Depo-provera and Itching - from FDA reports
Itching is found among people who take Depo-provera, especially for people who are female, 20-29 old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Depakote, and have Bipolar disorder. This review analyzes which people have Itching with Depo-provera. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 12,147 people who have side effects when taking Depo-provera from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Nov, 19, 2017
12,147 people reported to have side effects when taking Depo-provera.
Among them, 239 people (1.97%) have Itching
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Depo-provera when people have Itching *:
- < 1 month: 67.21 %
- 1 - 6 months: 11.48 %
- 6 - 12 months: 8.2 %
- 1 - 2 years: 6.56 %
- 2 - 5 years: 6.56 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Itching when taking Depo-provera *:
- female: 97.37 %
- male: 2.63 %
Age of people who have Itching when taking Depo-provera *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 16.28 %
- 20-29: 34.88 %
- 30-39: 20.35 %
- 40-49: 23.84 %
- 50-59: 4.07 %
- 60+: 0.58 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Bipolar Disorder (10 people, 4.18%)
- Multiple Sclerosis (7 people, 2.93%)
- Stress And Anxiety (6 people, 2.51%)
- Migraine (6 people, 2.51%)
- Heavy Or Prolong Menstrual Bleeding (6 people, 2.51%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Wellbutrin (12 people, 5.02%)
- Depakote (12 people, 5.02%)
- Zyprexa (11 people, 4.60%)
- Xanax (11 people, 4.60%)
- Humira (10 people, 4.18%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Rashes (66 people, 27.62%)
- Urticaria (45 people, 18.83%)
- Pain (30 people, 12.55%)
- Headache (30 people, 12.55%)
- Weight Increased (29 people, 12.13%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Itching when taking Depo-provera?
- Check symptoms - is itching caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsItching and drugs with ingredients of medroxyprogesterone acetate.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeItching and Depo-provera from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Depo-provera has active ingredients of medroxyprogesterone acetate. It is often used in birth control. (latest outcomes from Depo-provera 13,187 users)
Itching has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, high blood cholesterol (latest reports from 165,439 Itching patients).
Browse all side effects of Depo-proveraa b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with ItchingItching
Could your condition cause ItchingItching
What would happen?
Questions to the study
User reviews to the study
After the birth of my only child at age 44 my doctor gave me depo provera injection because he highly recommended it. At "my age" he didnt want me to get pregnant again. that was in 2007 and until the injection was pulled from the market, with no explanation. I then developed a osteoarthritis ...
I have been on Tamsulosin for almost 10 months. However, I have noticed in the last few weeks of itching. I have also noticed some rashes in my scrap. I just took a dose tonight and started noticing this weard sensation and feeling as if ants are crawling over me. I took a Benadryl to help ...