Diastat and Pulmonary oedema - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
We study 1,984 people who have side effects when taking Diastat. Pulmonary oedema is found, especially among people who are male, 20-29 old, also take Alprazolam and have Epilepsy.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Diastat and have Pulmonary oedema. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You may use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 700+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
1,984 people reported to have side effects when taking Diastat.
Among them, 11 people (0.55%) have Pulmonary oedema.
What is Diastat?
Diastat has active ingredients of diazepam. Currently, eHealthMe is studying from 1,994 Diastat users.
What is Pulmonary oedema?
Pulmonary oedema (fluid accumulation in the lungs) is found to be associated with 2,515 drugs and 1,927 conditions by eHealthMe. Currently, we are studying 51,043 people who have Pulmonary oedema.
Number of Diastat and Pulmonary oedema reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Pulmonary oedema when taking Diastat *:
- female: 45.45 %
- male: 54.55 %
Age of people who have Pulmonary oedema when taking Diastat *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 10 %
- 20-29: 30 %
- 30-39: 10 %
- 40-49: 20 %
- 50-59: 20 %
- 60+: 10 %
Common drugs people take besides Diastat *:
- Alprazolam: 3 people, 27.27%
- Temazepam: 2 people, 18.18%
- Zolpidem: 1 person, 9.09%
- Topamax: 1 person, 9.09%
- Morphine: 1 person, 9.09%
- Metoprolol Tartrate: 1 person, 9.09%
- Levetiracetam: 1 person, 9.09%
- Keppra: 1 person, 9.09%
- Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen: 1 person, 9.09%
- Fentanyl-25: 1 person, 9.09%
Common side effects people have besides Pulmonary oedema *:
- Poisoning: 9 people, 81.82%
- Pulmonary Congestion (congestion in the lungs): 5 people, 45.45%
- Drug Toxicity: 5 people, 45.45%
- Accidental Death: 3 people, 27.27%
- Enlarged Heart: 3 people, 27.27%
- Accident: 2 people, 18.18%
- Completed Suicide (act of taking one's own life): 2 people, 18.18%
- Unresponsive To Stimuli: 2 people, 18.18%
- Excoriation (to tear or wear off the skin of): 2 people, 18.18%
- Left Ventricular Hypertrophy (the thickening of the myocardium (muscle) of the left ventricle of the heart): 2 people, 18.18%
Common conditions people have *:
- Epilepsy (common and diverse set of chronic neurological disorders characterized by seizures): 1 person, 9.09%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Diastat and have Pulmonary oedema?Check whether Pulmonary oedema is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Diastat side effects by duration, gender and age:
- Diastat side effects (1,994 reports)
Pulmonary oedema treatments and more:
- Pulmonary oedema (51,043 reports)
Common drugs associated with Pulmonary oedema:
- Furosemide: 3,732 reports
- Aspirin: 3,341 reports
- Lasix: 3,147 reports
- Prednisone: 2,891 reports
- Amlodipine: 2,262 reports
- Omeprazole: 1,890 reports
- Humira: 1,799 reports
- Metformin: 1,782 reports
- Morphine: 1,720 reports
- Methotrexate: 1,709 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Pulmonary oedema:
- Pulmonary oedema (2,515 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Pulmonary oedema:
- Primary pulmonary hypertension: 3,007 reports
- High blood pressure: 2,518 reports
- Rheumatoid arthritis: 2,466 reports
- Pain: 1,519 reports
- Multiple myeloma: 1,463 reports
- Diabetes: 1,414 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Pulmonary oedema:
- Pulmonary oedema (1,927 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on diazepam (the active ingredients of Diastat) and Diastat (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 700+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Caduet and Fatigue - 2 seconds ago
- Famciclovir and Dexilant drug interaction - 8 seconds ago
- Diflucan and Esgic drug interaction - 11 seconds ago
- Miralax and Paliperidone drug interaction - 19 seconds ago
- Enbrel and Belsomra drug interaction - 37 seconds ago
- Lidoderm and Adalat drug interaction - 40 seconds ago
- Cefuroxime Axetil and Ethyol drug interaction - 40 seconds ago
- Augmentin Xr and Gemfibrozil drug interaction - 48 seconds ago
- Efudex and Pravachol drug interaction - 48 seconds ago
- Terazol 3 and Peridex drug interaction - 51 seconds ago