Will you have Dehydration with Doxil - from FDA reports
Dehydration is found among people who take Doxil, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Zometa, and have Multiple myeloma. This study is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 6,045 people who have side effects when taking Doxil from FDA, and is updated regularly.
eHealthMe is a health data analysis company based in Mountain View, California. eHealthMe monitors and analyzes the outcomes of drugs and supplements that are currently on the market. The results are readily available to health care professionals and consumers.
eHealthMe has released original studies on market drugs and worked with leading universities and institutions such as IBM, London Health Science Centre, Mayo Clinic, Northwestern University and VA. eHealthMe studies have now been referenced in over 500 peer-reviewed medical publications.
How we gather our data?
Healthcare data is obtained from a number of sources including the Food and Drug Administration (FDA). This information is aggregated and used to produce personalized reports that patients can reference.
The information that eHealthMe collects includes:
- Side effects (including severity and how people recover from them)
- Associated conditions or symptoms
- Drug effectiveness
- Demographic data regarding drug use
How the study uses the data?
The study is based on doxorubicin hydrochloride (the active ingredients of Doxil) and Doxil (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Synonyms of Dehydration are also considered in the study.
What is Doxil?
Doxil has active ingredients of doxorubicin hydrochloride. It is often used in ovarian cancer. (latest outcomes from Doxil 6,090 users)
What is Dehydration?
Dehydration (dryness resulting from the removal of water) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, multiple sclerosis, pain, multiple myeloma, type 2 diabetes (latest reports from 116,327 Dehydration patients).
How to use the study?
Patients can bring a copy of the report to their healthcare provider to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood. It is recommended that patients use the information presented as a part of a broader decision-making process.
6,045 people reported to have side effects when taking Doxil.
Among them, 272 people (4.5%) have Dehydration
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Doxil when people have Dehydration *:
- < 1 month: 76.32 %
- 1 - 6 months: 21.05 %
- 6 - 12 months: 2.63 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Dehydration when taking Doxil *:
- female: 75.66 %
- male: 24.34 %
Age of people who have Dehydration when taking Doxil *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.91 %
- 40-49: 12.27 %
- 50-59: 32.73 %
- 60+: 54.09 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Multiple Myeloma (cancer of the plasma cells): 73 people, 26.84%
- Breast Cancer: 34 people, 12.50%
- Anaemia (lack of blood): 26 people, 9.56%
- High Blood Pressure: 18 people, 6.62%
- Ovarian Cancer Recurrent (reoccurrence of ovary cancer): 18 people, 6.62%
- Preventive Health Care: 17 people, 6.25%
- Diabetes: 13 people, 4.78%
- Musculoskeletal Pain (pain affects the bones, muscles, ligaments, tendons, and nerves): 13 people, 4.78%
- Neuropathy Peripheral (surface nerve damage): 13 people, 4.78%
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 12 people, 4.41%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Zometa: 107 people, 39.34%
- Dexamethasone: 71 people, 26.10%
- Zofran: 61 people, 22.43%
- Neupogen: 58 people, 21.32%
- Decadron: 56 people, 20.59%
- Velcade: 50 people, 18.38%
- Aredia: 49 people, 18.01%
- Celebrex: 47 people, 17.28%
- Coumadin: 47 people, 17.28%
- Aloxi: 47 people, 17.28%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 103 people, 37.87%
- Pain: 100 people, 36.76%
- Anaemia (lack of blood): 94 people, 34.56%
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 87 people, 31.99%
- Stress And Anxiety: 86 people, 31.62%
- Weakness: 85 people, 31.25%
- Pleural Effusion (water on the lungs): 81 people, 29.78%
- Pneumonia: 74 people, 27.21%
- Bone Disorder: 68 people, 25.00%
- Pancytopenia (medical condition in which there is a reduction in the number of red and white blood cells, as well as platelets): 67 people, 24.63%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you have Dehydration while taking Doxil?
- Check whether a drug or a condition causes Dehydration
- Subscribe to monitor Dehydration in Doxil
- Subscribe to monitor Doxil
You are not alone:
- Connect with people like you who take Doxil and have Dehydration
- Use your healthcare experience to help people like you, and be rewarded
Drugs that are associated with DehydrationDehydration (3,251 drugs)
Could your condition cause DehydrationDehydration (3,169 conditions)
Doxil side effects
- Doxil side effects (6,054 reports)
Browse side effects by gender and age
Browse all side effects of Doxila b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Compare Doxil with similar drugs
What would happen?
FDA reports used in this study
- Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Recent general studies
- Will you have Hearing Loss with Clobetasol Propionate? - 3 seconds ago
- Will you have Loss Of Hearing with Clobetasol Propionate? - 3 seconds ago
- Will you have Macrostomia with Ginger Root? - 3 seconds ago
- Will you have Deafness with Clobetasol Propionate? - 3 seconds ago
- Ceclor and Melatonin drug interaction - 3 seconds ago
- Will you have Decreased Hearing with Clobetasol Propionate? - 4 seconds ago
- Entocort Ec and Obestin-30 drug interaction - 8 seconds ago
- Imodium and Bryonia Dioca drug interaction - 10 seconds ago
- Phenytoin and Udakiryaka drug interaction - 12 seconds ago
- What to expect when you have Als and Pain - Abdomen? - 12 seconds ago
Recent personal studies
- A study for a 74 year old man who takes Cozaar - 4 minutes ago
- A study for a 58 year old woman who takes Stiolto Respimat - 18 minutes ago
- Prediction of Ativan for a 46 year old woman - an hour ago
- A study for a 62 year old woman who takes Labetalol Hydrocloride - an hour ago
- Drug comparison of Prednisolone Acetate, Azithromycin, Omeprazole for a 53 year old woman - 4 hours ago
- A study for a 73 year old woman who takes Vitamin B12 - 4 hours ago
- Prediction of Depakote for a 36 year old man - 5 hours ago
- A study for a 52 year old woman who takes Lisinopril - 7 hours ago
- A study for a 68 year old woman who takes Benlysta, Plaquenil, Cellcept - 11 hours ago
- A study for a 50 year old man who takes Symbicort, Singulair - 17 hours ago
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.