Docetaxel and Urinary retention - from FDA reports
Urinary retention is found among people who take Docetaxel, especially for people who are male, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Dexamethasone, and have Prostate cancer. This review analyzes which people have Urinary retention with Docetaxel. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 20,808 people who have side effects when taking Docetaxel from FDA , and is updated regularly.
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our original studies have been referenced on 400+ peer-reviewed medical publications, including: The Lancet, and Mayo Clinic Proceedings.
20,808 people reported to have side effects when taking Docetaxel.
Among them, 81 people (0.39%) have Urinary retention
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Docetaxel when people have Urinary retention *:
- < 1 month: 52.63 %
- 1 - 6 months: 34.21 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 13.16 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Urinary retention when taking Docetaxel *:
- female: 43.59 %
- male: 56.41 %
Age of people who have Urinary retention when taking Docetaxel *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 4.48 %
- 40-49: 2.99 %
- 50-59: 28.36 %
- 60+: 64.18 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Prostate Cancer: 20 people, 24.69%
- Breast Cancer: 15 people, 18.52%
- Metastases To Bone (cancer spreads to bone): 10 people, 12.35%
- Preventive Health Care: 6 people, 7.41%
- Prostate Cancer Metastatic: 5 people, 6.17%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Dexamethasone: 16 people, 19.75%
- Carboplatin: 15 people, 18.52%
- Zofran: 11 people, 13.58%
- Zoledronic Acid: 9 people, 11.11%
- Zoladex: 9 people, 11.11%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Constipation: 30 people, 37.04%
- Fever: 16 people, 19.75%
- Diarrhea: 15 people, 18.52%
- Anaemia (lack of blood): 14 people, 17.28%
- Hypotension (abnormally low blood pressure): 13 people, 16.05%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you take Docetaxel and have Urinary retention?
- Check whether a drug or a condition causes Urinary retention
- Predict new side effects and undetected conditions
- Share you experience to help people like you
We suggest these affordable tests for self monitoring. You can order them and receive results on eHealthMe. No doctor referral or insurance necessary.
- Cbc (includes differential and platelets) ($32.00) Add to cart
- Ferritin, serum ($44.00) Add to cart
- Iron and total iron-binding capacity (tibc) ($41.00) Add to cart
- Iron, serum ($32.00) Add to cart
- Urinalysis, complete with microscopic examination ($39.00) Add to cart
Docetaxel has active ingredients of docetaxel. (latest outcomes from Docetaxel 20,862 users)
Urinary retention (the inability to completely or partially empty the bladder) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, high blood pressure, depression, pain, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (latest reports from 22,534 Urinary retention patients).
Drugs that are associated with Urinary retentionUrinary retention (1,974 drugs)
Could your condition cause Urinary retentionUrinary retention (1,459 conditions)
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsUrinary retention and drugs with ingredients of docetaxel. (260 reports)
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeUrinary retention and Docetaxel from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Docetaxel side effects
- Docetaxel side effects (20,821 reports)
Browse all side effects of Docetaxela b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Schattner A, Al-Bewerat A, "Levetiracetam (Keppra), urinary retention and literature search", A fatty cause of renal failure; what is your diagnosis?, 2016 Oct .
- Byun JS, Kang SH, Lee MJ, Kim SY, Choi HG, Lee HR, "A Case of Scleroderma-like Cutaneous Lesions Induced by Docetaxel in a Patient with Breast Cancer", Journal of Rheumatic Diseases, 2013 Oct .
Analysis tools (to study 684 million drug outcomes from FDA)
- Check symptoms - identify the cause of a symptom: from a drug or from a condition?
- Check drugs - find out common side effects or drug interactions of my drugs.
- Compare drugs - compare the side effects and efficacy of multiple drugs side by side.
What would happen?
You are not alone. Join our personalized support groups:
- Support group for people who take Docetaxel and have Urinary Retention
- Support group for people who have Urinary Retention
- Support group for people who take Docetaxel
Can you answer these questions
- My older sister who is 21 y.o. Has been having bladder retention and most of the time when this occurs she has seizures. The doctors don't know what is going on with her and it is getting worse and worse. I would really love to talk to someone about this because I want to find out what's wrong...
- No urine is passing out. Taken water more than adequate. But still two three drops are passing
- Hello folks, I have take taken 4 lopermide tablets in a day to stop diarrhoea. After three days, I have got urinary retention and doctors used catheter to empty my bladder. How long it will take for my bladder to operate as usual? Is there any data on time to recover ? Thanks.
- I had the green light laser surgery for BPH. When cath was removed I peed OK but it degraded to my having to bear down to finish. It degenerated to my having to bear down to get any urine out at all even of incomplete voiding. Had to be re-cathed at an ER. My doc prescribed Bethanechol 25 mg...
- Take one 50 mg-12.5 Hyzar per day. Urologist has just prescribed Flomax -one per day to address situation of mild urinary retention. Concern relates to the fact that Hyzar also is a diuretic. Also Flomax has been connected with kidney problems over the long run.
You may be interested in these posts
- I have experienced tachycardia on the slightest exersion since 1st dose doxatacel ( on Fec t regime for breast cancer) however this is being dismissed as anxiety though this was not an issue prior to doxatacel. This also seems to make me feel shaky and breathless on slight excersion. Has any...
- Variable. Once in a while I can pee copiously, then it's a struggle for several days
- For the past 3 years I've suffered from a condition without apparently a name. I do have an enlarged prostate and occasionally have problems urinating, but the condition I'm referring to is much more troublesome than this. It invariably occurs in the wee hours of the morning. I wake from...
- Hello, I'm am 36 and 14 weeks pregnant with my scenting child. On Monday I developed acute urine retention. I was catheterised and had to go back to hospital the following day to have it removed. I passed urine no problem for the next two days. However, very early Thursday morning I couldn't...
- Hi! I have a daughter that’s on onfi and having problems with her urine. Any suggestions
- Will you have Vaginal Fistula with Plaquenil?
- Will you have Femorocele with Augmentin?
- Will you have Enteromerocele with Augmentin?
- Will you have Crural Hernia with Augmentin?
- Will you have Femoral Hernia with Augmentin?
Active Support Groups
- Support group for people who take Plaquenil and have Vaginal Fistula?
- Support group for people who take Augmentin and have Femorocele?
- Support group for people who take Augmentin and have Enteromerocele?
- Support group for people who take Augmentin and have Crural Hernia?
- Support group for people who take Augmentin and have Femoral Hernia?
- What to expect when you take Plaquenil and have Vaginal Fistula?
- What to expect when you take Augmentin and have Femorocele?
- What to expect when you take Augmentin and have Enteromerocele?
- What to expect when you take Augmentin and have Crural Hernia?
- What to expect when you take Augmentin and have Femoral Hernia?
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.