Who have Osteonecrosis with Cytoxan - from FDA reports
Osteonecrosis is found among people who take Cytoxan, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old , have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Zometa, and have Metastases to bone. This study is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 12,365 people who have side effects when taking Cytoxan from FDA, and is updated regularly.
How to use this study: bring a copy to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Peer to Peer mobile support
Peer support for this study is available on our Ginger Health app. It's free, anonymous and secure. The app is ideal for people taking multiple medications or having multiple conditions.
12,365 people reported to have side effects when taking Cytoxan.
Among them, 511 people (4.13%) have Osteonecrosis
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Cytoxan when people have Osteonecrosis *:
- < 1 month: 12.5 %
- 1 - 6 months: 74.17 %
- 6 - 12 months: 8.33 %
- 1 - 2 years: 3.33 %
- 2 - 5 years: 1.67 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Osteonecrosis when taking Cytoxan *:
- female: 76.41 %
- male: 23.59 %
Age of people who have Osteonecrosis when taking Cytoxan *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.64 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 4.5 %
- 40-49: 29.12 %
- 50-59: 38.97 %
- 60+: 26.77 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Metastases To Bone (cancer spreads to bone): 132 people, 25.83%
- Pain: 71 people, 13.89%
- Breast Cancer Metastatic: 65 people, 12.72%
- Depression: 48 people, 9.39%
- Osteoporosis (bones weak and more likely to break): 45 people, 8.81%
- Anaemia (lack of blood): 34 people, 6.65%
- Stress And Anxiety: 32 people, 6.26%
- Chemotherapy: 28 people, 5.48%
- Preventive Health Care: 24 people, 4.70%
- High Blood Pressure: 24 people, 4.70%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Zometa: 436 people, 85.32%
- Aredia: 343 people, 67.12%
- Adriamycin Pfs: 202 people, 39.53%
- Decadron: 136 people, 26.61%
- Prilosec: 128 people, 25.05%
- Prednisone: 127 people, 24.85%
- Dexamethasone: 119 people, 23.29%
- Arimidex: 114 people, 22.31%
- Oxycontin: 114 people, 22.31%
- Taxotere: 107 people, 20.94%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Tooth Extraction: 313 people, 61.25%
- Bone Disorder: 305 people, 59.69%
- Pain: 292 people, 57.14%
- Stress And Anxiety: 225 people, 44.03%
- Osteomyelitis (infection of bone): 200 people, 39.14%
- Pain In Jaw: 187 people, 36.59%
- Injury: 186 people, 36.40%
- Infection: 152 people, 29.75%
- Anaemia (lack of blood): 148 people, 28.96%
- Impaired Healing: 135 people, 26.42%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you have Osteonecrosis while taking Cytoxan?
- Check whether a drug or a condition causes Osteonecrosis
- Subscribe to monitor Osteonecrosis in Cytoxan
You are not alone:
- Connect with people like you who take Cytoxan and have Osteonecrosis
- Use your healthcare experience to help people like you, and be rewarded
Cytoxan has active ingredients of cyclophosphamide. It is often used in breast cancer. (latest outcomes from Cytoxan 12,520 users)
Osteonecrosis (death of bone) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, metastases to bone, multiple myeloma, breast cancer, osteopenia (latest reports from 33,902 Osteonecrosis patients).
Drugs that are associated with OsteonecrosisOsteonecrosis (1,741 drugs)
Could your condition cause OsteonecrosisOsteonecrosis (1,236 conditions)
Cytoxan side effects
- Cytoxan side effects (12,390 reports)
Browse by gender and age
Browse all side effects of Cytoxana b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Compare Cytoxan to similar drugs:
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Hu P, Lu L, Hu B, Deng F, Fei WJ, "Cyclophosphamide‐Induced Hypertensive Encephalopathy in a Young Girl With Lupus", The Journal of Clinical Hypertension, 2012 Apr .
What would happen?
FDA reports used in this study
- Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Recent general studies
- Will you have Abdominal Mass with Multaq? - now
- Eliquis and Caley Pea drug interaction - a second ago
- Will you have Gall Bladder Oedema with Vicodin Es? - 2 seconds ago
- Rizatriptan Benzoate and Omega-3 drug interaction - 2 seconds ago
- Will you have Vaccine Exposure During Pregnancy with Tecfidera? - 3 seconds ago
- Multaq and Cade Essential Oil drug interaction - 3 seconds ago
- Bisoprolol Fumarate and Clarithromycin drug interaction - 4 seconds ago
- Will you have Ulcer - Mouth with Lipitor? - 5 seconds ago
- Will you have Stomatitis - Ulcerative with Lipitor? - 5 seconds ago
- Will you have Oral Ulcer with Lipitor? - 5 seconds ago
Recent personal studies
- A study for a 20 year old woman who takes Concerta - 2 hours ago
- A study for a 50 year old woman who takes Lipitor - 3 hours ago
- A study for a 50 year old woman who takes Spiriva Respimat, Prednisone - 3 hours ago
- A study for a 71 year old woman who takes Cymbalta, Lyrica - 3 hours ago
- A study for a 1 year old girl who takes Roxicodone - 4 hours ago
- A study for a 26 year old man who takes Ambien, Tagamet - 4 hours ago
- A study for a 22 year old woman who takes Vitamin B6 - 4 hours ago
- A study for a 24 year old woman who takes Vyvanse, Naltrexone Hydrochloride, Trileptal, Rozerem, Kyleena, Latuda, Lamictal - 5 hours ago
- A study for a 66 year old man who takes Alfuzosin Hydrochloride - 5 hours ago
- A study for a 70 year old man who takes Bayer Low Dose Aspirin (81mg Aspirin), Simvastatin, Carvedilol - 6 hours ago
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.