Decadron and Joint pain - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
We study 46,101 people who have side effects when taking Decadron. Joint pain is found, especially among people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take Zometa and have Pain.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Decadron and have Joint pain. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You may use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 700+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
46,101 people reported to have side effects when taking Decadron.
Among them, 1,603 people (3.48%) have Joint pain.
What is Decadron?
Decadron has active ingredients of dexamethasone. It is used in multiple myeloma. Currently, eHealthMe is studying from 46,472 Decadron users.
What is Joint pain?
Joint pain is found to be associated with 4,871 drugs and 4,988 conditions by eHealthMe. Currently, we are studying 506,133 people who have Joint pain.
Number of Decadron and Joint pain reports submitted per year:
Time on Decadron when people have Joint pain *:
Gender of people who have Joint pain when taking Decadron*:
Age of people who have Joint pain when taking Decadron *:
Common drugs people take besides Decadron *:
Common side effects people have besides Joint pain *:
Common conditions people have *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Decadron and have Joint pain?Check whether Joint pain is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Bartlett R, Hartle AJ, "Routine use of dexamethasone for postoperative nausea and vomiting: the case against", Anaesthesia, 2013 Sep .
Decadron side effects by duration, gender and age:
- Decadron side effects (46,472 reports)
Joint pain treatments and more:
- Joint pain (506,133 reports)
Common drugs associated with Joint pain:
- Methotrexate: 53,081 reports
- Enbrel: 49,616 reports
- Humira: 47,464 reports
- Prednisone: 38,003 reports
- Xeljanz: 25,292 reports
- Actemra: 16,945 reports
- Orencia: 16,537 reports
- Cosentyx: 16,485 reports
- Aspirin: 15,754 reports
- Remicade: 15,644 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Joint pain:
- Joint pain (4,871 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Joint pain:
- Rheumatoid arthritis: 80,403 reports
- Osteoporosis: 19,578 reports
- Psoriasis: 15,985 reports
- High blood pressure: 15,849 reports
- Crohn's disease: 15,813 reports
- High blood cholesterol: 14,883 reports
- Pain: 14,528 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Joint pain:
- Joint pain (4,988 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on dexamethasone (the active ingredients of Decadron) and Decadron (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 700+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Rituxan and Zoledronic Acid drug interaction - 22 seconds ago
- Wellbutrin and Activated Charcoal drug interaction - 26 seconds ago
- Azor and Allopurinol drug interaction - a minute ago
- Cytoxan and Anxiety Aggravated - a minute ago
- Carafate and Methadone Hydrochloride drug interaction - a minute ago
- Carvedilol and Coconut drug interaction - a minute ago
- Chromium Picolinate and Claritin drug interaction - 3 minutes ago
- Paroxetine Hydrochloride and Morphine drug interaction - 3 minutes ago
- Sudafed and Lucentis drug interaction - 3 minutes ago
- Prednisone and Barley Grass drug interaction - 4 minutes ago