Dostinex and Mouth ulcers - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Mouth ulcers is found among people who take Dostinex, especially for people who are female, 60+ old.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Dostinex and have Mouth ulcers. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 2,627 people who have side effects when taking Dostinex from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
2,627 people reported to have side effects when taking Dostinex.
Among them, 6 people (0.23%) have Mouth ulcers.
What is Dostinex?
Dostinex has active ingredients of cabergoline. It is often used in prolactinoma. eHealthMe is studying from 2,769 Dostinex users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Mouth ulcers?
Mouth ulcers is found to be associated with 2,572 drugs and 1,988 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Dostinex and Mouth ulcers reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Mouth ulcers when taking Dostinex *:
- female: 60 %
- male: 40 %
Age of people who have Mouth ulcers when taking Dostinex *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 40 %
- 40-49: 20 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 40 %
Common drugs people take besides Dostinex *:
- Zovirax: 2 people, 33.33%
- Hydrocortisone: 2 people, 33.33%
- Amaryl: 2 people, 33.33%
- Aredia: 2 people, 33.33%
- Aspirin: 2 people, 33.33%
- Avandia: 2 people, 33.33%
- Calcitriol: 2 people, 33.33%
- Calcium: 2 people, 33.33%
- Casodex: 2 people, 33.33%
- Celebrex: 2 people, 33.33%
Common side effects people have besides Mouth ulcers *:
- Breathing Difficulty: 4 people, 66.67%
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 3 people, 50.00%
- Weakness: 3 people, 50.00%
- Weight Increased: 2 people, 33.33%
- Depression: 2 people, 33.33%
- Feeding Disorder (when children refuse to eat certain food groups): 2 people, 33.33%
- Eye Pruritus (eye itching): 2 people, 33.33%
- Excessive Granulation Tissue (excessive collagen-rich tissue which forms at the site of an injury): 2 people, 33.33%
- Erection Problems: 2 people, 33.33%
- Ear Pain: 2 people, 33.33%
Common conditions people have *:
- Ulcerative Colitis (inflammatory bowel disease (ibd). it causes swelling, ulcerations, and loss of function of the large intestine): 2 people, 33.33%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Dostinex and have Mouth ulcers?Check whether Mouth ulcers is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Gürbüz F, Ya?c?-Küpeli B, K?r Y, Yüksel B, Zorludemir S, Gürbüz BB, Küpeli S, "The first report of cabergoline-induced immune hemolytic anemia in an adolescent with prolactinoma", Journal of Pediatric Endocrinology and Metabolism, 2014 Jan .
- Harris YT, Harris AZ, "Cabergoline associated with first episode mania", Psychosomatics, 2012 Jan .
How severe was Mouth ulcers and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of cabergoline:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Dostinex:
- Dostinex (2,769 reports)
Common Dostinex side effects:
- Headache (pain in head): 302 reports
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 266 reports
- High blood pressure: 262 reports
- Dizziness: 228 reports
- Drug ineffective: 206 reports
Browse all side effects of Dostinex:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Mouth ulcers treatments and more:
- Mouth ulcers (24,612 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Mouth ulcers:
- Mouth ulcers in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Mouth ulcers in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Mouth ulcers in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Mouth ulcers:
- Methotrexate: 3,499 reports
- Prednisone: 2,223 reports
- Enbrel: 1,311 reports
- Humira: 1,307 reports
- Zometa: 1,257 reports
- Omeprazole: 897 reports
- Aspirin: 864 reports
- Aredia: 761 reports
- Fosamax: 718 reports
- Remicade: 708 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Mouth ulcers:
- Mouth ulcers (2,572 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Mouth ulcers:
- Rheumatoid arthritis: 2,642 reports
- Crohn's disease: 887 reports
- Osteoporosis: 810 reports
- High blood pressure: 799 reports
- Pain: 792 reports
- Multiple myeloma: 620 reports
- Breast cancer: 579 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Mouth ulcers:
- Mouth ulcers (1,988 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on cabergoline (the active ingredients of Dostinex) and Dostinex (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Morphine Sulfate and Atherosclerosis - now
- Diethylpropion Hydrochloride and Weakness - a second ago
- L-Methylfolate vs. Buprenorphine Hydrochloride - a second ago
- Duloxetine Hydrochloride and Renal Failure Chronic Aggravated - 2 seconds ago
- Ibuprofen and Prezista drug interaction - 3 seconds ago
- Prezista and Raltegravir drug interaction - 4 seconds ago
- Indapamide vs. Clonazepam - 4 seconds ago
- Lotensin Hct vs. Pravastatin Sodium - 7 seconds ago
- Memory Loss and Bradycardia - 8 seconds ago
- Ipratropium Bromide and Butalbital And Acetaminophen drug interaction - 9 seconds ago