Ditropan xl and Parkinson's disease - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Parkinson's disease is reported only by a few people who take Ditropan Xl.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Ditropan xl and have Parkinson's disease. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 2,759 people who have side effects while taking Ditropan xl from the FDA, and is updated regularly.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
2,759 people reported to have side effects when taking Ditropan xl.
Among them, 4 people (0.14%) have Parkinson's disease.
What is Ditropan xl?
Ditropan xl has active ingredients of oxybutynin chloride. It is often used in urge incontinence. eHealthMe is studying from 2,833 Ditropan xl users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Parkinson's disease?
Parkinson's disease is found to be associated with 2,141 drugs and 1,511 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Ditropan xl and Parkinson's disease reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Parkinson's disease when taking Ditropan xl *:
- female: 50 %
- male: 50 %
Age of people who have Parkinson's disease when taking Ditropan xl *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 100 %
Common drugs people take besides Ditropan xl *:
- Aricept: 2 people, 50.00%
- Zoloft: 1 person, 25.00%
- Folic Acid: 1 person, 25.00%
- Donepezil: 1 person, 25.00%
- Duopa: 1 person, 25.00%
- Effexor: 1 person, 25.00%
- Fentanyl: 1 person, 25.00%
- Finasteride: 1 person, 25.00%
- Fluticasone Propionate: 1 person, 25.00%
- Gabapentin: 1 person, 25.00%
Common side effects people have besides Parkinson's disease *:
- Dyskinesia (abnormality or impairment of voluntary movement): 2 people, 50.00%
- Fall: 2 people, 50.00%
- Pain In Extremity: 2 people, 50.00%
- Nausea And Vomiting: 2 people, 50.00%
- Gait Disturbance: 2 people, 50.00%
- Gallstones (stone formation by bile component): 1 person, 25.00%
- Dysphoria (generalized dissatisfaction with life): 1 person, 25.00%
- Emotional Distress: 1 person, 25.00%
- Feeling Hot: 1 person, 25.00%
- Frustration (a form of poorly expressed anger): 1 person, 25.00%
Common conditions people have *:
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (a condition in which stomach contents leak backward from the stomach into the oesophagus): 2 people, 50.00%
- Bladder Disorder: 2 people, 50.00%
- Stable Angina (a constant chest pain): 1 person, 25.00%
- Seizures (abnormal excessive or synchronous neuronal activity in the brain): 1 person, 25.00%
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (a chronic progressive disease causing inflammation in the joints): 1 person, 25.00%
- Prostatic Disorder: 1 person, 25.00%
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 1 person, 25.00%
- Hypothyroidism (abnormally low activity of the thyroid gland, resulting in retardation of growth and mental development): 1 person, 25.00%
- High Blood Pressure: 1 person, 25.00%
- High Blood Cholesterol: 1 person, 25.00%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Ditropan xl and have Parkinson's disease?Check whether Parkinson's disease is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Woulfe JM, Gray MT, Gray DA, Munoz DG, Middeldorp JM, "Hypothesis: a role for EBV-induced molecular mimicry in Parkinson's disease", Parkinsonism & related disorders, 2014 Jul .
How severe was Parkinson's disease and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of oxybutynin chloride:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Ditropan xl:
- Ditropan xl (2,833 reports)
Common Ditropan xl side effects:
- Urinary tract infection: 205 reports
- Weakness: 191 reports
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 183 reports
- Drug ineffective: 180 reports
- Pain: 173 reports
- Depression: 161 reports
Browse all side effects of Ditropan xl:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Parkinson's disease treatments and more:
- Parkinson's disease (125,512 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Parkinson's disease:
- Parkinson's disease in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Parkinson's disease in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Parkinson's disease in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Parkinson's disease:
- Sinemet: 1,834 reports
- Nuplazid: 1,323 reports
- Aspirin: 1,276 reports
- Clopra: 1,069 reports
- Metoclopramide: 1,069 reports
- Abilify: 871 reports
- Risperidone: 791 reports
- Omeprazole: 781 reports
- Clonazepam: 749 reports
- Seroquel: 739 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Parkinson's disease:
- Parkinson's disease (2,141 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Parkinson's disease:
- Depression: 1,536 reports
- High blood pressure: 1,074 reports
- Schizophrenia: 904 reports
- Hallucinations: 789 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Parkinson's disease:
- Parkinson's disease (1,511 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on oxybutynin chloride (the active ingredients of Ditropan xl) and Ditropan xl (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Humira and Rashes - 23 seconds ago
- Cefuroxime and Mood Swings - 37 seconds ago
- Lotrel vs. Benicar - a minute ago
- Clomipramine Hydrochloride and Dementia - a minute ago
- Faslodex and Unasyn drug interaction - a minute ago
- Breo Ellipta and Dysphagia Aggravated - a minute ago
- Paroxetine and Withdrawal Syndrome - 2 minutes ago
- Univasc and Taste Disturbance - 2 minutes ago
- Celestone and Eosinophilia - 2 minutes ago
- Sertraline and Mydriasis - 2 minutes ago