Dilantin and Pancreatitis aggravated - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Pancreatitis aggravated is found among people who take Dilantin, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Dilantin and have Pancreatitis aggravated. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 19,856 people who have side effects when taking Dilantin from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
19,856 people reported to have side effects when taking Dilantin.
Among them, 120 people (0.6%) have Pancreatitis aggravated.
What is Dilantin?
Dilantin has active ingredients of phenytoin sodium. It is often used in epilepsy. eHealthMe is studying from 20,840 Dilantin users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Pancreatitis aggravated?
Pancreatitis aggravated (serious inflammation of pancreas) is found to be associated with 1,323 drugs and 402 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Dilantin and Pancreatitis aggravated reports submitted per year:
Time on Dilantin when people have Pancreatitis aggravated *:
Gender of people who have Pancreatitis aggravated when taking Dilantin*:
Age of people who have Pancreatitis aggravated when taking Dilantin *:
Common drugs people take besides Dilantin *:
Common side effects people have besides Pancreatitis aggravated *:
Common conditions people have *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Dilantin and have Pancreatitis aggravated?Check whether Pancreatitis aggravated is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Akasaka E, Kayo SJ, Nakano H, Ishii N, Hashimoto T, Sawamura D, "Diaminodiphenyl Sulfone-Induced Hemolytic Anemia and Alopecia in a Case of Linear IgA Bullous Dermatosis", Case reports in dermatology, 2014 Jan .
How severe was Pancreatitis aggravated and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of phenytoin sodium:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Dilantin:
- Dilantin (20,840 reports)
Common Dilantin side effects:
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 1,181 reports
- Drug ineffective: 1,155 reports
- Weakness: 1,057 reports
- Headache (pain in head): 1,046 reports
- Dizziness: 926 reports
Browse all side effects of Dilantin:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Pancreatitis aggravated treatments and more:
- Pancreatitis aggravated (56 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Pancreatitis aggravated:
- Pancreatitis aggravated in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Pancreatitis aggravated in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Pancreatitis aggravated in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Pancreatitis aggravated:
- Seroquel: 4,892 reports
- Metformin: 4,060 reports
- Januvia: 2,550 reports
- Zyprexa: 2,458 reports
- Prednisone: 2,450 reports
- Victoza: 2,261 reports
- Aspirin: 2,139 reports
- Lisinopril: 2,105 reports
- Methotrexate: 1,732 reports
- Humira: 1,696 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Pancreatitis aggravated:
- Pancreatitis aggravated (1,323 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Pancreatitis aggravated:
- Type 2 diabetes: 5,528 reports
- Diabetes: 2,834 reports
- High blood pressure: 2,685 reports
- Depression: 2,134 reports
- Rheumatoid arthritis: 1,541 reports
- Pain: 1,499 reports
- High blood cholesterol: 1,482 reports
- Crohn's disease: 1,333 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Pancreatitis aggravated:
- Pancreatitis aggravated (402 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on phenytoin sodium (the active ingredients of Dilantin) and Dilantin (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Colchicine and Bleeding Disorders - 8 seconds ago
- Thrombocytopenia and drugs of ingredients of insulin aspart recombinant - 13 seconds ago
- Darvocet and Respiratory Disorder - 19 seconds ago
- Klebsiella Infection and Confusion - 28 seconds ago
- Cycrin and Resorption Bone Increased - 28 seconds ago
- Crohn'S Disease and Hyperoxaluria - 41 seconds ago
- Pioglitazone and Spinal Cord Compression - 44 seconds ago
- Dermatomyositis and Hyperglycemia - 46 seconds ago
- Dexamethasone Suppression Test and Hyperglycemia - 46 seconds ago
- Trelegy Ellipta and Inspiratory Capacity Decreased - 46 seconds ago