Dexamethasone and Death - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Death is found among people who take Dexamethasone, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month.
The phase IV clinical study is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 105,970 people who have side effects when taking Dexamethasone from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
105,970 people reported to have side effects when taking Dexamethasone.
Among them, 4,899 people (4.62%) died.
What is Dexamethasone?
Dexamethasone has active ingredients of dexamethasone. It is often used in multiple myeloma. eHealthMe is studying from 106,604 Dexamethasone users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
Number of Dexamethasone and Death reports submitted per year:
Time on Dexamethasone when people died *:
Gender of people who died when taking Dexamethasone*:
Age of people who died when taking Dexamethasone *:
Common drugs people take besides Dexamethasone *:
Common side effects people have before they died *:
Common conditions people have *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Bartlett R, Hartle AJ, "Routine use of dexamethasone for postoperative nausea and vomiting: the case against", Anaesthesia, 2013 Sep .
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of dexamethasone:
- Death and drugs with ingredients of dexamethasone (7,690 reports)
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Dexamethasone:
- Dexamethasone (106,604 reports)
Common Dexamethasone side effects:
Browse all side effects of Dexamethasone:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
COVID vaccines that are related to Death:
- Death in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Death in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Death in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Death:
All the drugs that are associated with Death:
- Death (4,373 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Death:
All the conditions that are associated with Death:
- Death (3,693 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on dexamethasone (the active ingredients of Dexamethasone) and Dexamethasone (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Topamax vs. Primidone - now
- St. John'S Wort and Marinol drug interaction - 2 seconds ago
- Norvasc and Angioedema - 23 seconds ago
- Zyrtec and Insomnia Exacerbated - 29 seconds ago
- Zopiclone and Fluphenazine drug interaction - 36 seconds ago
- Cephalexin and Cardiac Arrest - 44 seconds ago
- Zinc Sulfate and Clindamycin Phosphate drug interaction - 52 seconds ago
- Ards (Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome) and drugs of ingredients of dexamethasone - a minute ago
- Stiolto Respimat and Ninlaro drug interaction - a minute ago
- Reclast and Respiratory Rate Decreased - a minute ago