Depakote and Radius fracture - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Radius fracture is found among people who take Depakote, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Depakote and have Radius fracture. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 49,884 people who have side effects when taking Depakote from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
49,884 people reported to have side effects when taking Depakote.
Among them, 8 people (0.02%) have Radius fracture.
What is Depakote?
Depakote has active ingredients of divalproex sodium. It is often used in bipolar disorder. eHealthMe is studying from 52,749 Depakote users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Radius fracture?
Radius fracture is found to be associated with 914 drugs and 445 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Depakote and Radius fracture reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Radius fracture when taking Depakote *:
- female: 62.5 %
- male: 37.5 %
Age of people who have Radius fracture when taking Depakote *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 28.57 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 14.29 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 57.14 %
- 60+: 0.0 %
Common drugs people take besides Depakote *:
- Tegretol: 4 people, 50.00%
- Vioxx: 3 people, 37.50%
- Ms Contin: 3 people, 37.50%
- Keppra: 2 people, 25.00%
- Prednisone: 2 people, 25.00%
- Ibuprofen: 2 people, 25.00%
- Risperdal: 2 people, 25.00%
- Methocarbamol: 2 people, 25.00%
- Lexapro: 2 people, 25.00%
- Zoloft: 2 people, 25.00%
Common side effects people have besides Radius fracture *:
- Headache (pain in head): 6 people, 75.00%
- Fall: 6 people, 75.00%
- Emotional Distress: 6 people, 75.00%
- Joint Pain: 5 people, 62.50%
- Dizziness: 4 people, 50.00%
- Injury: 4 people, 50.00%
- Neck Pain: 4 people, 50.00%
- Osteoporosis (bones weak and more likely to break): 4 people, 50.00%
- Grand Mal Convulsion (a type of generalized seizure that affects the entire brain): 4 people, 50.00%
- Rashes (redness): 4 people, 50.00%
Common conditions people have *:
- Psoriatic Arthropathy (inflammation of the skin and joints with kin condition which typically causes patches (plaques) of red, scaly skin to develop): 3 people, 37.50%
- Pain: 1 person, 12.50%
- Hiv Infection: 1 person, 12.50%
- Convulsion (muscles contract and relax rapidly and repeatedly, resulting in an uncontrolled shaking of the body): 1 person, 12.50%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Depakote and have Radius fracture?Check whether Radius fracture is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Radius fracture and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of divalproex sodium:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Depakote:
- Depakote (52,749 reports)
Common Depakote side effects:
- Weight increased: 2,766 reports
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 2,716 reports
- Drug ineffective: 2,665 reports
- Stress and anxiety: 2,513 reports
- Pain: 2,310 reports
- Drowsiness: 2,191 reports
- Tremor (trembling or shaking movements in one or more parts of your body): 2,179 reports
Browse all side effects of Depakote:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Radius fracture treatments and more:
- Radius fracture (3,237 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Radius fracture:
- Radius fracture in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Radius fracture in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Radius fracture in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Radius fracture:
- Fosamax: 802 reports
- Alendronate sodium: 307 reports
- Aspirin: 190 reports
- Prednisone: 186 reports
- Vitamins: 181 reports
- Vioxx: 155 reports
- Methotrexate: 148 reports
- Actonel: 144 reports
- Forteo: 142 reports
- Humira: 137 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Radius fracture:
- Radius fracture (914 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Radius fracture:
- Osteoporosis: 907 reports
- Rheumatoid arthritis: 238 reports
- High blood pressure: 199 reports
- Multiple sclerosis: 130 reports
- Pain: 117 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Radius fracture:
- Radius fracture (445 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on divalproex sodium (the active ingredients of Depakote) and Depakote (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Advair Diskus 250/50 and Musculoskeletal Pain - now
- Baclofen and Venlafaxine Hydrochloride drug interaction - now
- Psoriasis and Septic Shock - 4 seconds ago
- Euthyrox and Haemorrhoids - 7 seconds ago
- Nexplanon and Pain - 7 seconds ago
- Trimethoprim vs. Sulfamethoxazole And Trimethoprim Double Strength - 8 seconds ago
- Requip vs. Tramadol Hydrochloride - 12 seconds ago
- Fludrocortisone Acetate and Back Pain - 13 seconds ago
- Naprosyn and Cardiac Valve Disease - 13 seconds ago
- Nystatin and Infusion Site Bruising - 14 seconds ago