Who have Osteonecrosis with Cytoxan - from FDA reports
Osteonecrosis is found among people who take Cytoxan, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old , have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Zometa, and have Metastases to bone. This study is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 11,470 people who have side effects when taking Cytoxan from FDA, and is updated regularly.
How to use this study: bring a copy to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Who is eHealthMe: we are a data analysis company who specializes in health care industry. Our original studies have been referenced on 500+ peer-reviewed medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and EANO. On eHealthMe, you can research drugs and monitor them (see testimonials). If you find eHealthMe useful, please help us to spread the words below or leave us a testimonial.
11,470 people reported to have side effects when taking Cytoxan.
Among them, 511 people (4.46%) have Osteonecrosis
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Cytoxan when people have Osteonecrosis *:
- < 1 month: 12.5 %
- 1 - 6 months: 74.17 %
- 6 - 12 months: 8.33 %
- 1 - 2 years: 3.33 %
- 2 - 5 years: 1.67 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Osteonecrosis when taking Cytoxan *:
- female: 76.41 %
- male: 23.59 %
Age of people who have Osteonecrosis when taking Cytoxan *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.64 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 4.5 %
- 40-49: 29.12 %
- 50-59: 38.97 %
- 60+: 26.77 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Metastases To Bone (cancer spreads to bone): 132 people, 25.83%
- Pain: 71 people, 13.89%
- Breast Cancer Metastatic: 65 people, 12.72%
- Depression: 48 people, 9.39%
- Osteoporosis (bones weak and more likely to break): 45 people, 8.81%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Zometa: 436 people, 85.32%
- Aredia: 343 people, 67.12%
- Adriamycin Pfs: 202 people, 39.53%
- Decadron: 136 people, 26.61%
- Prilosec: 128 people, 25.05%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Tooth Extraction: 313 people, 61.25%
- Bone Disorder: 305 people, 59.69%
- Pain: 292 people, 57.14%
- Stress And Anxiety: 225 people, 44.03%
- Osteomyelitis (infection of bone): 200 people, 39.14%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
FDA reports used in this study
- Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have Osteonecrosis while taking Cytoxan?
- Check whether a drug or a condition causes Osteonecrosis
- Subscribe to monitor Osteonecrosis in Cytoxan
You are not alone:
Cytoxan has active ingredients of cyclophosphamide. It is often used in breast cancer. (latest outcomes from Cytoxan 11,625 users)
Osteonecrosis (death of bone) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, metastases to bone, multiple myeloma, breast cancer, osteopenia (latest reports from 33,667 Osteonecrosis patients).
Drugs that are associated with OsteonecrosisOsteonecrosis (1,740 drugs)
Could your condition cause OsteonecrosisOsteonecrosis (1,235 conditions)
Cytoxan side effects
- Cytoxan side effects (11,495 reports)
Browse all side effects of Cytoxana b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Hu P, Lu L, Hu B, Deng F, Fei WJ, "Cyclophosphamide‐Induced Hypertensive Encephalopathy in a Young Girl With Lupus", The Journal of Clinical Hypertension, 2012 Apr .
What would happen?
Recent general studies
- Will you have Psoriasis with Rogaine? - a second ago
- Will you have Plaque Psoriasis with Rogaine? - 2 seconds ago
- Colchicine and Kalidruma drug interaction - 2 seconds ago
- Will you have Application Site Photosensitivity Reaction with Ancef? - 3 seconds ago
- Will you have Pancreatitis with Mcp? - 6 seconds ago
Recent personal studies
- A study for a 72 year old man who takes Losartan - 2 minutes ago
- A study for a 72 year old man who takes Losartan, Simvastatin - 11 minutes ago
- Prediction of Aptiom, B-12, Calan Sr, Synthroid, Vitamin B-2, Aspirin for a 43 year old woman - 2 hours ago
- Drug comparison of Humira, Remicade, Enbrel, Stelara for a 58 year old woman - 4 hours ago
- A study for a 70 year old man who takes Sotalol Hydrochloride, Xigduo Xr, Ramipril, Hctz, Droxia, Crestor, Coumadin - 5 hours ago
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.