Who have Optic atrophy with Desferal - from FDA reports
Optic atrophy is reported only by a few people who take Desferal. We study 1,809 people who have side effects while taking Desferal from FDA. Among them, 5 have Optic atrophy. Find out below who they are, when they have Optic atrophy and more.
How to use this study: bring a copy to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Peer to Peer mobile support
Peer support for this study is available on our Ginger Health app. It's free, anonymous and secure. The app is ideal for people taking multiple medications or having multiple conditions.
1,809 people reported to have side effects when taking Desferal.
Among them, 5 people (0.28%) have Optic atrophy
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Desferal when people have Optic atrophy *:
- < 1 month: 0.0 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 25 %
- 2 - 5 years: 75 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Optic atrophy when taking Desferal *:
- female: 0.0 %
- male: 100 %
Age of people who have Optic atrophy when taking Desferal *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 100 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 0.0 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Iron Metabolism Disorder: 3 people, 60.00%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Visual Acuity Reduced (reduced clearness of vision): 5 people, 100.00%
- Blindness: 5 people, 100.00%
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 5 people, 100.00%
- Neurotoxicity (when the exposure to natural or artificial toxic substances, which are called neurotoxins, alters the normal activity of the nervous system): 3 people, 60.00%
- Hearing Impaired: 3 people, 60.00%
- Overdose: 3 people, 60.00%
- Optic Neuropathy (optic nerve damage): 3 people, 60.00%
- Nausea And Vomiting: 2 people, 40.00%
- Arrhythmias (irregular heartbeat): 2 people, 40.00%
- Cough: 2 people, 40.00%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you have Optic atrophy while taking Desferal?
- Check whether a drug or a condition causes Optic atrophy
- Subscribe to monitor Optic atrophy in Desferal
You are not alone:
- Connect with people like you who take Desferal and have Optic atrophy
- Use your healthcare experience to help people like you, and be rewarded
Desferal has active ingredients of deferoxamine mesylate. It is often used in iron overload. (latest outcomes from Desferal 1,816 users)
Optic atrophy (the loss of a proportion of optic disc nerve fibres) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, erection problems, hepatitis c, rheumatoid arthritis, depression (latest reports from 1,579 Optic atrophy patients).
Drugs that are associated with Optic atrophyOptic atrophy (610 drugs)
Could your condition cause Optic atrophyOptic atrophy (346 conditions)
Desferal side effects
- Desferal side effects (1,809 reports)
Browse by gender and age
Browse all side effects of Desferala b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
What would happen?
FDA reports used in this study
- Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Recent general studies
- Grinelia Squarrosa and Indian Olibanum drug interaction - 2 seconds ago
- Will you have Hand Crushing with Lumigan? - 4 seconds ago
- Will you have Loose Tooth with Tamoxifen Citrate? - 4 seconds ago
- Will you have Radiation Leukopenia with Amiodarone Hydrochloride? - 5 seconds ago
- Will you have Polymyalgia Rheumatica with Purinethol? - 5 seconds ago
- Celebrex and Enbrel drug interaction - 6 seconds ago
- Cholestyramine and Madagascar Cinnamon drug interaction - 7 seconds ago
- Lyrica and Iodine drug interaction - 8 seconds ago
- Will you have Bacterial Gastroenteritis with Isosorbide Mononitrate? - 9 seconds ago
- Will you have Pain - Breast with Invega? - 10 seconds ago
Recent personal studies
- A study for a 68 year old man who takes Nardil, Ambien - 11 minutes ago
- A study for a 57 year old man who takes Escitalopram, Atorvastatin Calcium, Nuvigil, Lamictal Xr, Methylphenidate Hydrochloride, Irbesartan - 2 hours ago
- A study for a 64 year old woman who takes Sandostatin, Sandostatin Lar - 3 hours ago
- A study for a 57 year old woman who takes Nexium 24hr, Ibuprofen - 3 hours ago
- A study for a 50 year old man who takes Citalopram Hydrobromide - 4 hours ago
- A study for a 63 year old woman who takes Prednisone - 4 hours ago
- Prediction of Chaste Berry, Wellbutrin Xl for a 35 year old woman - 5 hours ago
- A study for a 62 year old woman who takes Insulin - 5 hours ago
- A study for a 67 year old woman who takes Insulin - 5 hours ago
- A study for a 70 year old man who takes Bisoprolol Fumarate, Lisinopril And Hydrochlorothiazide, Levothyroxine Thyroid, Calcium, Rosuvastatin Calcium, Omega-3 Oil, Multivitamin, Vitamin C (ascorbic Acid), Coq10, Lexapro - 6 hours ago
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.