Divalproex sodium and Ankylosing spondylitis - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Ankylosing spondylitis is reported only by a few people who take Divalproex Sodium.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Divalproex sodium and have Ankylosing spondylitis. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 8,223 people who have side effects while taking Divalproex sodium from the FDA, and is updated regularly.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
8,223 people reported to have side effects when taking Divalproex sodium.
Among them, 2 people (0.02%) have Ankylosing spondylitis.
What is Divalproex sodium?
Divalproex sodium has active ingredients of divalproex sodium. It is often used in epilepsy. eHealthMe is studying from 8,408 Divalproex sodium users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Ankylosing spondylitis?
Ankylosing spondylitis (type of arthritis affecting the spine) is found to be associated with 1,621 drugs and 952 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Divalproex sodium and Ankylosing spondylitis reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Ankylosing spondylitis when taking Divalproex sodium *:
- female: 100 %
- male: 0.0 %
Common drugs people take besides Divalproex sodium *:
- Zoloft: 1 person, 50.00%
- Norco: 1 person, 50.00%
- Celecoxib: 1 person, 50.00%
- Clopidogrel: 1 person, 50.00%
- Dexilant: 1 person, 50.00%
- Diclofenac: 1 person, 50.00%
- Famotidine: 1 person, 50.00%
- Fluorouracil: 1 person, 50.00%
- Prednisone: 1 person, 50.00%
- Zetia: 1 person, 50.00%
Common side effects people have besides Ankylosing spondylitis *:
- Maternal Exposure During Pregnancy (use of substance during pregnancy): 1 person, 50.00%
- Maternal Exposure Before Pregnancy (use of substance before pregnancy): 1 person, 50.00%
- Hepatic Enzyme Increased: 1 person, 50.00%
- Arthritis (form of joint disorder that involves inflammation of one or more joints): 1 person, 50.00%
- Abortion Spontaneous (naturally occurring miscarriage): 1 person, 50.00%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Divalproex sodium and have Ankylosing spondylitis?Check whether Ankylosing spondylitis is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Hung YM, Cheng CC, Wann SR, Lin SL, "Ankylosing spondylitis associated with pulmonary arterial hypertension", Internal Medicine, 2016 Jan .
How severe was Ankylosing spondylitis and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of divalproex sodium:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Divalproex sodium:
- Divalproex sodium (8,408 reports)
Common Divalproex sodium side effects:
- Drug ineffective: 517 reports
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 403 reports
- High blood pressure: 286 reports
- Tremor (trembling or shaking movements in one or more parts of your body): 279 reports
- Seizures (abnormal excessive or synchronous neuronal activity in the brain): 277 reports
- Diarrhea: 250 reports
- Weakness: 244 reports
Browse all side effects of Divalproex sodium:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Ankylosing spondylitis treatments and more:
- Ankylosing spondylitis (122,111 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Ankylosing spondylitis:
- Ankylosing spondylitis in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Ankylosing spondylitis in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Ankylosing spondylitis in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Ankylosing spondylitis:
- Humira: 3,376 reports
- Enbrel: 2,848 reports
- Cosentyx: 2,066 reports
- Methotrexate: 2,060 reports
- Celebrex: 1,146 reports
- Remicade: 1,064 reports
- Prednisone: 1,035 reports
- Simponi: 991 reports
- Sulfasalazine: 892 reports
- Cimzia: 872 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Ankylosing spondylitis:
- Ankylosing spondylitis (1,621 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Ankylosing spondylitis:
All the conditions that are associated with Ankylosing spondylitis:
- Ankylosing spondylitis (952 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on divalproex sodium (the active ingredients of Divalproex sodium) and Divalproex sodium (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Cymbalta and Sedation - 5 seconds ago
- Fingolimod Hydrochloride and Abdominal Discomfort - 6 seconds ago
- Padcev and Kidney Infection (Pyelonephritis) - 11 seconds ago
- Mirena and Dermatitis Acneiform - 11 seconds ago
- Vesicare and Floppy Iris Syndrome - 16 seconds ago
- Coffee and Tremor - 19 seconds ago
- Raloxifene Hydrochloride and Fever - 25 seconds ago
- How effective is Janumet for Diabetes Mellitus Non Insulin-Dependent? - 26 seconds ago
- Solifenacin Succinate and Pain In Extremity - 29 seconds ago
- Fluvastatin Sodium vs. Norvasc - 44 seconds ago