Ditropan and Neuralgia - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Neuralgia is found among people who take Ditropan, especially for people who are female, 60+ old.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Ditropan and have Neuralgia. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 11,049 people who have side effects when taking Ditropan from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
11,049 people reported to have side effects when taking Ditropan.
Among them, 29 people (0.26%) have Neuralgia.
What is Ditropan?
Ditropan has active ingredients of oxybutynin chloride. It is often used in urge incontinence. eHealthMe is studying from 11,271 Ditropan users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Neuralgia?
Neuralgia (pain in one or more nerves) is found to be associated with 2,187 drugs and 1,650 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Ditropan and Neuralgia reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Neuralgia when taking Ditropan *:
- female: 82.76 %
- male: 17.24 %
Age of people who have Neuralgia when taking Ditropan *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 14.81 %
- 40-49: 25.93 %
- 50-59: 25.93 %
- 60+: 33.33 %
Common drugs people take besides Ditropan *:
- Avonex: 9 people, 31.03%
- Neurontin: 7 people, 24.14%
- Celebrex: 7 people, 24.14%
- Benadryl: 6 people, 20.69%
- Baclofen: 6 people, 20.69%
- Protonix: 6 people, 20.69%
- Alphagan: 4 people, 13.79%
- Benicar: 4 people, 13.79%
- Maxalt: 4 people, 13.79%
- Aspirin: 4 people, 13.79%
Common side effects people have besides Neuralgia *:
- Headache (pain in head): 8 people, 27.59%
- Swallowing Difficulty: 7 people, 24.14%
- Drug Ineffective: 7 people, 24.14%
- Fall: 5 people, 17.24%
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 4 people, 13.79%
- Nausea And Vomiting: 4 people, 13.79%
- Eye Pain: 4 people, 13.79%
- Photopsia (presence of perceived flashes of light): 4 people, 13.79%
- Neurogenic Bladder (the normal function of the bladder is to store and empty urine in a coordinated, controlled fashion): 4 people, 13.79%
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 4 people, 13.79%
Common conditions people have *:
- Stress And Anxiety: 7 people, 24.14%
- Multiple Sclerosis (a nervous system disease that affects your brain and spinal cord. it damages the myelin sheath): 6 people, 20.69%
- Depression: 5 people, 17.24%
- Sleep Disorder: 3 people, 10.34%
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (a condition in which stomach contents leak backward from the stomach into the oesophagus): 3 people, 10.34%
- Pain: 3 people, 10.34%
- Urine Abnormality: 2 people, 6.90%
- Back Pain: 2 people, 6.90%
- Bladder Disorder: 2 people, 6.90%
- Diabetes: 2 people, 6.90%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Ditropan and have Neuralgia?Check whether Neuralgia is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Neuralgia and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of oxybutynin chloride:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Ditropan:
- Ditropan (11,271 reports)
Common Ditropan side effects:
- Weakness: 797 reports
- Urinary tract infection: 792 reports
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 753 reports
- Drug ineffective: 639 reports
- Pain: 617 reports
- Headache (pain in head): 616 reports
- Dizziness: 574 reports
Browse all side effects of Ditropan:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Neuralgia treatments and more:
- Neuralgia (72,579 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Neuralgia:
- Neuralgia in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Neuralgia in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Neuralgia in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Neuralgia:
- Lyrica: 2,878 reports
- Gabapentin: 2,045 reports
- Prednisone: 1,560 reports
- Aspirin: 1,218 reports
- Methotrexate: 1,162 reports
- Humira: 1,018 reports
- Omeprazole: 990 reports
- Neurontin: 978 reports
- Vitamin d: 929 reports
- Lisinopril: 823 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Neuralgia:
- Neuralgia (2,187 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Neuralgia:
- Multiple sclerosis: 2,721 reports
- Rheumatoid arthritis: 1,787 reports
- Pain: 1,661 reports
- High blood pressure: 1,096 reports
- Multiple myeloma: 920 reports
- Osteoporosis: 825 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Neuralgia:
- Neuralgia (1,650 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on oxybutynin chloride (the active ingredients of Ditropan) and Ditropan (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Herpes Simplex and Crohn'S Disease - 6 seconds ago
- Nystatin and Clobetasol Propionate drug interaction - 34 seconds ago
- Calcium D - Glucarate vs. Calcium Carbonate, Famotidine And Magnesium Hydroxide - 36 seconds ago
- Mucinex Dm and Clarithromycin drug interaction - 55 seconds ago
- Mercaptopurine and Psoriasis - a minute ago
- Warfarin Sodium and Tamsulosin drug interaction - a minute ago
- Propylthiouracil and Urinary Tract Infection - a minute ago
- Heart Palpitations in Colace, how severe and when it was recovered? - a minute ago
- Tamsulosin and Morphine drug interaction - a minute ago
- Tamsulosin and Modafinil drug interaction - a minute ago