Diastat and Face injury - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Face injury is reported only by a few people who take Diastat.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Diastat and have Face injury. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 1,781 people who have side effects while taking Diastat from the FDA, and is updated regularly.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
1,781 people reported to have side effects when taking Diastat.
Among them, 2 people (0.11%) have Face injury.
What is Diastat?
Diastat has active ingredients of diazepam. eHealthMe is studying from 1,791 Diastat users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Face injury?
Face injury is found to be associated with 1,436 drugs and 863 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Diastat and Face injury reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Face injury when taking Diastat *:
- female: 50 %
- male: 50 %
Age of people who have Face injury when taking Diastat *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 50 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 50 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 0.0 %
Common drugs people take besides Diastat *:
- Lamictal: 2 people, 100.00%
- Zyrtec: 1 person, 50.00%
- Zantac: 1 person, 50.00%
- Trileptal: 1 person, 50.00%
- Sabril: 1 person, 50.00%
- Nasonex: 1 person, 50.00%
- Miralax: 1 person, 50.00%
- Linzess: 1 person, 50.00%
- Lacosamide: 1 person, 50.00%
- Klonopin: 1 person, 50.00%
Common side effects people have besides Face injury *:
- Fall: 2 people, 100.00%
- Swelling Face: 1 person, 50.00%
- Seizures (abnormal excessive or synchronous neuronal activity in the brain): 1 person, 50.00%
- Psychomotor Skills Impaired: 1 person, 50.00%
- Nervous System Disorder (a general class of medical conditions affecting the nervous system): 1 person, 50.00%
- Movement - Uncoordinated: 1 person, 50.00%
- Metabolic Disorder (an abnormal function and pattern of body fat. insulin resistance refers to the diminished ability of cells to respond to the action of insulin in promoting the transport of the sugar glucose, from blood into muscles and other tissues): 1 person, 50.00%
- Hyperreflexia (overactive or over responsive reflexes): 1 person, 50.00%
- Hemiparesis (weakness on one side of the body): 1 person, 50.00%
- Gait Disturbance: 1 person, 50.00%
Common conditions people have *:
- Partial Seizures (seizures which affect only a part of the brain at onset): 1 person, 50.00%
- Epilepsy (common and diverse set of chronic neurological disorders characterized by seizures): 1 person, 50.00%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Diastat and have Face injury?Check whether Face injury is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Face injury and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of diazepam:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Diastat:
- Diastat (1,791 reports)
Common Diastat side effects:
- Convulsion (muscles contract and relax rapidly and repeatedly, resulting in an uncontrolled shaking of the body): 172 reports
- Drug ineffective: 110 reports
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 106 reports
- Fever: 106 reports
- Seizures (abnormal excessive or synchronous neuronal activity in the brain): 288 reports
Browse all side effects of Diastat:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Face injury treatments and more:
- Face injury (4,019 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Face injury:
- Face injury in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Face injury in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Face injury in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Face injury:
All the drugs that are associated with Face injury:
- Face injury (1,436 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Face injury:
All the conditions that are associated with Face injury:
- Face injury (863 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on diazepam (the active ingredients of Diastat) and Diastat (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Levothyroxine Sodium and Eye Swelling - 4 seconds ago
- Ovcon-35 vs. Estinyl - 7 seconds ago
- Escitalopram Oxalate and Urinary Tract Infection Enterococcal - 12 seconds ago
- Agoraphobia and Irritable Bowel Syndrome - 12 seconds ago
- Clarithromycin and Cellulitis Staphylococcal - 17 seconds ago
- Clarinex and Anal Fistula - 20 seconds ago
- Glycyrrhiza and Insomnia - 20 seconds ago
- Mesna and Colitis - Pseudomembranous - 28 seconds ago
- Mesna and Pseudomembranous Colitis - 28 seconds ago
- Detrol and Avodart drug interaction - 30 seconds ago