Donepezil and Application site pruritus - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Application site pruritus is found among people who take Donepezil, especially for people who are female, 60+ old.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Donepezil and have Application site pruritus. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 20,120 people who have side effects when taking Donepezil from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
20,120 people reported to have side effects when taking Donepezil.
Among them, 11 people (0.05%) have Application site pruritus.
What is Donepezil?
Donepezil has active ingredients of donepezil hydrochloride. It is often used in dementia. eHealthMe is studying from 18,235 Donepezil users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Application site pruritus?
Application site pruritus (application site severe itching of the skin) is found to be associated with 1,013 drugs and 798 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Donepezil and Application site pruritus reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Application site pruritus when taking Donepezil *:
- female: 72.73 %
- male: 27.27 %
Age of people who have Application site pruritus when taking Donepezil *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 14.29 %
- 60+: 85.71 %
Common drugs people take besides Donepezil *:
- Exelon: 3 people, 27.27%
- Oxytrol For Women: 2 people, 18.18%
- Asa: 2 people, 18.18%
- Aspirin: 2 people, 18.18%
- Omega-3 Marine Triglycerides: 2 people, 18.18%
- Meclizine: 1 person, 9.09%
- Magnesium: 1 person, 9.09%
- Lipitor: 1 person, 9.09%
- Lexapro: 1 person, 9.09%
- Januvia: 1 person, 9.09%
Common side effects people have besides Application site pruritus *:
- Application Site Erythema (redness of the skin at application site): 3 people, 27.27%
- Weight Decreased: 2 people, 18.18%
- Hallucinations (sensations that appear real but are created by your mind): 2 people, 18.18%
- Nausea And Vomiting: 2 people, 18.18%
- Application Site Vesicles (small bubble within a cell at application site): 2 people, 18.18%
- Application Site Hypersensitivity: 2 people, 18.18%
- Application Site Rash: 2 people, 18.18%
- Application Site Discoloration: 1 person, 9.09%
- Appetite - Decreased (decreased appetite occurs when you have a reduced desire to eat): 1 person, 9.09%
- Application Site Irritation: 1 person, 9.09%
Common conditions people have *:
- Parkinson's Disease: 2 people, 18.18%
- Memory Loss: 2 people, 18.18%
- Urinary Incontinence (inability to control the flow of urine and involuntary urination): 1 person, 9.09%
- Stroke (sudden death of a portion of the brain cells due to a lack of oxygen): 1 person, 9.09%
- Sleep Disorder: 1 person, 9.09%
- Seizures (abnormal excessive or synchronous neuronal activity in the brain): 1 person, 9.09%
- Quit Smoking: 1 person, 9.09%
- Itching: 1 person, 9.09%
- Hypertonic Bladder (bladder-storage function that causes a sudden urge to urinate): 1 person, 9.09%
- Hot Flush (sudden feelings of heat): 1 person, 9.09%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Donepezil and have Application site pruritus?Check whether Application site pruritus is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Application site pruritus and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of donepezil hydrochloride:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Donepezil:
- Donepezil (18,235 reports)
Common Donepezil side effects:
Browse all side effects of Donepezil:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Application site pruritus treatments and more:
- Application site pruritus (20,377 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Application site pruritus:
- Application site pruritus in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Application site pruritus in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Application site pruritus in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Application site pruritus:
All the drugs that are associated with Application site pruritus:
- Application site pruritus (1,013 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Application site pruritus:
All the conditions that are associated with Application site pruritus:
- Application site pruritus (798 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on donepezil hydrochloride (the active ingredients of Donepezil) and Donepezil (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Divalproex and Foot Deformity - 4 seconds ago
- Ondansetron and Depressed Mood - 6 seconds ago
- Taztia Xt vs. Adalat - 10 seconds ago
- Arava and Reglan drug interaction - 12 seconds ago
- Tessalon and Movement - Uncontrolled Or Slow - 24 seconds ago
- Calan and Feeling Drunk - 26 seconds ago
- Cytomel and Skin Tightness - 42 seconds ago
- Rashes and Type Iv Hypersensitivity Reaction - 54 seconds ago
- Xeljanz and Full Blood Count Decreased - a minute ago
- Ondansetron and Nervous System Disorder - a minute ago