Ddavp and Hospitalisation - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Hospitalisation is found among people who take Ddavp, especially for people who are male, 60+ old.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Ddavp and have Hospitalisation. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 2,362 people who have side effects when taking Ddavp from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
2,362 people reported to have side effects when taking Ddavp.
Among them, 7 people (0.3%) have Hospitalisation.
What is Ddavp?
Ddavp has active ingredients of desmopressin acetate. It is often used in diabetes insipidus. eHealthMe is studying from 2,443 Ddavp users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Hospitalisation?
Hospitalisation is found to be associated with 1,667 drugs and 1,017 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Ddavp and Hospitalisation reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Hospitalisation when taking Ddavp *:
- female: 28.57 %
- male: 71.43 %
Age of people who have Hospitalisation when taking Ddavp *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 25 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 25 %
- 60+: 50 %
Common drugs people take besides Ddavp *:
- Zyrtec: 1 person, 14.29%
- Humalog: 1 person, 14.29%
- Carafate: 1 person, 14.29%
- Cellcept: 1 person, 14.29%
- Cymbalta: 1 person, 14.29%
- Dostinex: 1 person, 14.29%
- Elavil: 1 person, 14.29%
- Epipen: 1 person, 14.29%
- Fabrazyme: 1 person, 14.29%
- Fosamax: 1 person, 14.29%
Common side effects people have besides Hospitalisation *:
- Drug Ineffective: 3 people, 42.86%
- Thrombocytopenia (decrease of platelets in blood): 1 person, 14.29%
- Salivary Hypersecretion (excess saliva secretion): 1 person, 14.29%
- Immune System Disorder: 1 person, 14.29%
Common conditions people have *:
- Tic (a sudden, repetitive, nonrhythmic motor movement or vocalization involving discrete muscle groups): 1 person, 14.29%
- Skin Blushing/flushing (a sudden reddening of the face, neck): 1 person, 14.29%
- Seizures (abnormal excessive or synchronous neuronal activity in the brain): 1 person, 14.29%
- Pain: 1 person, 14.29%
- Lipodystrophy Acquired (a regional loss of subcutaneous adipose tissue which usually starts in the face, extends downward acquired): 1 person, 14.29%
- Hypopituitarism (diminished hormone secretion by the pituitary gland, causing dwarfism in children and premature aging in adults): 1 person, 14.29%
- Hereditary Neuropathy With Liability To Pressure Palsies (hereditary disorder of the nerves): 1 person, 14.29%
- Hallucinations (sensations that appear real but are created by your mind): 1 person, 14.29%
- Fabry's Disease (build up of a particular type of fat, called globotriaosylceramide, in the body's cells): 1 person, 14.29%
- Anaphylaxis (serious allergic reaction that is rapid in onset and may cause death): 1 person, 14.29%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Ddavp and have Hospitalisation?Check whether Hospitalisation is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Hospitalisation and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of desmopressin acetate:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Ddavp:
- Ddavp (2,443 reports)
Common Ddavp side effects:
- Drug ineffective: 147 reports
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 162 reports
- Headache (pain in head): 185 reports
- Hyponatremia (abnormally low level of sodium in the blood; associated with dehydration): 219 reports
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 142 reports
- Nausea and vomiting: 152 reports
- Weakness: 109 reports
Browse all side effects of Ddavp:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Hospitalisation treatments and more:
- Hospitalisation (114,060 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Hospitalisation:
- Hospitalisation in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Hospitalisation in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Hospitalisation in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Hospitalisation:
All the drugs that are associated with Hospitalisation:
- Hospitalisation (1,667 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Hospitalisation:
All the conditions that are associated with Hospitalisation:
- Hospitalisation (1,017 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on desmopressin acetate (the active ingredients of Ddavp) and Ddavp (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Avelox and Sputum Discolored - 5 seconds ago
- Tylenol and Febrile Neutropenia - 6 seconds ago
- Hydrochlorothiazide and Magnesium drug interaction - 17 seconds ago
- Ondansetron and Skin Candida - 20 seconds ago
- Tacrolimus and Sweating Increased - 42 seconds ago
- Baby Aspirin and Multivitamin drug interaction - 51 seconds ago
- Selexipag and Glimepiride drug interaction - 57 seconds ago
- Atarax and Musculoskeletal Pain - 58 seconds ago
- Pepcid and Neoplasm Recurrence - a minute ago
- Amlodipine and Bronchiolitis - a minute ago