Depakote er and Dupuytren's contracture - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Dupuytren's contracture is reported only by a few people who take Depakote Er.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Depakote er and have Dupuytren's contracture. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 4,764 people who have side effects while taking Depakote er from the FDA, and is updated regularly.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
4,764 people reported to have side effects when taking Depakote er.
Among them, 3 people (0.06%) have Dupuytren's contracture.
What is Depakote er?
Depakote er has active ingredients of divalproex sodium. It is often used in bipolar disorder. eHealthMe is studying from 5,523 Depakote er users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Dupuytren's contracture?
Dupuytren's contracture (thickening of the fibrous tissue layer underneath the skin of the palm and fingers) is found to be associated with 445 drugs and 208 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Depakote er and Dupuytren's contracture reports submitted per year:
Time on Depakote er when people have Dupuytren's contracture *:
- < 1 month: 0.0 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 100 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Dupuytren's contracture when taking Depakote er *:
- female: 0.0 %
- male: 100 %
Age of people who have Dupuytren's contracture when taking Depakote er *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 50 %
- 60+: 50 %
Common drugs people take besides Depakote er *:
- Zoloft: 2 people, 66.67%
- Vitamin D3: 2 people, 66.67%
- Sertraline: 1 person, 33.33%
- Pramipexole Dihydrochloride: 1 person, 33.33%
- Fish Oil: 1 person, 33.33%
- Ergocalciferol: 1 person, 33.33%
- Elderberry: 1 person, 33.33%
- Bupropion Hydrochloride: 1 person, 33.33%
Common side effects people have besides Dupuytren's contracture *:
- Weight Increased: 3 people, 100.00%
- Tremor (trembling or shaking movements in one or more parts of your body): 3 people, 100.00%
- Weakness: 3 people, 100.00%
- Anger: 2 people, 66.67%
- Body Height Decreased: 2 people, 66.67%
- Diabetes: 2 people, 66.67%
- Disturbance In Attention: 2 people, 66.67%
- Dizziness: 2 people, 66.67%
- Drowsiness: 2 people, 66.67%
- Intervertebral Disc Protrusion (spinal disc protrusion): 2 people, 66.67%
Common conditions people have *:
- Depression: 2 people, 66.67%
- Tremor (trembling or shaking movements in one or more parts of your body): 1 person, 33.33%
- Adjustment Disorder: 1 person, 33.33%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Depakote er and have Dupuytren's contracture?Check whether Dupuytren's contracture is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Dupuytren's contracture and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of divalproex sodium:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Depakote er:
- Depakote er (5,523 reports)
Common Depakote er side effects:
Browse all side effects of Depakote er:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Dupuytren's contracture treatments and more:
- Dupuytren's contracture (2,031 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Dupuytren's contracture:
- Dupuytren's contracture in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Dupuytren's contracture in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Dupuytren's contracture in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Dupuytren's contracture:
- Xiaflex: 137 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Dupuytren's contracture:
- Dupuytren's contracture (445 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Dupuytren's contracture:
- Ra: 104 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Dupuytren's contracture:
- Dupuytren's contracture (208 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on divalproex sodium (the active ingredients of Depakote er) and Depakote er (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Macrobid and Gemcitabine Hydrochloride drug interaction - a second ago
- Azasan and Nasopharyngitis - a second ago
- Azasan and Haemoglobin Decreased - 2 seconds ago
- Azasan and Back Pain - 4 seconds ago
- Nabumetone and Dupuytren'S Contracture - 4 seconds ago
- Zocor and Teeth Brittle - 6 seconds ago
- Azasan and Haematochezia - 7 seconds ago
- Alphagan and Renagel drug interaction - 7 seconds ago
- Copaxone and Rash Maculo-Papular - 8 seconds ago
- Azasan and Headache - 10 seconds ago