Delsym and Small intestinal obstruction - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Small intestinal obstruction is reported only by a few people who take Delsym.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Delsym and have Small intestinal obstruction. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 4,092 people who have side effects while taking Delsym from the FDA, and is updated regularly.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
4,092 people reported to have side effects when taking Delsym.
Among them, 2 people (0.05%) have Small intestinal obstruction.
What is Delsym?
Delsym has active ingredients of dextromethorphan polistirex. It is often used in cough. eHealthMe is studying from 4,442 Delsym users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Small intestinal obstruction?
Small intestinal obstruction (blockage in small intestine) is found to be associated with 1,492 drugs and 902 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Delsym and Small intestinal obstruction reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Small intestinal obstruction when taking Delsym *:
- female: 0.0 %
- male: 100 %
Age of people who have Small intestinal obstruction when taking Delsym *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 100 %
- 60+: 0.0 %
Common drugs people take besides Delsym *:
- Zantac: 2 people, 100.00%
- Luxiq: 2 people, 100.00%
- Avodart: 2 people, 100.00%
- Bactrim: 2 people, 100.00%
- Cellcept: 2 people, 100.00%
- Cymbalta: 2 people, 100.00%
- Cytoxan: 2 people, 100.00%
- Effexor: 2 people, 100.00%
- Lipitor: 2 people, 100.00%
- Soma: 2 people, 100.00%
Common side effects people have besides Small intestinal obstruction *:
- Urinary Tract Infection: 2 people, 100.00%
- Gastrointestinal Hypomotility (less activity of the intestinal tract): 2 people, 100.00%
- Electrocardiogram Qt Prolonged: 2 people, 100.00%
Common conditions people have *:
- Systemic Sclerosis (Scleroderma) (an autoimmune or connective tissue disease. it is characterized by thickening of the skin): 2 people, 100.00%
- High Blood Pressure: 2 people, 100.00%
- Cardiac Disorder: 2 people, 100.00%
- Constipation: 2 people, 100.00%
- Depression: 2 people, 100.00%
- Gastric Ulcer (stomach ulcer): 2 people, 100.00%
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (a condition in which stomach contents leak backward from the stomach into the oesophagus): 2 people, 100.00%
- Gastrointestinal Motility Disorder (abnormal intestinal contractions): 2 people, 100.00%
- Heart Disease: 2 people, 100.00%
- High Blood Cholesterol: 2 people, 100.00%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Delsym and have Small intestinal obstruction?Check whether Small intestinal obstruction is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Small intestinal obstruction and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of dextromethorphan polistirex:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Delsym:
- Delsym (4,442 reports)
Common Delsym side effects:
Browse all side effects of Delsym:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Small intestinal obstruction treatments and more:
- Small intestinal obstruction (13,587 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Small intestinal obstruction:
- Small intestinal obstruction in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Small intestinal obstruction in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Small intestinal obstruction in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Small intestinal obstruction:
All the drugs that are associated with Small intestinal obstruction:
- Small intestinal obstruction (1,492 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Small intestinal obstruction:
All the conditions that are associated with Small intestinal obstruction:
- Small intestinal obstruction (902 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on dextromethorphan polistirex (the active ingredients of Delsym) and Delsym (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Norvasc and Rash Papular - 4 seconds ago
- Zocor and Guillain-Barre Syndrome - 7 seconds ago
- Zocor and Guillain-Barré Syndrome - 7 seconds ago
- Zocor and Guillain Barre Syndrome - 7 seconds ago
- Metoclopramide and Opisthotonus - 9 seconds ago
- Jublia and Conjunctivitis Exacerbated - 12 seconds ago
- Rosacea and Diffuse Interstitial Lung Disease - 15 seconds ago
- Simvastatin and Rash Maculo-Papular - 15 seconds ago
- Xarelto and Dupuytren'S Contracture - 25 seconds ago
- Meloxicam vs. Vicodin Es - 27 seconds ago