Docetaxel and Urinary retention - from FDA reports
Urinary retention is found among people who take Docetaxel, especially for people who are male, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Dexamethasone, and have Prostate cancer. This review analyzes which people have Urinary retention with Docetaxel. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 20,808 people who have side effects when taking Docetaxel from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Jan, 14, 2018
20,808 people reported to have side effects when taking Docetaxel.
Among them, 81 people (0.39%) have Urinary retention
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Docetaxel when people have Urinary retention *:
- < 1 month: 52.63 %
- 1 - 6 months: 34.21 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 13.16 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Urinary retention when taking Docetaxel *:
- female: 43.59 %
- male: 56.41 %
Age of people who have Urinary retention when taking Docetaxel *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 4.48 %
- 40-49: 2.99 %
- 50-59: 28.36 %
- 60+: 64.18 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Prostate Cancer (20 people, 24.69%)
- Breast Cancer (15 people, 18.52%)
- Metastases To Bone (10 people, 12.35%)
- Preventive Health Care (6 people, 7.41%)
- Prostate Cancer Metastatic (5 people, 6.17%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Dexamethasone (16 people, 19.75%)
- Carboplatin (15 people, 18.52%)
- Zofran (11 people, 13.58%)
- Zoledronic Acid (9 people, 11.11%)
- Zoladex (9 people, 11.11%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Constipation (30 people, 37.04%)
- Fever (16 people, 19.75%)
- Diarrhea (15 people, 18.52%)
- Anaemia (14 people, 17.28%)
- Hypotension (13 people, 16.05%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have Urinary retention when taking Docetaxel?
- Check symptoms - is urinary retention caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a post - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsUrinary retention and drugs with ingredients of docetaxel.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeUrinary retention and Docetaxel from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Docetaxel has active ingredients of docetaxel. (latest outcomes from Docetaxel 20,862 users)
Urinary retention (the inability to completely or partially empty the bladder) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, high blood pressure, depression, pain, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (latest reports from 22,533 Urinary retention patients).
Browse all side effects of Docetaxela b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with Urinary retentionUrinary retention
Could your condition cause Urinary retentionUrinary retention
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Schattner A, Al-Bewerat A, "Levetiracetam (Keppra), urinary retention and literature search", A fatty cause of renal failure; what is your diagnosis?, 2016 Oct .
- Byun JS, Kang SH, Lee MJ, Kim SY, Choi HG, Lee HR, "A Case of Scleroderma-like Cutaneous Lesions Induced by Docetaxel in a Patient with Breast Cancer", Journal of Rheumatic Diseases, 2013 Oct .
What would happen?
Questions to the study
My older sister who is 21 y.o. Has been having bladder retention and most of the time when this occurs she has seizures. The doctors don't know what is going on with her and it is getting worse and worse. I would really love to talk to someone about this because I want to find out what's wrong ...
Hello folks, I have take taken 4 lopermide tablets in a day to stop diarrhoea. After three days, I have got urinary retention and doctors used catheter to empty my bladder. How long it will take for my bladder to operate as usual? Is there any data on time to recover ? Thanks.
I had the green light laser surgery for BPH. When cath was removed I peed OK but it degraded to my having to bear down to finish. It degenerated to my having to bear down to get any urine out at all even of incomplete voiding. Had to be re-cathed at an ER. My doc prescribed Bethanechol 25 mg ...
Take one 50 mg-12.5 Hyzar per day. Urologist has just prescribed Flomax -one per day to address situation of mild urinary retention. Concern relates to the fact that Hyzar also is a diuretic. Also Flomax has been connected with kidney problems over the long run.
User posts to the study
Hi my name is Mackenzie I am 20 years old. I have been on Keppra for a little over a year and just started Zonegran about 2 months, and since the start of it i have been in pain after urinating! I went to the dr so many but finally found this website of others going through the same problem.
I have been taking Gabapentin for about a year now for chronic back and joint pain. I have noticed in the last 6 months I'm having difficulty urinating. Can't seem to ending my bladder enough while sitting on the toilet. I know this sound rude, but while standing in the shower seems to be the ...