Decadron and Biliary sepsis - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Biliary sepsis is found among people who take Decadron, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Decadron and have Biliary sepsis. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 46,101 people who have side effects when taking Decadron from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
46,101 people reported to have side effects when taking Decadron.
Among them, 6 people (0.01%) have Biliary sepsis.
What is Decadron?
Decadron has active ingredients of dexamethasone. It is often used in multiple myeloma. eHealthMe is studying from 46,472 Decadron users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Biliary sepsis?
Biliary sepsis is found to be associated with 349 drugs and 167 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Decadron and Biliary sepsis reports submitted per year:
Time on Decadron when people have Biliary sepsis *:
- < 1 month: 100 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Biliary sepsis when taking Decadron *:
- female: 0.0 %
- male: 100 %
Age of people who have Biliary sepsis when taking Decadron *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 100 %
Common drugs people take besides Decadron *:
- Zometa: 5 people, 83.33%
- Lipitor: 5 people, 83.33%
- Atenolol: 5 people, 83.33%
- Atropine: 5 people, 83.33%
- Bisacodyl: 5 people, 83.33%
- Calcitriol: 5 people, 83.33%
- Compazine: 5 people, 83.33%
- Elavil: 5 people, 83.33%
- Glimepiride: 5 people, 83.33%
- Glucagon: 5 people, 83.33%
Common side effects people have besides Biliary sepsis *:
- Tooth Loss: 5 people, 83.33%
- Breathing Difficulty: 5 people, 83.33%
- Hip Fracture: 5 people, 83.33%
- Gingival Oedema (swelling of gums): 5 people, 83.33%
- Tooth Disorder (tooth disease): 5 people, 83.33%
- General Physical Health Deterioration (weak health status): 5 people, 83.33%
- Excessive Granulation Tissue (excessive collagen-rich tissue which forms at the site of an injury): 5 people, 83.33%
- Dizziness: 5 people, 83.33%
- Cholecystitis Infective (infection of gallbladder capable to infect other organs): 5 people, 83.33%
- Breakthrough Pain: 5 people, 83.33%
Common conditions people have *:
- Prostate Cancer: 5 people, 83.33%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Decadron and have Biliary sepsis?Check whether Biliary sepsis is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Bartlett R, Hartle AJ, "Routine use of dexamethasone for postoperative nausea and vomiting: the case against", Anaesthesia, 2013 Sep .
How severe was Biliary sepsis and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of dexamethasone:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Decadron:
- Decadron (46,472 reports)
Common Decadron side effects:
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 4,097 reports
- Breathing difficulty: 3,522 reports
- Pain: 3,420 reports
- Thrombocytopenia (decrease of platelets in blood): 3,355 reports
- Pneumonia: 3,329 reports
- Weakness: 3,286 reports
- Fever: 3,270 reports
- Diarrhea: 3,266 reports
Browse all side effects of Decadron:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Biliary sepsis treatments and more:
- Biliary sepsis (620 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Biliary sepsis:
- Biliary sepsis in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Biliary sepsis in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Biliary sepsis in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
All the drugs that are associated with Biliary sepsis:
- Biliary sepsis (349 drugs)
All the conditions that are associated with Biliary sepsis:
- Biliary sepsis (167 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on dexamethasone (the active ingredients of Decadron) and Decadron (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Calcium Acetate and Atenolol drug interaction - 10 seconds ago
- Ofev and Yellow Skin - 10 seconds ago
- Tramadol Hydrochloride And Acetaminophen vs. Lamictal - 14 seconds ago
- Abdominal Pain and Salivary Gland Mass - 19 seconds ago
- Testosterone Cypionate and Wheezing - 26 seconds ago
- Fexofenadine Hydrochloride and Abdominal Pain - 31 seconds ago
- Inbrija and Limb Injury - 34 seconds ago
- Restoril and Anovulatory Cycle - 38 seconds ago
- Selzentry and Tendon Rupture - 40 seconds ago
- Probiotic and Benicar drug interaction - 51 seconds ago