Denavir and Epigastric discomfort - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Epigastric discomfort is reported only by a few people who take Denavir.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Denavir and have Epigastric discomfort. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 541 people who have side effects while taking Denavir from the FDA, and is updated regularly.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
541 people reported to have side effects when taking Denavir.
Among them, 2 people (0.37%) have Epigastric discomfort.
What is Denavir?
Denavir has active ingredients of penciclovir sodium. eHealthMe is studying from 542 Denavir users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Epigastric discomfort?
Epigastric discomfort is found to be associated with 1,120 drugs and 610 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Denavir and Epigastric discomfort reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Epigastric discomfort when taking Denavir *:
- female: 100 %
- male: 0.0 %
Age of people who have Epigastric discomfort when taking Denavir *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 100 %
Common drugs people take besides Denavir *:
- Zoloft: 2 people, 100.00%
- Voltaren: 2 people, 100.00%
- Vioxx: 2 people, 100.00%
- Prilosec: 2 people, 100.00%
- Lopressor: 2 people, 100.00%
- Lipitor: 2 people, 100.00%
- Dyazide: 2 people, 100.00%
- Duragesic: 2 people, 100.00%
- Celebrex: 2 people, 100.00%
Common side effects people have besides Epigastric discomfort *:
- Gastritis (inflammation of stomach): 2 people, 100.00%
- Anaemia (lack of blood): 2 people, 100.00%
- Anaemia Macrocytic (a macrocytic class of anaemia): 2 people, 100.00%
- Polyp Colorectal: 2 people, 100.00%
- Angiodysplasia (small vascular malformation of the gut): 2 people, 100.00%
- Small Intestinal Haemorrhage (bleeding from small intestine): 2 people, 100.00%
- Muscle Cramps (painful sensations caused by muscle contraction): 2 people, 100.00%
- Diverticular Perforation (serious gastrointestinal condition in which the intestine's walls are perforated): 2 people, 100.00%
- Localised Osteoarthritis (infection of joint affects only single joint): 2 people, 100.00%
- Depression: 2 people, 100.00%
Common conditions people have *:
- Joint Pain: 2 people, 100.00%
- High Blood Pressure: 2 people, 100.00%
- High Blood Cholesterol: 2 people, 100.00%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Denavir and have Epigastric discomfort?Check whether Epigastric discomfort is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Epigastric discomfort and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of penciclovir sodium:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Denavir:
- Denavir (542 reports)
Common Denavir side effects:
- Drug ineffective: 134 reports
Browse all side effects of Denavir:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Epigastric discomfort treatments and more:
- Epigastric discomfort (4,807 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Epigastric discomfort:
- Epigastric discomfort in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Epigastric discomfort in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Epigastric discomfort in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Epigastric discomfort:
- Prednisone: 437 reports
- Methotrexate: 422 reports
- Tylenol: 377 reports
- Pantoprazole: 345 reports
- Gabapentin: 342 reports
- Celebrex: 318 reports
- Enbrel: 316 reports
- Actemra: 302 reports
- Aspirin: 266 reports
- Nasonex: 260 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Epigastric discomfort:
- Epigastric discomfort (1,121 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Epigastric discomfort:
- Rheumatoid arthritis: 468 reports
- Pain: 319 reports
- High blood pressure: 198 reports
- Multiple sclerosis: 127 reports
- High blood cholesterol: 122 reports
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease: 116 reports
- Depression: 104 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Epigastric discomfort:
- Epigastric discomfort (610 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on penciclovir sodium (the active ingredients of Denavir) and Denavir (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Retroperitoneal Neoplasm and Thrombocytopenia - 2 seconds ago
- Chloramphenicol and Drowsiness - 5 seconds ago
- Cytoxan and Dermoid Cyst - 15 seconds ago
- Cogentin and Hepatitis C - 16 seconds ago
- Botox and Eosinophil Count Decreased - 23 seconds ago
- Magnesium and Common Peroneal Nerve Dysfunction - 27 seconds ago
- Myrbetriq and Hyperparathyroidism Secondary - 47 seconds ago
- Isovue-128 and Florinef drug interaction - a minute ago
- Heparin Sodium and Temporomandibular Joint Syndrome - a minute ago
- Acetaminophen vs. Bupropion Hydrochloride - a minute ago