Digoxin and Restless leg syndrome - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Restless leg syndrome is found among people who take Digoxin, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Digoxin and have Restless leg syndrome. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 87,772 people who have side effects when taking Digoxin from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
87,772 people reported to have side effects when taking Digoxin.
Among them, 102 people (0.12%) have Restless leg syndrome.
What is Digoxin?
Digoxin has active ingredients of digoxin. It is often used in atrial fibrillation/flutter. eHealthMe is studying from 89,193 Digoxin users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Restless leg syndrome?
Restless leg syndrome (a powerful urge to move your legs) is found to be associated with 2,384 drugs and 1,764 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Digoxin and Restless leg syndrome reports submitted per year:
Time on Digoxin when people have Restless leg syndrome *:
Gender of people who have Restless leg syndrome when taking Digoxin*:
Age of people who have Restless leg syndrome when taking Digoxin *:
Common drugs people take besides Digoxin *:
Common side effects people have besides Restless leg syndrome *:
Common conditions people have *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Digoxin and have Restless leg syndrome?Check whether Restless leg syndrome is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Guru SR, Suresh A, Padmanabhan S, Reddy A, "A Rare Case of Digoxin Associated Gingival Overgrowth", Journal of clinical and diagnostic research: JCDR, 2017 Jan .
- Lai SW, Lin CL, Liao KF, "Digoxin use may increase the relative risk of acute pancreatitis: a population-based case–control study in Taiwan", International journal of cardiology, 2015 Feb .
How severe was Restless leg syndrome and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of digoxin:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Digoxin:
- Digoxin (89,193 reports)
Common Digoxin side effects:
- Breathing difficulty: 7,143 reports
- Atrial fibrillation/flutter (atrial fibrillation and flutter are abnormal heart rhythms in which the atria, or upper chambers of the heart, are out of sync with the ventricles): 6,449 reports
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 5,981 reports
- Weakness: 5,796 reports
- Hypotension (abnormally low blood pressure): 5,514 reports
Browse all side effects of Digoxin:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Restless leg syndrome treatments and more:
- Restless leg syndrome (44,952 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Restless leg syndrome:
- Restless leg syndrome in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Restless leg syndrome in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Restless leg syndrome in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Restless leg syndrome:
- Aspirin: 988 reports
- Gabapentin: 979 reports
- Fosamax: 892 reports
- Lyrica: 870 reports
- Clopra: 852 reports
- Metoclopramide: 850 reports
- Omeprazole: 848 reports
- Xyrem: 831 reports
- Requip: 829 reports
- Cymbalta: 782 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Restless leg syndrome:
- Restless leg syndrome (2,384 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Restless leg syndrome:
- Depression: 1,613 reports
- Multiple sclerosis: 1,068 reports
- Pain: 978 reports
- Osteoporosis: 948 reports
- High blood pressure: 779 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Restless leg syndrome:
- Restless leg syndrome (1,764 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on digoxin (the active ingredients of Digoxin) and Digoxin (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Nexium vs. Metoclopramide Hydrochloride - 5 seconds ago
- Celebrex and Neoplasm Malignant - 7 seconds ago
- Lotrel vs. Klor-Con M10 - 11 seconds ago
- Docetaxel and Fibrin D Dimer Increased - 12 seconds ago
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease and Neoplasm Malignant - 14 seconds ago
- Methadone Hydrochloride vs. Loratadine - 15 seconds ago
- Multivitamin vs. Mircette - 17 seconds ago
- Benadryl and Celecoxib drug interaction - 19 seconds ago
- Lantus and Robaxin drug interaction - 20 seconds ago
- Paracetamol vs. Oxycodone 5/Apap 500 - 20 seconds ago