Diphen and Nail ridging - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Nail ridging is reported only by a few people who take Diphen.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Diphen and have Nail ridging. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 86,185 people who have side effects while taking Diphen from the FDA, and is updated regularly.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
86,185 people reported to have side effects when taking Diphen.
Among them, 1 person (0.0%) has Nail ridging.
What is Diphen?
Diphen has active ingredients of diphenhydramine hydrochloride. eHealthMe is studying from 87,649 Diphen users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Nail ridging?
Nail ridging (nail has raised ridges and is thin and curved inward) is found to be associated with 426 drugs and 283 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Diphen and Nail ridging reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Nail ridging when taking Diphen *:
- female: 0.0 %
- male: 100 %
Age of people who have Nail ridging when taking Diphen *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 100 %
Common drugs people take besides Diphen *:
- Zymar: 1 person, 100.00%
- Lupron: 1 person, 100.00%
- Advil: 1 person, 100.00%
- Aredia: 1 person, 100.00%
- Asa: 1 person, 100.00%
- Cimetidine: 1 person, 100.00%
- Combivent: 1 person, 100.00%
- Flonase: 1 person, 100.00%
- Glucophage: 1 person, 100.00%
- Glucotrol: 1 person, 100.00%
Common side effects people have besides Nail ridging *:
- Vascular Calcification (deposits of calcium in the blood vessels): 1 person, 100.00%
- Hypophagia (reduced food intake): 1 person, 100.00%
- Gait Disturbance: 1 person, 100.00%
- Gallbladder Polyp (growths or lesions resembling growths (polypoid lesions) in the wall of the gallbladder): 1 person, 100.00%
- General Physical Health Deterioration (weak health status): 1 person, 100.00%
- Gynecomastia (enlargement of the gland tissue of the male breast): 1 person, 100.00%
- Haematuria (presence of blood in urine): 1 person, 100.00%
- High Blood Cholesterol: 1 person, 100.00%
- Hyperkeratosis (thickening of the outer layer of the skin): 1 person, 100.00%
- Hypermetabolism (abnormal increase in the body's basal metabolic rate): 1 person, 100.00%
Common conditions people have *:
- Metastases To Bone (cancer spreads to bone): 1 person, 100.00%
- Lung Neoplasm Malignant (cancer tumour of lung): 1 person, 100.00%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Diphen and have Nail ridging?Check whether Nail ridging is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Nail ridging and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of diphenhydramine hydrochloride:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Diphen:
- Diphen (87,649 reports)
Common Diphen side effects:
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 8,422 reports
- High blood pressure: 7,919 reports
- Headache (pain in head): 7,440 reports
- Pain: 6,769 reports
- Joint pain: 6,496 reports
- Drug ineffective: 6,251 reports
- Sinusitis (inflammation of sinus): 5,702 reports
Browse all side effects of Diphen:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Nail ridging treatments and more:
- Nail ridging (424 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Nail ridging:
- Nail ridging in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Nail ridging in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Nail ridging in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
All the drugs that are associated with Nail ridging:
- Nail ridging (426 drugs)
All the conditions that are associated with Nail ridging:
- Nail ridging (283 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on diphenhydramine hydrochloride (the active ingredients of Diphen) and Diphen (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Ezetimibe and Calciparine drug interaction - now
- Flomax and Ashwagandha drug interaction - 4 seconds ago
- Bactrim and Pancreatic Carcinoma - 5 seconds ago
- Bumetanide and Raynaud'S Phenomenon Aggravated - 5 seconds ago
- Isotretinoin and Ectopic Pregnancy - 13 seconds ago
- Eszopiclone and Bethanechol Chloride drug interaction - 18 seconds ago
- Paroxetine and Injection Site Discomfort - 20 seconds ago
- Prefest and Plan B One-Step drug interaction - 20 seconds ago
- Beovu and Dizziness Aggravated - 25 seconds ago
- Sodium Bicarbonate and Inferior Vena Cava Dilatation - 27 seconds ago