Desmopressin acetate and Hyponatraemic encephalopathy - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
We study 2,294 people who have side effects when taking Desmopressin acetate. Hyponatraemic encephalopathy is found, especially among people who are female, 30-39 old, also take Oxybutynin chloride and have Thirst - excessive.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Desmopressin acetate and have Hyponatraemic encephalopathy. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You may use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 700+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
2,294 people reported to have side effects when taking Desmopressin acetate.
Among them, 17 people (0.74%) have Hyponatraemic encephalopathy.
What is Desmopressin acetate?
Desmopressin acetate has active ingredients of desmopressin acetate. It is used in bedwetting. Currently, eHealthMe is studying from 2,389 Desmopressin acetate users.
What is Hyponatraemic encephalopathy?
Hyponatraemic encephalopathy (central nervous system dysfunction secondary to low level of sodium in the blood) is found to be associated with 72 drugs and 60 conditions by eHealthMe. Currently, we are studying 210 people who have Hyponatraemic encephalopathy.
Number of Desmopressin acetate and Hyponatraemic encephalopathy reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Hyponatraemic encephalopathy when taking Desmopressin acetate *:
- female: 70.59 %
- male: 29.41 %
Age of people who have Hyponatraemic encephalopathy when taking Desmopressin acetate *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 6.67 %
- 10-19: 13.33 %
- 20-29: 33.33 %
- 30-39: 33.33 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 13.33 %
- 60+: 0.0 %
Common drugs people take besides Desmopressin acetate *:
- Oxybutynin Chloride: 1 person, 5.88%
Common side effects people have besides Hyponatraemic encephalopathy *:
- Hyponatremia (abnormally low level of sodium in the blood; associated with dehydration): 15 people, 88.24%
- Water Intoxication (water poisoning): 2 people, 11.76%
- Nausea And Vomiting: 1 person, 5.88%
- Nasal Discomfort: 1 person, 5.88%
- Face Oedema (swelling of face): 1 person, 5.88%
- Eye Rolling: 1 person, 5.88%
- Consciousness - Decreased: 1 person, 5.88%
- Clonic Convulsion (long lasting seizure): 1 person, 5.88%
- Altered State Of Consciousness (altered state of mind): 1 person, 5.88%
- Agitation (state of anxiety or nervous excitement): 1 person, 5.88%
Common conditions people have *:
- Urination - Excessive Volume: 2 people, 11.76%
- Thirst - Excessive: 2 people, 11.76%
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (a chronic condition including attention difficulty, hyperactivity, and impulsiveness): 1 person, 5.88%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Desmopressin acetate and have Hyponatraemic encephalopathy?Check whether Hyponatraemic encephalopathy is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Desmopressin acetate side effects by duration, gender and age:
- Desmopressin acetate side effects (2,389 reports)
Hyponatraemic encephalopathy treatments and more:
- Hyponatraemic encephalopathy (210 reports)
All the drugs that are associated with Hyponatraemic encephalopathy:
- Hyponatraemic encephalopathy (72 drugs)
All the conditions that are associated with Hyponatraemic encephalopathy:
- Hyponatraemic encephalopathy (60 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on desmopressin acetate (the active ingredients of Desmopressin acetate) and Desmopressin acetate (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 700+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Zelnorm and Skin Abscess - 15 seconds ago
- Vaniqa and Zelnorm drug interaction - 19 seconds ago
- Mellaril and Chlorhexidine Gluconate drug interaction - 39 seconds ago
- Fludrocortisone Acetate and Bromocriptine Mesylate drug interaction - 43 seconds ago
- Heparin and Meniere'S Disease - a minute ago
- Hexabrix and Vecuronium Bromide drug interaction - a minute ago
- Mycophenolic Acid and Synovitis - a minute ago
- Betaseron and Agitation Aggravated - a minute ago
- Avastin and Eprex drug interaction - a minute ago
- Mavyret and Zonisamide drug interaction - a minute ago