Will you have Gastritis with Deferasirox - from FDA reports
Gastritis is reported only by a few people who take Deferasirox. We study 656 people who have side effects while taking Deferasirox from FDA. Among them, 3 have Gastritis. Find out below who they are, when they have Gastritis and more.
eHealthMe is a health data analysis company based in Mountain View, California. eHealthMe monitors and analyzes the outcomes of drugs and supplements that are currently on the market. The results are readily available to health care professionals and consumers.
eHealthMe has released original studies on market drugs and worked with leading universities and institutions such as IBM, London Health Science Centre, Mayo Clinic, Northwestern University and VA. eHealthMe studies have now been referenced in over 500 peer-reviewed medical publications.
How we gather our data?
Healthcare data is obtained from a number of sources including the Food and Drug Administration (FDA). This information is aggregated and used to produce personalized reports that patients can reference.
The information that eHealthMe collects includes:
- Side effects (including severity and how people recover from them)
- Associated conditions or symptoms
- Drug effectiveness
- Demographic data regarding drug use
How the study uses the data?
The study is based on deferasirox (the active ingredients of Deferasirox) and Deferasirox (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Synonyms of Gastritis are also considered in the study.
What is Deferasirox?
Deferasirox has active ingredients of deferasirox. (latest outcomes from Deferasirox 656 users)
What is Gastritis?
Gastritis (inflammation of stomach) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, pain, depression (latest reports from 37,414 Gastritis patients).
How to use the study?
Patients can bring a copy of the report to their healthcare provider to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood. It is recommended that patients use the information presented as a part of a broader decision-making process.
656 people reported to have side effects when taking Deferasirox.
Among them, 3 people (0.46%) have Gastritis
Number of reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Gastritis when taking Deferasirox *:
- female: 100 %
- male: 0.0 %
Age of people who have Gastritis when taking Deferasirox *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 100 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 0.0 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Preventive Health Care: 3 people, 100.00%
- Neutrophil Count Decreased (less than normal number of neutrophil a type of blood cell): 3 people, 100.00%
- Iron Overload: 3 people, 100.00%
- Bone Marrow Conditioning Regimen: 3 people, 100.00%
- Aplastic Anemia: 3 people, 100.00%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Tacrolimus: 3 people, 100.00%
- Sulfamethoprim: 3 people, 100.00%
- Methylprednisolone Sodium Succinate: 3 people, 100.00%
- Methotrexate: 3 people, 100.00%
- Furosemide: 3 people, 100.00%
- Fludara: 3 people, 100.00%
- Cyclophosphamide: 3 people, 100.00%
- Acyclovir: 3 people, 100.00%
- Leucovorin Calcium: 2 people, 66.67%
- Hydroxyzine: 2 people, 66.67%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- High Blood Pressure: 3 people, 100.00%
- Febrile Neutropenia (fever with reduced white blood cells): 3 people, 100.00%
- Chronic Graft Versus Host Disease (immune cells attack the host's body cells after transplant): 3 people, 100.00%
- Allergic Rhinitis: 3 people, 100.00%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you have Gastritis while taking Deferasirox?
You are not alone:
- Connect with people like you who take Deferasirox and have Gastritis
- Use your healthcare experience to help people like you, and be rewarded
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Kontoghiorghes GJ, "A record number of fatalities in many categories of patients treated with deferasirox: loopholes in regulatory and marketing procedures undermine patient safety and misguide public funds?", Taylor & Francis, 2013 Jan .
- Riva A, "Comment on: A record number of fatalities in many categories of patients treated with deferasirox: loopholes in regulatory and marketing procedures undermine patient safety and misguide public funds?", Expert opinion on drug safety, 2013 Sep .
- Riva A, "Deferasirox's toxicity", The Lancet, 2013 Jul .
- Patel NS, Shah RB, Buch JG, "Drug utilization pattern of NSAIDs assessed with the anatomical therapeutic chemical classification/defined daily dose system in an orthopedic department", Drugs & Therapy Perspectives, 2015 Oct .
- Kontoghiorghes GJ, "Turning a blind eye to deferasirox's toxicity?", The Lancet, 2013 Apr .
- Díaz-García JD, Gallegos-Villalobos A, Gonzalez-Espinoza L, Sanchez-Niño MD, Villarrubia J, Ortiz A, "Deferasirox nephrotoxicity - the knowns and unknowns", Nature reviews nephrology, 2014 Oct .
Drugs that are associated with GastritisGastritis (2,282 drugs)
Could your condition cause GastritisGastritis (1,735 conditions)
Deferasirox side effects
- Deferasirox side effects (656 reports)
Browse side effects by gender and age
Browse all side effects of Deferasiroxa b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
What would happen?
FDA reports used in this study
- Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Recent general studies
- Will you have Burning Sensation with Cataflam? - a second ago
- Will you have Ringing In The Ears with Epivir? - 4 seconds ago
- Will you have Noises Or Buzzing In The Ears with Epivir? - 4 seconds ago
- Will you have Ear Buzzing with Epivir? - 4 seconds ago
- Will you have Tinnitus with Epivir? - 5 seconds ago
- Will you have Complement Factor Increased with Aspirin? - 7 seconds ago
- Will you have Toilet Seat Injury with Lescol Xl? - 8 seconds ago
- Will you have Straddle Injury with Lescol Xl? - 8 seconds ago
- Will you have Wasting with Colestipol Hydrochloride? - 8 seconds ago
- Will you have Muscle Wasting with Colestipol Hydrochloride? - 8 seconds ago
Recent personal studies
- A study for a 53 year old man who takes Amlodipine, Spironolactone, Lisinopril - 4 hours ago
- A study for a 56 year old woman who takes Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Omeprazole, Co-codamol, Gabapentin - 4 hours ago
- A study for a 52 year old man who takes Metformin Hydrochloride - 4 hours ago
- A study for a 52 year old man who takes Diovan, Metformin, Avandia - 6 hours ago
- A study for a 62 year old man who takes Amlodipine, Losartan Potassium - 6 hours ago
- A study for a 52 year old man who takes Glipizide, Cozaar, Metformin - 7 hours ago
- A study for a 49 year old man who takes Carvedilol - 7 hours ago
- A study for a 44 year old man who takes Xarelto, Lamictal - 8 hours ago
- A study for a 62 year old woman who takes Pantoprazole - 13 hours ago
- Prediction of Adderall 20, Adderall Xr 20 for a 33 year old man - 14 hours ago
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.