Diphen and Morning sickness - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Morning sickness is found among people who take Diphen, especially for people who are 30-39 old.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Diphen and have Morning sickness. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 86,185 people who have side effects when taking Diphen from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
86,185 people reported to have side effects when taking Diphen.
Among them, 13 people (0.02%) have Morning sickness.
What is Diphen?
Diphen has active ingredients of diphenhydramine hydrochloride. eHealthMe is studying from 87,649 Diphen users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Morning sickness?
Morning sickness (sickness in morning during pregnancy) is found to be associated with 336 drugs and 172 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Diphen and Morning sickness reports submitted per year:
Age of people who have Morning sickness when taking Diphen *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 57.14 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 28.57 %
- 60+: 14.29 %
Common drugs people take besides Diphen *:
- Vitamin D3: 6 people, 46.15%
- Magnesium: 6 people, 46.15%
- Synthroid: 6 people, 46.15%
- Zyrtec: 3 people, 23.08%
- Plaquenil: 3 people, 23.08%
- Calcium: 3 people, 23.08%
- Dymista: 3 people, 23.08%
- Effexor: 3 people, 23.08%
- Glutathione: 3 people, 23.08%
- Gravol: 3 people, 23.08%
Common side effects people have besides Morning sickness *:
- Heart Rate Increased: 5 people, 38.46%
- White Blood Cell Count Decreased: 4 people, 30.77%
- Weight Increased: 4 people, 30.77%
- Malaise (a feeling of general discomfort or uneasiness): 3 people, 23.08%
- Drowsiness: 3 people, 23.08%
- Fibula Fracture: 3 people, 23.08%
- Gastric Ulcer (stomach ulcer): 3 people, 23.08%
- Haematuria (presence of blood in urine): 3 people, 23.08%
- Headache (pain in head): 3 people, 23.08%
- Hypotension (abnormally low blood pressure): 3 people, 23.08%
Common conditions people have *:
- Pain: 3 people, 23.08%
- Systemic Lupus Erythematosus (an autoimmune disease, which means the body's immune system mistakenly, attacks healthy tissue): 3 people, 23.08%
- Pneumonia: 3 people, 23.08%
- Pemphigoid (tense blisters on the skin): 3 people, 23.08%
- Immune System Disorder: 3 people, 23.08%
- Neuralgia (pain in one or more nerves): 3 people, 23.08%
- Narcolepsy (brain's inability to regulate sleep-wake cycles normally): 3 people, 23.08%
- Indigestion: 1 person, 7.69%
- Depression: 1 person, 7.69%
- Fluid Retention (an abnormal accumulation of fluid in the blood): 1 person, 7.69%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Diphen and have Morning sickness?Check whether Morning sickness is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Morning sickness and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of diphenhydramine hydrochloride:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Diphen:
- Diphen (87,649 reports)
Common Diphen side effects:
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 8,422 reports
- High blood pressure: 7,919 reports
- Headache (pain in head): 7,440 reports
- Pain: 6,769 reports
- Joint pain: 6,496 reports
- Drug ineffective: 6,251 reports
- Sinusitis (inflammation of sinus): 5,702 reports
Browse all side effects of Diphen:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Morning sickness treatments and more:
- Morning sickness (1,108 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Morning sickness:
- Morning sickness in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Morning sickness in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Morning sickness in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
All the drugs that are associated with Morning sickness:
- Morning sickness (336 drugs)
All the conditions that are associated with Morning sickness:
- Morning sickness (172 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on diphenhydramine hydrochloride (the active ingredients of Diphen) and Diphen (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- How effective is Parnate for Depression Suicidal? - now
- Flagyl and Crohn'S Disease - a second ago
- Finasteride and Painful Respiration - 2 seconds ago
- How effective is Imipramine Hydrochloride for Bedwetting? - 4 seconds ago
- Covera-Hs and Neck Pain - 10 seconds ago
- Mavyret and Abdominal Pain - 22 seconds ago
- How effective is Cardizem Cd for Blood Pressure Management? - 34 seconds ago
- How effective is Metoprolol Tartrate for Angina? - 36 seconds ago
- Haemolytic Uraemic Syndrome and Pulmonary Mycosis - 38 seconds ago
- How effective is Candesartan Cilexetil for Blood Pressure Management? - 40 seconds ago