Dovonex and Sleep apnea syndrome - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
We study 2,839 people who have side effects when taking Dovonex. Sleep apnea syndrome is found, especially among people who are female, 50-59 old, also take Cosentyx and have Multiple sclerosis.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Dovonex and have Sleep apnea syndrome. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You may use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 700+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
2,839 people reported to have side effects when taking Dovonex.
Among them, 18 people (0.63%) have Sleep apnea syndrome.
What is Dovonex?
Dovonex has active ingredients of calcipotriene. It is used in psoriasis. Currently, eHealthMe is studying from 2,860 Dovonex users.
What is Sleep apnea syndrome?
Sleep apnea syndrome is found to be associated with 2,529 drugs and 1,196 conditions by eHealthMe. Currently, we are studying 30,321 people who have Sleep apnea syndrome.
Number of Dovonex and Sleep apnea syndrome reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Sleep apnea syndrome when taking Dovonex *:
- female: 83.33 %
- male: 16.67 %
Age of people who have Sleep apnea syndrome when taking Dovonex *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 5.56 %
- 50-59: 77.78 %
- 60+: 16.67 %
Common drugs people take besides Dovonex *:
- Cosentyx: 10 people, 55.56%
- Dexamethasone: 7 people, 38.89%
- Amevive: 6 people, 33.33%
- Invokana: 5 people, 27.78%
- Enbrel: 5 people, 27.78%
- Remicade: 5 people, 27.78%
- Stelara: 5 people, 27.78%
- Zocor: 4 people, 22.22%
- Mucinex: 4 people, 22.22%
- Nitrofurantoin: 4 people, 22.22%
Common side effects people have besides Sleep apnea syndrome *:
- Breathing Difficulty: 13 people, 72.22%
- Itching: 10 people, 55.56%
- Stress And Anxiety: 9 people, 50.00%
- Diarrhea: 8 people, 44.44%
- Nasal Congestion (blockage of the nasal passages usually due to membranes lining the nose becoming swollen from inflamed blood vessels): 8 people, 44.44%
- Back Pain: 8 people, 44.44%
- Muscle Spasms (muscle contraction): 7 people, 38.89%
- Pulmonary Hypertension (increase in blood pressure in the lung artery): 6 people, 33.33%
- Sciatic Nerve Neuropathy (sciatic nerve damage): 5 people, 27.78%
- Nasopharyngitis (inflammation of the nasopharynx): 5 people, 27.78%
Common conditions people have *:
- Multiple Sclerosis (a nervous system disease that affects your brain and spinal cord. it damages the myelin sheath): 4 people, 22.22%
- Multiple Myeloma (cancer of the plasma cells): 3 people, 16.67%
- High Blood Cholesterol: 3 people, 16.67%
- Asthma: 3 people, 16.67%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Dovonex and have Sleep apnea syndrome?Check whether Sleep apnea syndrome is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Sleep apnea syndrome and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of calcipotriene:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Dovonex:
- Dovonex (2,860 reports)
Browse all side effects of Dovonex:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Sleep apnea syndrome treatments and more:
- Sleep apnea syndrome (30,321 reports)
Common drugs associated with Sleep apnea syndrome:
- Xyrem: 3,689 reports
- Prednisone: 2,282 reports
- Aspirin: 1,954 reports
- Vioxx: 1,650 reports
- Gabapentin: 1,621 reports
- Metformin: 1,359 reports
- Lisinopril: 1,254 reports
- Omeprazole: 1,225 reports
- Fosamax: 1,218 reports
- Cymbalta: 1,217 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Sleep apnea syndrome:
- Sleep apnea syndrome (2,529 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Sleep apnea syndrome:
- Narcolepsy: 3,468 reports
- High blood pressure: 1,454 reports
- Asthma: 1,260 reports
- Pain: 1,218 reports
- Depression: 1,211 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Sleep apnea syndrome:
- Sleep apnea syndrome (1,196 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on calcipotriene (the active ingredients of Dovonex) and Dovonex (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 700+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Midazolam Hydrochloride and Epoprostenol Sodium drug interaction - now
- Hydroxyurea and Reclast drug interaction - now
- Cabazitaxel and Trelstar drug interaction - 3 seconds ago
- Budesonide and Mitral Valve Disease - 12 seconds ago
- Warfarin Sodium and Irritability - 19 seconds ago
- Cyclophosphamide and Heart Disease - 23 seconds ago
- Sertraline and Drug Effect Increased - 27 seconds ago
- Meridia and Lotrel drug interaction - 40 seconds ago
- Isosorbide Dinitrate and Cleocin drug interaction - a minute ago
- Voltaren and White Blood Cells Urine Positive - a minute ago