Depakote and Mydriasis - from FDA reports
Mydriasis is found among people who take Depakote, especially for people who are female, 30-39 old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Seroquel, and have Pain. This study is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 41,621 people who have side effects when taking Depakote from FDA, and is updated regularly.
How to use this study: bring a copy to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Who is eHealthMe: we are a data analysis company who specializes in health care industry. Our original studies have been referenced on 500+ peer-reviewed medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and EANO. On eHealthMe, you can research drugs and monitor them (see testimonials). If you find eHealthMe useful, please help us to spread the words below or leave us a testimonial.
41,621 people reported to have side effects when taking Depakote.
Among them, 72 people (0.17%) have Mydriasis
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Depakote when people have Mydriasis *:
- < 1 month: 70 %
- 1 - 6 months: 10 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 20 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Mydriasis when taking Depakote *:
- female: 65.71 %
- male: 34.29 %
Age of people who have Mydriasis when taking Depakote *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 6.06 %
- 10-19: 21.21 %
- 20-29: 10.61 %
- 30-39: 30.3 %
- 40-49: 16.67 %
- 50-59: 15.15 %
- 60+: 0.0 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Pain: 15 people, 20.83%
- Psychotic Disorder: 2 people, 2.78%
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (an anxiety disorder characterized by intrusive thoughts that produce uneasiness, apprehension, fear, or worry;): 2 people, 2.78%
- Depression: 2 people, 2.78%
- Convulsion (muscles contract and relax rapidly and repeatedly, resulting in an uncontrolled shaking of the body): 2 people, 2.78%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Seroquel: 25 people, 34.72%
- Xanax: 24 people, 33.33%
- Klonopin: 21 people, 29.17%
- Risperdal: 21 people, 29.17%
- Clonidine: 20 people, 27.78%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Speech Impairment (Adult) (inability to speak (adult)): 24 people, 33.33%
- High Blood Pressure: 21 people, 29.17%
- Agitation (state of anxiety or nervous excitement): 21 people, 29.17%
- Stress And Anxiety: 21 people, 29.17%
- Sedation: 19 people, 26.39%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
FDA reports used in this study
- Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have Mydriasis while taking Depakote?
You are not alone:
Depakote has active ingredients of divalproex sodium. It is often used in bipolar disorder. (latest outcomes from Depakote 44,172 users)
Mydriasis (a dilation of the pupil) has been reported by people with depression, attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, pain, stress and anxiety, high blood pressure (latest reports from 10,300 Mydriasis patients).
Drugs that are associated with MydriasisMydriasis (1,435 drugs)
Could your condition cause MydriasisMydriasis (983 conditions)
Depakote side effects
- Depakote side effects (41,630 reports)
Browse all side effects of Depakotea b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
What would happen?
Recent general studies
- Antabuse and Bimatoprost drug interaction - now
- Will you have Aborted Pregnancy with Amlodipine? - 2 seconds ago
- Will you have Radiation Prostatitis with Ultravist 300? - 3 seconds ago
- Will you have Ear Barotrauma with Lactulose? - 5 seconds ago
- Will you have Pressure-Related Ear Pain with Lactulose? - 5 seconds ago
Recent personal studies
- A study for a 62 year old woman who takes Vitamin D3, Calcium, Gabapentin, Morphine, Fluoxetine - 46 minutes ago
- A study for a 71 year old woman who takes Humira - an hour ago
- Drug comparison of Celebrex, Valsartan, Omega-3, Multivitamin, Glucosamine for a 69 year old man - an hour ago
- Drug comparison of Doxycycline, Flagyl for a 58 year old woman - an hour ago
- A study for a 52 year old man who takes Prilosec, Bystolic, Irbesartan - 2 hours ago
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.