Osteomyelitis (infection of bone): 200 people, 39.14%
- Pain In Jaw: 187 people, 36.59%
- Injury: 186 people, 36.40%
- Infection: 152 people, 29.75%
- Anaemia (lack of blood): 148 people, 28.96%
- Impaired Healing: 135 people, 26.42%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you have Avascular necrosis while taking Cytoxan?
- Check whether a drug or a condition causes Avascular necrosis
- Subscribe to monitor Avascular necrosis in Cytoxan
You are not alone:
- Connect with people like you who take Cytoxan and have Avascular necrosis
- Use your healthcare experience to help people like you, and be rewarded
Cytoxan has active ingredients of cyclophosphamide. It is often used in breast cancer. (latest outcomes from Cytoxan 12,520 users)
Avascular necrosis (death of bone tissue due to a lack of blood supply) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, metastases to bone, multiple myeloma, breast cancer, osteopenia (latest reports from 33,902 Avascular necrosis patients).
Drugs that are associated with Avascular necrosisAvascular necrosis (1,755 drugs)
Could your condition cause Avascular necrosisAvascular necrosis (1,248 conditions)
Cytoxan side effects
- Cytoxan side effects (12,390 reports)
Browse by gender and age
Browse all side effects of Cytoxana b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Compare Cytoxan to similar drugs:
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Hu P, Lu L, Hu B, Deng F, Fei WJ, "Cyclophosphamide‐Induced Hypertensive Encephalopathy in a Young Girl With Lupus", The Journal of Clinical Hypertension, 2012 Apr .
What would happen?
FDA reports used in this study
- Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Recent general studies
- Rabeprazole and Quinine Sulfate drug interaction - now
- Percocet and Tamsulosin drug interaction - now
- Will you have Bell'S Palsy with Restasis? - 2 seconds ago
- Will you have Progressive Bulbar Palsy with Prednisone? - 2 seconds ago
- Will you have Arrhythmias with Pro-Banthine? - 4 seconds ago
- Will you have Tachycardia with Pro-Banthine? - 4 seconds ago
- Will you have Dysrhythmias with Pro-Banthine? - 5 seconds ago
- Will you have Abnormal Heart Rhythms with Pro-Banthine? - 5 seconds ago
- Will you have Arrhythmia with Pro-Banthine? - 5 seconds ago
- Will you have Breathing Difficulty with Sodium Selenite? - 6 seconds ago
Recent personal studies
- A study for a 66 year old woman who takes Humira, Candex, Plaquenil - 36 minutes ago
- A study for a 35 year old man who takes Xolair - 59 minutes ago
- Prediction of Requip, Tramadol for a 56 year old man - 2 hours ago
- A study for a 64 year old man who takes Plavix, Lipitor, Aspirin - 2 hours ago
- A study for a 64 year old man who takes Plavix, Lipitor, Folate - 2 hours ago
- A study for a 64 year old man who takes Plavix, Lipitor, Turmeric, Glucosamine, Folate - 2 hours ago
- A study for a 75 year old woman who takes Prolia, Exemestane - 3 hours ago
- A study for a 47 year old woman who takes Gabapentin - 3 hours ago
- A study for a 70 year old man who takes Diclofenac Potassium - 3 hours ago
- A study for a 50 year old man who takes Aleve, Prozac - 5 hours ago
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.