Dexamethasone and Pancreatitis - from FDA reports
Pancreatitis is found among people who take Dexamethasone, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Bactrim, and have Preventive health care. This review analyzes which people have Pancreatitis with Dexamethasone. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 65,053 people who have side effects when taking Dexamethasone from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Dec, 27, 2017
65,053 people reported to have side effects when taking Dexamethasone.
Among them, 278 people (0.43%) have Pancreatitis
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Dexamethasone when people have Pancreatitis *:
- < 1 month: 70.27 %
- 1 - 6 months: 21.62 %
- 6 - 12 months: 8.11 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Pancreatitis when taking Dexamethasone *:
- female: 50.39 %
- male: 49.61 %
Age of people who have Pancreatitis when taking Dexamethasone *:
- 0-1: 1.32 %
- 2-9: 7.93 %
- 10-19: 11.89 %
- 20-29: 1.32 %
- 30-39: 3.96 %
- 40-49: 11.01 %
- 50-59: 18.5 %
- 60+: 44.05 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Preventive Health Care (28 people, 10.07%)
- Acute Lymphocytic Leukemia (all) (24 people, 8.63%)
- High Blood Pressure (21 people, 7.55%)
- Hiv Infection (15 people, 5.40%)
- Cough (15 people, 5.40%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Revlimid (45 people, 16.19%)
- Bactrim (45 people, 16.19%)
- Methotrexate (35 people, 12.59%)
- Fluconazole (30 people, 10.79%)
- Cytarabine (29 people, 10.43%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Diarrhea (42 people, 15.11%)
- Thrombocytopenia (39 people, 14.03%)
- Fever (38 people, 13.67%)
- Constipation (38 people, 13.67%)
- Anaemia (37 people, 13.31%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have Pancreatitis when taking Dexamethasone?
- Check symptoms - is pancreatitis caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a post - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsPancreatitis and drugs with ingredients of dexamethasone.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMePancreatitis and Dexamethasone from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Dexamethasone has active ingredients of dexamethasone. It is often used in multiple myeloma. (latest outcomes from Dexamethasone 65,570 users)
Pancreatitis (inflammation of pancreas) has been reported by people with type 2 diabetes, depression, high blood pressure, diabetes, pain (latest reports from 38,720 Pancreatitis patients).
Browse all side effects of Dexamethasonea b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with PancreatitisPancreatitis
Could your condition cause PancreatitisPancreatitis
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Das S, Mondal S, Dey JK, Bandyopadhyay S, Saha I, Tripathi SK, "A case of montelukast induced hypercholesterolemia, severe hypertriglyceridemia and pancreatitis", Journal of Young Pharmacists, 2013 Jun .
- Bartlett R, Hartle AJ, "Routine use of dexamethasone for postoperative nausea and vomiting: the case against", Anaesthesia, 2013 Sep .
- Arshad F, Ladakhi Y, Khan MA, "A rare case of carbamazepine induced pancreatitis", International Journal of Students’ Research, 2013 Jul .
What would happen?
Questions to the study
Hello guys, My name is favour i'm 39 male I have been using dexamethasone(tablets) with Cyproheptadine(caplet), i was too skinny and i needed to add up some flesh and based on a friend's advice i started taking one caplet of Cyproheptadine daily and 1mg of dexacortin(dexamethasone) , in no ...
I've been on Cymbalta for eight+ years. I've complained to doctors, recently and previously, about pain in my mid upper abdomen. I've had two ultrasounds, some sort of other test where I drank some liquid and they watched with some sort of ???, and now I'm scheduled for an endoscopy. I'm ...
User posts to the study
I started taking Arimidex about a month-and-a-half ago I already had severe necrotizing pancreatitis that I lived through that destroyed 40% of my pancreas now I'm having a heaviness in my liver enzymes have increased extremely waiting on doctor's report scared