Dopamine hydrochloride and Thrombocytopenia - from FDA reports
Thrombocytopenia is found among people who take Dopamine hydrochloride, especially for people who are male, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Furosemide, and have Preventive health care. This review analyzes which people have Thrombocytopenia with Dopamine hydrochloride. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 1,251 people who have side effects when taking Dopamine hydrochloride from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Dec, 13, 2017
1,251 people reported to have side effects when taking Dopamine hydrochloride.
Among them, 130 people (10.39%) have Thrombocytopenia
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Dopamine hydrochloride when people have Thrombocytopenia *:
- < 1 month: 81.48 %
- 1 - 6 months: 18.52 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Thrombocytopenia when taking Dopamine hydrochloride *:
- female: 48.8 %
- male: 51.2 %
Age of people who have Thrombocytopenia when taking Dopamine hydrochloride *:
- 0-1: 1.67 %
- 2-9: 12.5 %
- 10-19: 0.83 %
- 20-29: 5.83 %
- 30-39: 1.67 %
- 40-49: 7.5 %
- 50-59: 22.5 %
- 60+: 47.5 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Preventive Health Care (11 people, 8.46%)
- Multiple Myeloma (9 people, 6.92%)
- Primary Pulmonary Hypertension (6 people, 4.62%)
- Infection (5 people, 3.85%)
- Fungal Infection (5 people, 3.85%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Furosemide (26 people, 20.00%)
- Lasix (23 people, 17.69%)
- Famotidine (16 people, 12.31%)
- Prednisolone (15 people, 11.54%)
- Methylprednisolone Sodium Succinate (13 people, 10.00%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Haemoglobin Decreased (30 people, 23.08%)
- Multi-Organ Failure (18 people, 13.85%)
- Disseminated Intravascular Coagulation (18 people, 13.85%)
- Red Blood Cell Count Decreased (17 people, 13.08%)
- Anaemia (17 people, 13.08%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have Thrombocytopenia when taking Dopamine hydrochloride?
- Check symptoms - is thrombocytopenia caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsThrombocytopenia and drugs with ingredients of dopamine hydrochloride.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeThrombocytopenia and Dopamine hydrochloride from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Dopamine hydrochloride has active ingredients of dopamine hydrochloride. It is often used in parkinson's disease. (latest outcomes from Dopamine hydrochloride 1,277 users)
Thrombocytopenia (decrease of platelets in blood) has been reported by people with multiple myeloma, hepatitis c, high blood pressure, preventive health care, pain (latest reports from 144,868 Thrombocytopenia patients).
Browse all side effects of Dopamine hydrochloridea b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with ThrombocytopeniaThrombocytopenia
Could your condition cause ThrombocytopeniaThrombocytopenia
What would happen?
Questions to the study
My Doctor told me I have low vitamin D and he also has me on Crestor 5 mg once a day, also knows I take ibuprofen for pain. Also low Vitamin B history. Blood work just done had platelets 134 then repeat came in at 100. Said I need to see hematologist for low platelets. Never said to stop ...
User reviews to the study
I am a 17 year old male with NF1. I have an optic glioma that limits my field of vision in my left eye and leaves my right eye with only light and dark. I have had chemo and radiation to treat my glioma when I was 6 and 12 when the tumor grew. I also have allergies and asthma. My ITP ...
Surprised to just find out today that having taken Prodaxa for a numbe of years my platelet count has continued to decrease. I am concerned about the MDS that is associated with the symptoms. Any suggestions appreciated
Hi I'm 68, male and live in London. I am recently diagnosed with thrombocytopenia and have been taking Sinemet with Ropinerole for two years. Prior to that I took only Ropinerole. (For PD). I strongly suspect that the thrombocytopenia and Sinemet are linked but my doctors are sceptical. I have ...