Digoxin and Endotracheal intubation complication - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
We study 90,380 people who have side effects when taking Digoxin. Endotracheal intubation complication is found, especially among people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take Lovenox and have Primary pulmonary hypertension.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Digoxin and have Endotracheal intubation complication. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You may use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 700+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
90,380 people reported to have side effects when taking Digoxin.
Among them, 11 people (0.01%) have Endotracheal intubation complication.
What is Digoxin?
Digoxin has active ingredients of digoxin. It is used in atrial fibrillation/flutter. Currently, eHealthMe is studying from 91,816 Digoxin users.
What is Endotracheal intubation complication?
Endotracheal intubation complication is found to be associated with 349 drugs and 218 conditions by eHealthMe. Currently, we are studying 651 people who have Endotracheal intubation complication.
Number of Digoxin and Endotracheal intubation complication reports submitted per year:
Time on Digoxin when people have Endotracheal intubation complication *:
- < 1 month: 0.0 %
- 1 - 6 months: 100 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Endotracheal intubation complication when taking Digoxin *:
- female: 50 %
- male: 50 %
Age of people who have Endotracheal intubation complication when taking Digoxin *:
- 0-1: 14.29 %
- 2-9: 14.29 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 28.57 %
- 50-59: 14.29 %
- 60+: 28.57 %
Common drugs people take besides Digoxin *:
- Lovenox: 5 people, 45.45%
- Tracleer: 4 people, 36.36%
- Zocor: 3 people, 27.27%
- Lopressor: 3 people, 27.27%
- Prednisone: 3 people, 27.27%
- Glucotrol: 2 people, 18.18%
- Lortab: 2 people, 18.18%
- Levothyroxine Sodium: 2 people, 18.18%
- Levaquin: 2 people, 18.18%
- Lantus: 2 people, 18.18%
Common side effects people have besides Endotracheal intubation complication *:
- Heart Attack: 6 people, 54.55%
- Chest Pain: 5 people, 45.45%
- Paraesthesia (sensation of tingling, tickling, prickling, pricking, or burning of a person's skin with no apparent long-term physical effect): 4 people, 36.36%
- Nausea And Vomiting: 4 people, 36.36%
- Limb Crushing Injury (crushing injury of upper limb): 4 people, 36.36%
- Road Traffic Accident: 4 people, 36.36%
- Pneumonia: 4 people, 36.36%
- Hoarseness Or Changing Voice: 4 people, 36.36%
- Vocal Cord Disorder: 4 people, 36.36%
- Weakness: 3 people, 27.27%
Common conditions people have *:
- Primary Pulmonary Hypertension (primary high blood pressure that affects the arteries in the lungs and the right side of your heart): 4 people, 36.36%
- Gait Disturbance: 1 person, 9.09%
- Cardiac Failure Congestive: 1 person, 9.09%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Digoxin and have Endotracheal intubation complication?Check whether Endotracheal intubation complication is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Guru SR, Suresh A, Padmanabhan S, Reddy A, "A Rare Case of Digoxin Associated Gingival Overgrowth", Journal of clinical and diagnostic research: JCDR, 2017 Jan .
- Lai SW, Lin CL, Liao KF, "Digoxin use may increase the relative risk of acute pancreatitis: a population-based case–control study in Taiwan", International journal of cardiology, 2015 Feb .
Digoxin side effects by duration, gender and age:
- Digoxin side effects (91,816 reports)
Endotracheal intubation complication treatments and more:
- Endotracheal intubation complication (651 reports)
All the drugs that are associated with Endotracheal intubation complication:
- Endotracheal intubation complication (349 drugs)
All the conditions that are associated with Endotracheal intubation complication:
- Endotracheal intubation complication (218 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on digoxin (the active ingredients of Digoxin) and Digoxin (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 700+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Lipitor and Kesimpta drug interaction - now
- Entocort Ec and Agitation - 17 seconds ago
- Oxcarbazepine and Ginkgo Biloba drug interaction - 36 seconds ago
- Romazicon and Anectine drug interaction - 59 seconds ago
- Simethicone and Colecalciferol drug interaction - a minute ago
- Ursodiol and Joint Pain - a minute ago
- Lantus and Red Blood Cell Count Decreased - a minute ago
- Metformin and Blood Iron Increased - a minute ago
- Paracetamol and Red Blood Cell Sedimentation Rate Abnormal - a minute ago
- Doxorubicin Hydrochloride and Ibu drug interaction - a minute ago