Will you have Decreased consciousness with Dotarem - from FDA reports
Decreased consciousness is found among people who take Dotarem, especially for people who are male, 50-59 old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Rhinocort, and have Nuclear magnetic resonance imaging brain. This study is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 1,250 people who have side effects when taking Dotarem from FDA, and is updated regularly.
eHealthMe is a health data analysis company based in Mountain View, California. eHealthMe monitors and analyzes the outcomes of drugs and supplements that are currently on the market. The results are readily available to health care professionals and consumers.
eHealthMe has released original studies on market drugs and worked with leading universities and institutions such as IBM, London Health Science Centre, Mayo Clinic, Northwestern University and VA. eHealthMe studies have now been referenced in over 500 peer-reviewed medical publications.
How we gather our data?
Healthcare data is obtained from a number of sources including the Food and Drug Administration (FDA). This information is aggregated and used to produce personalized reports that patients can reference.
The information that eHealthMe collects includes:
- Side effects (including severity and how people recover from them)
- Associated conditions or symptoms
- Drug effectiveness
- Demographic data regarding drug use
How the study uses the data?
The study is based on gadoterate meglumine (the active ingredients of Dotarem) and Dotarem (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Synonyms of Decreased consciousness are also considered in the study.
What is Dotarem?
Dotarem has active ingredients of gadoterate meglumine. (latest outcomes from Dotarem 1,250 users)
What is Decreased consciousness?
Decreased consciousness has been reported by people with pain, depression, multiple sclerosis, high blood pressure, diabetes (latest reports from 37,963 Decreased consciousness patients).
How to use the study?
Patients can bring a copy of the report to their healthcare provider to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood. It is recommended that patients use the information presented as a part of a broader decision-making process.
1,250 people reported to have side effects when taking Dotarem.
Among them, 7 people (0.56%) have Decreased consciousness
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Dotarem when people have Decreased consciousness *:
- < 1 month: 100 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Decreased consciousness when taking Dotarem *:
- female: 28.57 %
- male: 71.43 %
Age of people who have Decreased consciousness when taking Dotarem *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 14.29 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 14.29 %
- 40-49: 28.57 %
- 50-59: 28.57 %
- 60+: 14.29 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Nuclear Magnetic Resonance Imaging Brain: 3 people, 42.86%
- Migraine With Aura (headache with vision weakness): 2 people, 28.57%
- Encephalitis (inflammation of the brain): 1 person, 14.29%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Rhinocort: 2 people, 28.57%
- Zovirax: 1 person, 14.29%
- Ventolin: 1 person, 14.29%
- Pantoprazole: 1 person, 14.29%
- Claforan: 1 person, 14.29%
- Brintellix: 1 person, 14.29%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Anaphylaxis (serious allergic reaction that is rapid in onset and may cause death): 5 people, 71.43%
- Acute Kidney Failure: 2 people, 28.57%
- Tonic Clonic Movements (generalized seizure that affects the entire brain): 2 people, 28.57%
- Cardiac Arrest: 2 people, 28.57%
- Cardio-Respiratory Arrest (sudden dysfunction of heart and lungs): 2 people, 28.57%
- Nausea And Vomiting: 2 people, 28.57%
- Hepatic Failure (liver failure): 1 person, 14.29%
- Arrhythmias (irregular heartbeat): 1 person, 14.29%
- Brain Oedema (excess accumulation of fluid in the intracellular or extracellular spaces of the brain): 1 person, 14.29%
- Bronchospasm (spasm of bronchial smooth muscle producing narrowing of the bronchi): 1 person, 14.29%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you have Decreased consciousness while taking Dotarem?
- Check whether a drug or a condition causes Decreased consciousness
- Subscribe to monitor Decreased consciousness in Dotarem
- Subscribe to monitor Dotarem
You are not alone:
- Connect with people like you who take Dotarem and have Decreased consciousness
- Use your healthcare experience to help people like you, and be rewarded
Drugs that are associated with Decreased consciousnessDecreased consciousness (2,375 drugs)
Could your condition cause Decreased consciousnessDecreased consciousness (2,449 conditions)
Dotarem side effects
- Dotarem side effects (1,250 reports)
Browse side effects by gender and age
Browse all side effects of Dotarema b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
What would happen?
FDA reports used in this study
- Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Recent general studies
- Will you have Lightheadedness - Dizzy with Oats? - now
- Will you have Therapeutic Response Unexpected with Cimetidine? - 3 seconds ago
- Vitamin B1 and Nagara drug interaction - 6 seconds ago
- Men aged 60+ who have Weight Increased with Pepcid Ac - 7 seconds ago
- Men aged 60+ who have Weight Gain - Unintentional with Pepcid Ac - 7 seconds ago
- Men aged 60+ who have Weight Gain with Pepcid Ac - 8 seconds ago
- Will you have Effusion with Diltiazem Hydrochloride? - 8 seconds ago
- Will you have Sputum Purulent with Levoxyl? - 9 seconds ago
- Will you have Vaginal Discharge with Epilepsy? - 10 seconds ago
- Will you have Discharge From The Vagina with Epilepsy? - 11 seconds ago
Recent personal studies
- A study for a 23 year old woman who takes Accutane - 38 minutes ago
- A study for a 74 year old woman who takes Latisse - an hour ago
- Prediction of Viibryd, Vyvanse for a 59 year old man - an hour ago
- A study for a 62 year old woman who takes Claritin, Letrozole, Lipitor, Levothyroxine Sodium, Effexor Xr, Trazodone Hydrochloride - an hour ago
- Prediction of Wheat Grass for a 46 year old woman - an hour ago
- A study for a 67 year old woman who takes Escitalopram - 2 hours ago
- A study for a 28 year old woman who takes Hydroxyzine, Benzonatate - 3 hours ago
- A study for a 43 year old woman who takes Listerine - 4 hours ago
- A study for a 63 year old man who takes Tadalafil - 4 hours ago
- A study for a 82 year old woman who takes Eliquis - 6 hours ago
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.