Dilaudid and Stupor - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
We study 93,921 people who have side effects when taking Dilaudid. Stupor is found, especially among people who are female, 40-49 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take Cytoxan and have Breast cancer metastatic.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Dilaudid and have Stupor. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You may use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 700+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
93,921 people reported to have side effects when taking Dilaudid.
Among them, 33 people (0.04%) have Stupor.
What is Dilaudid?
Dilaudid has active ingredients of hydromorphone hydrochloride. It is used in pain. Currently, eHealthMe is studying from 94,864 Dilaudid users.
What is Stupor?
Stupor (lack of critical cognitive function and level of consciousness) is found to be associated with 1,240 drugs and 714 conditions by eHealthMe. Currently, we are studying 5,168 people who have Stupor.
Number of Dilaudid and Stupor reports submitted per year:
Time on Dilaudid when people have Stupor *:
- < 1 month: 100 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Stupor when taking Dilaudid *:
- female: 63.64 %
- male: 36.36 %
Age of people who have Stupor when taking Dilaudid *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 3.7 %
- 20-29: 7.41 %
- 30-39: 3.7 %
- 40-49: 33.33 %
- 50-59: 25.93 %
- 60+: 25.93 %
Common drugs people take besides Dilaudid *:
- Cytoxan: 9 people, 27.27%
- Zyprexa: 8 people, 24.24%
- Taxol: 8 people, 24.24%
- Abraxane: 8 people, 24.24%
- Actiq: 8 people, 24.24%
- Aredia: 8 people, 24.24%
- Avastin: 8 people, 24.24%
- Faslodex: 8 people, 24.24%
- Gemzar: 8 people, 24.24%
- Iressa: 8 people, 24.24%
Common side effects people have besides Stupor *:
- Atelectasis (partial or complete collapse of the lung): 11 people, 33.33%
- General Physical Health Deterioration (weak health status): 10 people, 30.30%
- Pneumonia: 10 people, 30.30%
- Insomnia (sleeplessness): 9 people, 27.27%
- Sepsis (a severe blood infection that can lead to organ failure and death): 9 people, 27.27%
- Intestinal Obstruction: 8 people, 24.24%
- Hepatic Cyst: 8 people, 24.24%
- Inflammation: 8 people, 24.24%
- Intervertebral Disc Protrusion (spinal disc protrusion): 8 people, 24.24%
- Jaw Disorder (jaw disease): 8 people, 24.24%
Common conditions people have *:
- Metastases To Bone (cancer spreads to bone): 8 people, 24.24%
- Depression: 8 people, 24.24%
- Breast Cancer Metastatic: 8 people, 24.24%
- Metastases To Bone Marrow (cancer spreads to bone marrow): 3 people, 9.09%
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (a chronic progressive disease causing inflammation in the joints): 2 people, 6.06%
- Joint Pain: 2 people, 6.06%
- The Flu (the flu is caused by an influenza virus): 1 person, 3.03%
- Sleep Disorder: 1 person, 3.03%
- Post Procedural Pain: 1 person, 3.03%
- Oxygen Saturation Decreased: 1 person, 3.03%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Dilaudid and have Stupor?Check whether Stupor is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Dilaudid side effects by duration, gender and age:
- Dilaudid side effects (94,864 reports)
Stupor treatments and more:
- Stupor (5,168 reports)
Common drugs associated with Stupor:
- Lorazepam: 232 reports
- Prednisone: 184 reports
- Risperdal: 181 reports
- Morphine: 172 reports
- Furosemide: 161 reports
- Omeprazole: 158 reports
- Zyprexa: 155 reports
- Alprazolam: 144 reports
- Risperidone: 141 reports
- Diazepam: 137 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Stupor:
- Stupor (1,240 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Stupor:
- Depression: 293 reports
- Pain: 246 reports
- Schizophrenia: 182 reports
- High blood pressure: 137 reports
- Epilepsy: 112 reports
- Bipolar disorder: 107 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Stupor:
- Stupor (714 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on hydromorphone hydrochloride (the active ingredients of Dilaudid) and Dilaudid (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 700+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Glycopyrrolate and Losartan drug interaction - 5 seconds ago
- Cisplatin and Metoclopramide Hcl drug interaction - 7 seconds ago
- Metoprolol Succinate and Paroxysmal Supraventricular Tachycardia - 13 seconds ago
- Zinc Sulfate and Pulmicort Flexhaler drug interaction - 15 seconds ago
- Metronidazole and Sodium Bicarbonate drug interaction - 20 seconds ago
- Cholestyramine and Bleeding Disorders - 25 seconds ago
- Anaprox and Fainting - 26 seconds ago
- Valproate Sodium and Impulse-Control Disorder - 32 seconds ago
- Calcium and Curosurf drug interaction - 38 seconds ago
- Clexane and Ifosfamide drug interaction - 48 seconds ago