Diltiazem hydrochloride and Thrombocythaemia - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Thrombocythaemia is found among people who take Diltiazem hydrochloride, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 10+ years.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Diltiazem hydrochloride and have Thrombocythaemia. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 10,550 people who have side effects when taking Diltiazem hydrochloride from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
10,550 people reported to have side effects when taking Diltiazem hydrochloride.
Among them, 6 people (0.06%) have Thrombocythaemia.
What is Diltiazem hydrochloride?
Diltiazem hydrochloride has active ingredients of diltiazem hydrochloride. It is often used in high blood pressure. eHealthMe is studying from 11,987 Diltiazem hydrochloride users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Thrombocythaemia?
Thrombocythaemia (an increased number of platelets in the circulating blood) is found to be associated with 811 drugs and 353 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Diltiazem hydrochloride and Thrombocythaemia reports submitted per year:
Time on Diltiazem hydrochloride when people have Thrombocythaemia *:
- < 1 month: 0.0 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 100 %
Gender of people who have Thrombocythaemia when taking Diltiazem hydrochloride *:
- female: 16.67 %
- male: 83.33 %
Age of people who have Thrombocythaemia when taking Diltiazem hydrochloride *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 16.67 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 83.33 %
Common drugs people take besides Diltiazem hydrochloride *:
- Phytonadione: 2 people, 33.33%
- Phenytoin Sodium: 2 people, 33.33%
- Omeprazole: 2 people, 33.33%
- Celebrex: 2 people, 33.33%
- Clopidogrel Bisulfate: 2 people, 33.33%
- Zocor: 1 person, 16.67%
- Enbrel: 1 person, 16.67%
- Agrylin: 1 person, 16.67%
- Albuterol Sulfate: 1 person, 16.67%
- Alprazolam: 1 person, 16.67%
Common side effects people have besides Thrombocythaemia *:
- Stroke (sudden death of a portion of the brain cells due to a lack of oxygen): 2 people, 33.33%
- Carotid Artery Disease: 2 people, 33.33%
- Peripheral Vascular Disorder: 2 people, 33.33%
- Muscle Spasms (muscle contraction): 2 people, 33.33%
- Urine Output - Decreased: 1 person, 16.67%
- Gangrene (body tissue dies): 1 person, 16.67%
- Acute Kidney Failure: 1 person, 16.67%
- Blood Alkaline Phosphatase Increased: 1 person, 16.67%
- Blood Creatine Phosphokinase Increased: 1 person, 16.67%
- Blood Ethanol Increased: 1 person, 16.67%
Common conditions people have *:
- Arthritis (form of joint disorder that involves inflammation of one or more joints): 2 people, 33.33%
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (a chronic progressive disease causing inflammation in the joints): 1 person, 16.67%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Diltiazem hydrochloride and have Thrombocythaemia?Check whether Thrombocythaemia is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Thrombocythaemia and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of diltiazem hydrochloride:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Diltiazem hydrochloride:
- Diltiazem hydrochloride (11,987 reports)
Common Diltiazem hydrochloride side effects:
- Hypotension (abnormally low blood pressure): 949 reports
- Pain: 742 reports
- Breathing difficulty: 711 reports
- Constipation: 607 reports
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 580 reports
- Drug ineffective: 578 reports
- Weakness: 530 reports
Browse all side effects of Diltiazem hydrochloride:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Thrombocythaemia treatments and more:
- Thrombocythaemia (2,542 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Thrombocythaemia:
- Thrombocythaemia in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Thrombocythaemia in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Thrombocythaemia in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Thrombocythaemia:
- Retrovir: 156 reports
- Prednisone: 101 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Thrombocythaemia:
- Thrombocythaemia (811 drugs)
All the conditions that are associated with Thrombocythaemia:
- Thrombocythaemia (353 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on diltiazem hydrochloride (the active ingredients of Diltiazem hydrochloride) and Diltiazem hydrochloride (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Vicodin Es and Carbamazepine drug interaction - now
- Adrenaclick and Albuterol Sulfate drug interaction - a second ago
- Revatio and Red Man Syndrome - 6 seconds ago
- Estrace and Homicidal Ideation - 7 seconds ago
- Bendamustine Hydrochloride and Eyelid Ptosis - 9 seconds ago
- Drooling and drugs of ingredients of duloxetine hydrochloride - 10 seconds ago
- Infection and Blood Phosphorus Decreased - 10 seconds ago
- How effective is Ambien for Restless Leg Syndrome? - 13 seconds ago
- Diphen and Renal Cancer Metastatic - 14 seconds ago
- Para and Parkinson'S Disease Aggravated - 17 seconds ago