Dilantin and Prostate examination abnormal - from FDA reports
Prostate examination abnormal is found among people who take Dilantin, especially for people who are male, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Avodart, and have Pain. This review analyzes which people have Prostate examination abnormal with Dilantin. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 5,738 people who have side effects when taking Dilantin from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Dec, 29, 2017
5,738 people reported to have side effects when taking Dilantin.
Among them, 17 people (0.3%) have Prostate examination abnormal
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Dilantin when people have Prostate examination abnormal *:
- < 1 month: 0.0 %
- 1 - 6 months: 100 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Prostate examination abnormal when taking Dilantin *:
- female: 0.0 %
- male: 100 %
Age of people who have Prostate examination abnormal when taking Dilantin *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 18.18 %
- 50-59: 9.09 %
- 60+: 72.73 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Sleep Disorder (5 people, 29.41%)
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (5 people, 29.41%)
- Pain (5 people, 29.41%)
- Convulsion (3 people, 17.65%)
- Type 2 Diabetes (2 people, 11.76%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Synthroid (6 people, 35.29%)
- Avodart (6 people, 35.29%)
- Zocor (5 people, 29.41%)
- Trazodone Hydrochloride (5 people, 29.41%)
- Enbrel (5 people, 29.41%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Convulsion (11 people, 64.71%)
- Erection Problems (6 people, 35.29%)
- Ventricular Tachycardia (5 people, 29.41%)
- Ventricular Fibrillation (5 people, 29.41%)
- Peripheral Vascular Disorder (5 people, 29.41%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have Prostate examination abnormal when taking Dilantin?
- Check symptoms - is prostate examination abnormal caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a post - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsProstate examination abnormal and drugs with ingredients of phenytoin.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeProstate examination abnormal and Dilantin from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Dilantin has active ingredients of phenytoin. It is often used in generalized tonic-clonic seizure. (latest outcomes from Dilantin 5,893 users)
Prostate examination abnormal
Prostate examination abnormal has been reported by people with erection problems, high blood pressure, enlarged prostate, prostate examination abnormal (latest reports from 26,242 Prostate examination abnormal patients).
Browse all side effects of Dilantina b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with Prostate examination abnormalProstate examination abnormal
Could your condition cause Prostate examination abnormalProstate examination abnormal
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Wandalkar P, Daswani BR, Pandit PT, Ghongane BB, "A case of Phenytoin toxicity", INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF ADVANCES IN PHARMACY, BIOLOGY AND CHEMISTRY, 2014 Jan .
What would happen?
Questions to the study
My dad has been on Dilantin since '74. has not had a seizure in over forty years. Im concerned about what being on dilantin all the years might be needless.The dr. RX Protonix to support healing of the gerd because he suffers very bad acid reflex that is so painful it causes him to think he is ...
User posts to the study
Hi! I've been on Dilantin for almost 30 years and although know/have a lot of the other side effects, never knew that it could cause hair loss. I have been experiencing quite a bit of hair loss lately (a huge amount left at the bottom of the bathtub after every hair wash) and a friend told me ...
Now 72...been taking Dilantin since age 12 and first grand mal seizure.. The last grand mal was in 1963 the Spring before being married! Most were nocturnal, so I was blessed... While in the hospital following surgery, I was given generic Dilantin. I did not have a grand mal seizure, ...