Doryx and Chronic kidney disease - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
We study 692 people who have side effects when taking Doryx. Chronic kidney disease is found, especially among people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take Prilosec and have Gastroesophageal reflux disease.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Doryx and have Chronic kidney disease. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You may use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 700+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
692 people reported to have side effects when taking Doryx.
Among them, 13 people (1.88%) have Chronic kidney disease.
What is Doryx?
Doryx has active ingredients of doxycycline hyclate. It is used in acne. Currently, eHealthMe is studying from 895 Doryx users.
What is Chronic kidney disease?
Chronic kidney disease is found to be associated with 2,626 drugs and 1,253 conditions by eHealthMe. Currently, we are studying 140,787 people who have Chronic kidney disease.
Number of Doryx and Chronic kidney disease reports submitted per year:
Time on Doryx when people have Chronic kidney disease *:
- < 1 month: 100 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Chronic kidney disease when taking Doryx *:
- female: 50 %
- male: 50 %
Age of people who have Chronic kidney disease when taking Doryx *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 42.86 %
- 60+: 57.14 %
Common drugs people take besides Doryx *:
- Prilosec: 13 people, 100.00%
- Nexium 24hr: 12 people, 92.31%
- Nexium: 11 people, 84.62%
- Prinivil: 11 people, 84.62%
- Protonix: 11 people, 84.62%
- Keflex: 11 people, 84.62%
- Zantac: 10 people, 76.92%
- Prevacid: 10 people, 76.92%
- Zithromax: 10 people, 76.92%
- Bactrim: 9 people, 69.23%
Common side effects people have besides Chronic kidney disease *:
- Interstitial Nephritis (inflammation of the kidney): 7 people, 53.85%
- Renal Atrophy (wasting of kidney): 6 people, 46.15%
- Acute Kidney Failure: 6 people, 46.15%
- Indigestion: 4 people, 30.77%
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (a condition in which stomach contents leak backward from the stomach into the oesophagus): 4 people, 30.77%
- Fistula (an abnormal connection or passageway between two): 4 people, 30.77%
- Inflammation: 2 people, 15.38%
- Infection: 2 people, 15.38%
Common conditions people have *:
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (a condition in which stomach contents leak backward from the stomach into the oesophagus): 12 people, 92.31%
- Pain: 6 people, 46.15%
- High Blood Pressure: 3 people, 23.08%
- Migraine (headache): 2 people, 15.38%
- High Blood Cholesterol: 2 people, 15.38%
- Urinary Tract Infection: 2 people, 15.38%
- Infection: 2 people, 15.38%
- Depression: 2 people, 15.38%
- Gout (uric acid crystals building up in the body): 2 people, 15.38%
- Osteoarthritis (a joint disease caused by cartilage loss in a joint): 2 people, 15.38%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Doryx and have Chronic kidney disease?Check whether Chronic kidney disease is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Aalaei-Andabili, S. H., Umer, M., & Keeley, E. C., "An Adult Woman With Stage 4 Chronic Kidney Disease and a Diffuse Rash", JAMA cardiology, 2019 Jan .
Doryx side effects by duration, gender and age:
- Doryx side effects (895 reports)
Chronic kidney disease treatments and more:
- Chronic kidney disease (140,787 reports)
Common drugs associated with Chronic kidney disease:
- Nexium: 60,817 reports
- Prevacid: 54,179 reports
- Prilosec: 51,820 reports
- Protonix: 41,674 reports
- Nexium 24hr: 32,372 reports
- Prilosec otc: 28,446 reports
- Dexilant: 26,802 reports
- Prevacid 24 hr: 25,131 reports
- Omeprazole: 19,690 reports
- Truvada: 15,734 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Chronic kidney disease:
- Chronic kidney disease (2,626 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Chronic kidney disease:
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease: 33,556 reports
- Hiv infection: 19,390 reports
- High blood pressure: 12,739 reports
- Pain: 12,003 reports
- High blood cholesterol: 9,323 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Chronic kidney disease:
- Chronic kidney disease (1,253 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on doxycycline hyclate (the active ingredients of Doryx) and Doryx (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 700+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Depakene and Anorexia - 13 seconds ago
- Strattera and Qsymia drug interaction - 27 seconds ago
- Vitamin C and Cyst - 31 seconds ago
- Metoprolol Tartrate and Biopsy Mucosa Abnormal - 36 seconds ago
- Effexor and Bone Disorder - a minute ago
- Augmentin '125' and Erbitux drug interaction - a minute ago
- Pradaxa and Zejula drug interaction - a minute ago
- Tirosint and Estrace drug interaction - 2 minutes ago
- Neosporin and Application Site Pain - 2 minutes ago
- Vistaril and Tramadol drug interaction - 2 minutes ago